Mental Health Warrant
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Curious

United States

#1 Sep 27, 2009
How mental does a person have to act to get a mental health warrant put on them? And who has the athority to claim a person needs to be picked up?
think

Lexington, KY

#2 Sep 27, 2009
I think you have to be family and go to the courthouse to get warrant.Guess the judge will decide.Could be wrong
Local Gal

Louisville, KY

#3 Sep 28, 2009
This is an interesting topic. I have a question on that though as I've always wondered. If you are able to get a mental health warrant on someone, doesn't that only hold them for 72 hours or less? And if they refuse to talk to a counselor or what not, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose?
mayomus rodrigus

Frankfort, KY

#4 Sep 28, 2009
You will have to have a great amount of information & proof to take to the judge, not some silly little crap. They will issue a 24 hr. hold & after being examined by the doctor, the doctor can get it extended for another 72hrs.
if after 72 hrs, the doctor feels that the patient needs more done, then it can be extended for up to a month.
we did this to my sister!

“Never stop learning.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 Sep 28, 2009
Never heard of a mental warrant. Curious.
Local Gal

Louisville, KY

#6 Sep 28, 2009
But Mayomus, what if the person refuses to answer any questions or talk to the doctor? I have someone that we tried doing this to and he refused to talk to anyone so they cut him loose.
Curious

United States

#7 Sep 28, 2009
Mayomus,
I'm just wondering to what degree does a person have to display mentally to be locked up. Can you give an example of something your sister did that made you want to get a warrant issued on her? Is a warrant only petitioned by family members or a doctor, or can it be a girlfriend, a neighbor, or a friend? I'm just trying to understand how the judicial system works.

Thanks for your feed back.
goodfella

United States

#8 Sep 28, 2009
My dad took one out on me with a phone call. we had argued. I was at home playing ps, getn high when they come got me. You have to go, they take you to comp care, evaluate you. They let me go and i walked home. Say wrong things you stay.
Hey Curious

United States

#9 Sep 29, 2009
Curious wrote:
How mental does a person have to act to get a mental health warrant put on them? And who has the athority to claim a person needs to be picked up?
y? do u need an evaluation?2724
Hey Curious

United States

#10 Sep 29, 2009
it sounds to me curious. that u have too much time on ur hands. do YOU need an evaluation? thanks for your response. what a dork/
Curious

Lawrenceburg, KY

#11 Sep 29, 2009
Hey Curious wrote:
it sounds to me curious. that u have too much time on ur hands. do YOU need an evaluation? thanks for your response. what a dork/
Wow, you are really something to reply with that remark. I guess your brain doesn't think in terms of human nature and illness. Some intelligent feedback would be nice, but I guess you would rather put something negative on here instead. Your probably one of the ones that like to slander on here instead of thinking about a subject in general. If you have something negative to say, why say anything at all. No one invited you here to put anyone down. I was asking a question. An intelligent curious one at that. Go somewhere else where there is negative stuff going on, I didn't intend on the feedback being so. Wow, sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands to be here saying nothing at all....Maybe you need to be evaluated for your ignorance....and stupidity..seems you have some of that going on here.
Crazy

United States

#12 Oct 6, 2009
YOU GOT TO BE CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY to get one.

“Give back to your community!”

Since: Jul 07

Frankfort, KY

#13 Oct 6, 2009
Gina C wrote:
Never heard of a mental warrant. Curious.
Yes, there is such a thing. One must specifically show or indicate probable evidence that an individual is capable harming themselves or others. There are many ropes to jump through the process but, in the end, you can have an individual 'held' for up to 72 hours.

I know of one local case, 21 years ago, where a single phone call was enough.....30 minutes.
mommy

Liberty, TN

#14 Oct 6, 2009
goodfella wrote:
My dad took one out on me with a phone call. we had argued. I was at home playing ps, getn high when they come got me. You have to go, they take you to comp care, evaluate you. They let me go and i walked home. Say wrong things you stay.
that place is awful too
Fed Up

AOL

#15 Oct 7, 2009
goodfella wrote:
We have a family member being used by a rag of a person. He needs help but won't accept the fact of being used. This girl cons him out of his paycheck and has robbed him of all his dignity.I know he is sane and very intelligent. He excelled in school and every form of sports and in the workplace.He can't seem to see the bad side of this female pig. I would like to see him get some counseling or some spiritual guidance to steer him in the right direction. He refuses and denounces the idea. I am at the end of my rope I cannot believe some of the things that have happened to him.The rag that has him so star-struck has no morals and refuses to talk about the fact that she is destroying him.We wind up being the victims of verbal abuse and filthy accusations.I can't have him arrested and put somewhere because he is an adult and certainly doesn't need the extra burden of being declared incompetent.Right now he is neglecting his bills and personal needs to help her. What he doesn't understand, he isn't helping her, he is enabling her to feed her habits and to enable her scum ball addicts the drugs and alcohol they need to survive. He can't even afford shoes or clothing for himself and has denied himself any luxuries which he could afford if she wasn't there with her hand out.I can't have him mentally evaluated. I just pray to God he will wake up before she destroys him and our family.
overboard

Frankfort, KY

#16 Oct 7, 2009
you do have to be related, however all you have to do is say that you think the person is a danger to themselves. That they made a statement like.. I'm going to kill myself.. I knew a lady who was one of the best people you would ever want to meet in life, and her sister got po'ed at her and done just that.. An office came to my house where she was babysitting for me and took her to the hospital to be evaluated. I met her at hospital and explained to officers and Dr. that her sis and her had been in argument they released her with no questions. That is a joke. They need a new system

Since: Aug 09

Frankfort

#17 Oct 7, 2009
It's a mental inquest warrant, and you have to call an attorney. They will do it for free, though. The person who calls will need to answer a lot of questions regaurding the person they are calling about. If all the information you give is deemed to be enough for the inquest warrant to be signed, it still doesn't mean much will happen. They will go talk to the person you called about, determine if they are an immediate danger to themselves or others, and go from there. If they are taken, the longest they can be held is 72 hours, as long as they don't display any irrational behavior. Many people are able to get out at their 72 hours, if not before. Also, ONLY a close family member can get a mental inquest warrant on a person. For example, a concerned son calling for his mother.
Should have

Lawrenceburg, KY

#18 Oct 8, 2009
I had a boyfriend that was mental. He liked to do strange stuff and was trigger happy with his pistol. I should have filed one on him, he could have hurt someone or himself real bad. Doubt he ever changed, hear he still does that kind of crazy stuff.
SLAP IN THE FACE

United States

#19 Jul 29, 2010
FAMILY MEMBERS ARE THE VICTIMS HERE. YOU CAN FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN TO YOU BY COUNTY
ATTORNEYS,POLICE,ETC. IN THE END, YOU ARE THE ONE
WHO IS MADE TO LOOK STUPID. UNTIL A TRAGEDY OR
SOMETHING HORRIFIC HAPPENS, THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO. IT'S ASHAME TO THINK THAT PEOPLE ARE
CRYING OUT FOR HELP, AND YOU GET SLAPPED IN THE FACE. YOU SEE IT ON THE NEWS EVERYDAY, BUT WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU IS WHAT THE FAMILY MEMBERS
TRIED TO DO BEFORE IT CAME TO THAT POINT. OUR
JUDICIAL SYSTEM IN A JOKE. THEY ARE NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE WELFARE OF MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE, OR THERE
FAMILY MEMBERS. I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME RED TAPE SHOULD BE INVOLVED, BUT OUR SYSTEM MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET HELP IN A TIMELY FASHION.
SLAP IN THE FACE

United States

#20 Jul 29, 2010
SANE FAMILY MEMBERS SHOULD NOT BE SECOND GUESSED!
WITH MY EXPERIENCE ON MENTAL HEALTH WARRANTS,I FELT
LIKE I WAS BEING EVALUATED.IF YOU EVER FIND YOURSELF IN A SITUATION WANTING TO GET HELP FOR A FAMILY MEMBER, BE PREPARED! YOU WILL NOT LIKE WHAT
YOU ARE TOLD. IT'S LIKE BANGING YOUR HEAD ON A WALL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff detective Rick Qualls 1 hr bud bundy 60
Hot cougars or horny women (Jun '12) 6 hr checkersbargroupie 29
Who is the best hairdresser in Frankfort? 6 hr Take time 3
Le-Compte- Johnson-Taylor Funeral home 6 hr Dally belle 26
Why must i chase the cat aint nothin but the do... 7 hr company 2
I like to send a big Boo Hoo and the middle fin... 7 hr Denny C 13
Waitress 8 hr Johnny 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages