Comments
1 - 20 of 354 Comments Last updated Feb 8, 2013
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Question

Frankfort, KY

#1 Dec 11, 2012
Does the city actually try to enforce the codes? And if they do, how best to file a complaint?
lol at the question

Frankfort, KY

#2 Dec 11, 2012
Question wrote:
Does the city actually try to enforce the codes? And if they do, how best to file a complaint?
Hello
Shelly

Frankfort, KY

#3 Dec 11, 2012
What's your complaint?
Gee

Frankfort, KY

#4 Dec 11, 2012
Best way to file a complaint is to call whichever department the code is related to and tell them about it. Also, I think City Police write people up for ordinance violations...not entirely sure about that one.

They DO attempt to enforce codes. Frequent violators give them extra revenue.
Gee

Frankfort, KY

#5 Dec 11, 2012
Also, ensure that you are actually in the city limits.
Look about this site for your answers. You should be able to find documents with all the ordinances you're looking for and who to contact.

http://www.frankfort.ky.gov/documents
Mayor McSleaze

Frankfort, KY

#6 Dec 11, 2012
Hope Pat Melton reads

Frankfort, KY

#7 Dec 12, 2012
Mayor McSleaze wrote:
http://www.frankfort.ky.gov/si te-page/property-maintenance-c ode
http://www.frankfort.ky.gov/service/planning-...
I hope somebody calls in complaint about mess at entrance to crest wood on beechwood. That building is awful. Dumpster has been sitting for months with garbage in it and just unkept with tree branches hanging down in street. The building is an eye sore to all and the Dentist across the street has done a wonderful job of fixing up his building. The individual that owns the dilapidated building should be forced to either fix up the property or demolish it. Its horrible that people can own such crappy property and just let it sit in such a nice neighborhood. An opinion held by many.
Live in the hood

Frankfort, KY

#8 Dec 12, 2012
Hope Pat Melton reads wrote:
<quoted text>I hope somebody calls in complaint about mess at entrance to crest wood on beechwood. That building is awful. Dumpster has been sitting for months with garbage in it and just unkept with tree branches hanging down in street. The building is an eye sore to all and the Dentist across the street has done a wonderful job of fixing up his building. The individual that owns the dilapidated building should be forced to either fix up the property or demolish it. Its horrible that people can own such crappy property and just let it sit in such a nice neighborhood. An opinion held by many.
I doubt the city will do anything about that building, the owner lives in that neighborhood and has two old junk cars in his yard and its a violation and the city didn't make him move them. He just does what ever he wants and the city does nothing. A friend of mine told me that he showed a duplex to them on Wallace and that they could not believe he was showing it, that it was uninhabitable, nasty dirty and that the city needs to inspect it and make him clean and repair before he tries to rent it. They said the owner would have to pay them $500 a month to live in it. So that is what the capital of the state of Kentucky has to offer. Slumlords
Code enforcers read

Frankfort, KY

#9 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>I hope somebody calls in complaint about mess at entrance to crest wood on beechwood. That building is awful. Dumpster has been sitting for months with garbage in it and just unkept with tree branches hanging down in street. The building is an eye sore to all and the Dentist across the street has done a wonderful job of fixing up his building. The individual that owns the dilapidated building should be forced to either fix up the property or demolish it. Its horrible that people can own such crappy property and just let it sit in such a nice neighborhood. An opinion held by many.
Hope the city gets on this mess and make the owner clean up.
Hope city reads

Frankfort, KY

#10 Dec 12, 2012
Code enforcers read wrote:
<quoted text>Hope the city gets on this mess and make the owner clean up.
Yes I know who you are talking about. All his property looks trashy, and the city needs to go after him and inspect all his properties.
FPD rite ticktet

Frankfort, KY

#11 Dec 12, 2012
For tree hangin out in roadway, just wrong to not take care of property.
Tenants

Frankfort, KY

#12 Dec 12, 2012
Live in the hood wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt the city will do anything about that building, the owner lives in that neighborhood and has two old junk cars in his yard and its a violation and the city didn't make him move them. He just does what ever he wants and the city does nothing. A friend of mine told me that he showed a duplex to them on Wallace and that they could not believe he was showing it, that it was uninhabitable, nasty dirty and that the city needs to inspect it and make him clean and repair before he tries to rent it. They said the owner would have to pay them $500 a month to live in it. So that is what the capital of the state of Kentucky has to offer. Slumlords
Frankfort full of slumlords an nobody gets much satisfaction from city anyway. Tou need to take pictures and sue the owner of land. About only way to get something done is take before a judge. So many buys cheap properties an tries too make money renting do no work or sepend money.
Maintain or lose it

Frankfort, KY

#13 Dec 12, 2012
Thats actually how the codes read. They could condemn 100s of buildings, AND SHOULD.
Hope Pat Melton reads

Frankfort, KY

#14 Dec 12, 2012
Live in the hood wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt the city will do anything about that building, the owner lives in that neighborhood and has two old junk cars in his yard and its a violation and the city didn't make him move them. He just does what ever he wants and the city does nothing. A friend of mine told me that he showed a duplex to them on Wallace and that they could not believe he was showing it, that it was uninhabitable, nasty dirty and that the city needs to inspect it and make him clean and repair before he tries to rent it. They said the owner would have to pay them $500 a month to live in it. So that is what the capital of the state of Kentucky has to offer. Slumlords
Maybe the sheriff will get him.
Snitch

Frankfort, KY

#16 Dec 12, 2012
He lives in the first house on the left on Birchwood.
Farm boy

Frankfort, KY

#17 Dec 12, 2012
Call the Mayor and report it or report it to the County Attorney.
Hope Pat Melton reads

Frankfort, KY

#18 Dec 12, 2012
Farm boy wrote:
Call the Mayor and report it or report it to the County Attorney.
Maybe the feds can see why somebody has a wifi named fbi ser van lol just a federal violation 2-5 yrs and a $250,000 fine lol
Hope Pat Melton reads

Frankfort, KY

#19 Dec 12, 2012
Snitch wrote:
Does he have junk cars in his yard? Wonder how he gets by with them if he does? Maybe somebody should go to state, feds to see if corruption is involved. SHIT IS SHIT no matter who you are.
Neighbor

Frankfort, KY

#20 Dec 12, 2012
Snitch wrote:
You mean the little pos white house with gravel thrown down to look like driveway? And 2 junks sitting in yard? Where are the city inspectors? Thats as blatant as is it gets. Turn him/ them in and get rid of the trash.
Wondering

Frankfort, KY

#21 Dec 12, 2012
Snitch wrote:
Butch McCoy owns that building on the corner of East Main and Beechwood.
Is that the same guy riding around in a an old s10 PU with no bumpers, sucking a beer all the time? If so. he is GROSS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min use your brain 1,248
Eric Steven Jockers 1 hr hmm 2
Larry Left Hook 2 hr Really 10
Napier v Melton 3 hr Neighbor 10
people who steal instead of working 3 hr Court Jester 3
state workers drugs (Jul '13) 3 hr Well 59
Elkhorn Football 3 hr West4Life 10
A Brothel Disguised as a Steakhouse called Zaxb... 6 hr FatboyWannabeCome... 11
Threads will be flagged for Moderator review 8 hr Anon 36
Rude as* Brittney Booth 10 hr Dey Dey 43
Why has the murder of Dillon Walker been so quiet? 20 hr GunsArentGlamorous 25
•••
•••