wondering

Frankfort, KY

#1 May 19, 2012
can a person go to jail over 6 bounced checks that dont total even 100?
lawgal

United States

#2 May 19, 2012
Not unless you intended to defraud the recipient. If you know you have $100 in the bank and you go on a shopping spree spending thousands you may be criminally prosecuted.

Writing checks on a closed account will almost always end you up in jail
what if

Eddyville, KY

#3 May 19, 2012
so what if the checks are already paid.
wondering

Frankfort, KY

#4 May 19, 2012
no intent, just a mistake by both myself and the bank. they charge 50 for each check plus the check amount even thought the bank admitted they were also at fault and didnt charge for the overdraft. what should have been 93 is now almost 400! i dont have the money and dont know what to do!
Honesty

Frankfort, KY

#5 May 19, 2012
wondering wrote:
no intent, just a mistake by both myself and the bank. they charge 50 for each check plus the check amount even thought the bank admitted they were also at fault and didnt charge for the overdraft. what should have been 93 is now almost 400! i dont have the money and dont know what to do!
go to your bank and speak with a manager. Alot of the time they will waive some or all the fees. But you definetly need to go to each business where the check was written and pay what you owe them. Don't worry about the bank balance for now.
I had the same misfortune happen to me and I never did pay Farmers Bank. I did pay the businesses! Whatever you do, do not just ignore the letters.
Good luck.
Mel

Frankfort, KY

#6 May 8, 2014
What if the account was closed and you write it to a check exchange place?
Mel

Frankfort, KY

#7 May 8, 2014
lawgal wrote:
Not unless you intended to defraud the recipient. If you know you have $100 in the bank and you go on a shopping spree spending thousands you may be criminally prosecuted.
Writing checks on a closed account will almost always end you up in jail
Mel
Frankfort, KY
1 min ago

seems legit

Atlanta, GA

#8 May 8, 2014
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
Mel
Frankfort, KY
1 min ago
That's intentionally defrauding the check cashing business. The sole purpose of writing a check on YOUR account is so, if for some reason, you can't pay them back, they will pull the money out of your checking account. If you know it's closed and you proceeded to write a check regardless, you could face some serious jail time. Better hope you pay them back before it's due!
Hello

United States

#9 May 11, 2014
Just make sure you work out a payment plan with bank an stick to it . If you don't do what you agree to then they will arrest you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Negan 165,498
Chester Bennington 1 hr dave 1
David Peffer 2 hr dave 15
text a tip line (Apr '14) 4 hr Hello 18
Who robbed juan 4 hr Hello 12
Bill may 4 hr Honest resident 1
Bishop Green (Aug '14) 4 hr Earned My Doctorate 12

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages