Interesting you bring up the institution of slavery. here is how I feel about THAT.<quoted text>How do you feel about the institution of slavery? What about all the little black girls that were raped by their owners?
1) White races have been enslaved for THOUSANDS of years. As far back as Mesopotamia. Indentured servants. Stop crying.
2) I think that I am sorry that YOUR VERY OWN people sold your people to the founders of our country. However, I am tired of being blamed for it. get over slavery already. If it bothers you, go back to Africa. I will GLADLY buy you a one way ticket.
3) I think if I was black, I would denounce Africa. I would not call myself an African American. I would simple refer to myself as an American. Why? Because black Africans sold your forefathers to white people. Black Africans enslaved your forefathers and their forefathers. It is your ancestors that started the slavery cycle in your family. Not the white people.
Again, its much like we still see today, black on black crime.(slavery)
White people DID keep you there. Most black slaves in America had an easier life than in Africa. Let's not paint a picture of rainbows and butterflies, but it was better.
4) A WHITE REPUBLICAN signed into law the Constitutional Amendment that set slaves free.(Lincoln)
5) Yet ANOTHER white republican signed the 15th amendment.(grant)(hint: that gave you the right to vote)
I think before we continue this discussion of slavery, you should read some history books, not just the black ones that preach about the evil white man. Figure out that some white dude didn't jump off a boat and hit your ancestor in the head and drag him from a life of luxury into forced slavery. That was done by the black community of Africa which profited from the suffering of your ancestors.
I am not justifying slavery. I am not saying that whites did not profit from the sweat and blood of your people. But had your own people not enslaved your family tree, you would be living in Africa today chasing a zebra for dinner. if you are going to blame slavery, blame in the right direction. Whites have centuries more of enslavement in their history. You don't see them makiing excuses and blaming Mesopotamians bevcause they cant get a job do you?