wreck by speedway
terrible

Frankfort, KY

#22 Dec 1, 2012
People need to slow down and pay attention. Stop being in such a hurry and watch out.
Jessica Casey

Frankfort, KY

#23 Dec 1, 2012
OK everyone. I received a call from one of the police here in Frankfort this afternoon. I was able to get an update on how our Motorcyclist is doing. His name is DeShaun Barnett and he is very lucky to be here right now. He is at UK hospital and doing so much better than anyone expected. He has road rash on his back, a broken leg which he had to have surgery on and a contusion on his head. If he had not been wearing his helmet, which broke into 3 separate pieces he would have died. He is awake and able to recall exactly what happened which is a blessing in and of itself. All of this information came from one of our very own officers right after speaking with Mr. Barnett himself.
me or u

United States

#24 Dec 1, 2012
http://state-journal.com/latest%20headlines/2...

Its locked. But here is the up date. I cant see or i would post the story not link.
terrible

Frankfort, KY

#25 Dec 1, 2012
Well, what happened?
terrible

Frankfort, KY

#26 Dec 1, 2012
What happened regarding the wreak?
Jessica Casey

Frankfort, KY

#27 Dec 1, 2012
The officer that I spoke to this afternoon said that they were still not releasing what had happened and they were still gathering information pertaining to the incident.
Biker

Louisville, KY

#28 Dec 1, 2012
Its so dangerous riding a bike in this town. People in Frankfort CAN'T SEE bikes. I had a little ole lady look me EYE TO EYE and pull out in front of me. I was on US 127 traveling 55 mph (the speed limit) and she pulled out and stopped. Yes, I hit her broadside. Just lucky my Guardian Angel was my copilot... BIKERS BEWARE!!
Well

Duluth, GA

#29 Dec 1, 2012
Prayers go out to the family .
neighbor

United States

#30 Dec 1, 2012
Neighbor said the bike hit the suv not the suv hit the car.. He saw it happen. Either way prayers for all involved and those who saw it happen.
neighbor

United States

#31 Dec 1, 2012
Not suv hit bike (sorry)
payingmydues

Shelbyville, KY

#32 Dec 1, 2012
Jessica Casey wrote:
OK everyone. I received a call from one of the police here in Frankfort this afternoon. I was able to get an update on how our Motorcyclist is doing. His name is DeShaun Barnett and he is very lucky to be here right now. He is at UK hospital and doing so much better than anyone expected. He has road rash on his back, a broken leg which he had to have surgery on and a contusion on his head. If he had not been wearing his helmet, which broke into 3 separate pieces he would have died. He is awake and able to recall exactly what happened which is a blessing in and of itself. All of this information came from one of our very own officers right after speaking with Mr. Barnett himself.

I just want to thank you Jessica---Good things will come to you. Whether it be now or later. I don't know anyone involved, but you're a blessing to the family and you were put there for a reason. Remember that!!
who

Frankfort, KY

#33 Dec 1, 2012
i apologize for i thought it was don palmer I was at the scene and a employee of speedway said that is who it was. i am a nurse assistant and this man was very lucky
Jessica Casey

Frankfort, KY

#34 Dec 1, 2012
who wrote:
i apologize for i thought it was don palmer I was at the scene and a employee of speedway said that is who it was. i am a nurse assistant and this man was very lucky
Are you the young lady that was in the gold/tannish car that pulled up in the middle turning lane before the EMT's showed up?
Jessica Casey

Frankfort, KY

#35 Dec 1, 2012
payingmydues wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want to thank you Jessica---Good things will come to you. Whether it be now or later. I don't know anyone involved, but you're a blessing to the family and you were put there for a reason. Remember that!!
Thank you for the kind words, but that is not why I did it! Like I was telling one of the officers at the scene last night I saw an accident and knew I had the training needed to be used at the scene. I was a medic who worked with the cops on base and knew the basics of medical help and directing traffic to keep the crime scene preserved to the best of my ability. I didn't think of anything but making sure that both drivers that were involved were OK. That is the only thing that mattered at the time. I hate to admit it but I ran on pure adrenaline and training.
who

Frankfort, KY

#36 Dec 1, 2012
Yes
Jessica Casey

Frankfort, KY

#37 Dec 1, 2012
who wrote:
Yes
OK. I did not realize that was you. I wasn't trying to be mean or rude by anything posted I was just trying to get facts out there about him and his current condition, and try to stop some of the rumors that were flying. I was the lady that was directing traffic on the Speedway side of the road.
wellokthen

Chicago, IL

#38 Dec 1, 2012
Jessica Casey wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the kind words, but that is not why I did it! Like I was telling one of the officers at the scene last night I saw an accident and knew I had the training needed to be used at the scene. I was a medic who worked with the cops on base and knew the basics of medical help and directing traffic to keep the crime scene preserved to the best of my ability. I didn't think of anything but making sure that both drivers that were involved were OK. That is the only thing that mattered at the time. I hate to admit it but I ran on pure adrenaline and training.
I'm sure that everyone involved is grateful for your help. With your past experience and training you, of all people, should know better than to be on here giving out names and information on the victims involved. You have set yourself up for one HELL of a lawsuit. Good luck!
meeee

Frankfort, KY

#39 Dec 1, 2012
wellokthen wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure that everyone involved is grateful for your help. With your past experience and training you, of all people, should know better than to be on here giving out names and information on the victims involved. You have set yourself up for one HELL of a lawsuit. Good luck!
I know right. I'm going to put my name on a public forum to make sure that I receive public recognition for directing traffic and "saving" a mans life with my amazing training and blah blah blah. Come on now. You did a good deed and you've gotten your thank you. Instead you keep on and on. Geeze enough already. If you were that concerned about getting information out about his condition you would put in on here and leave it be. Instead you put a little about him and a whole lot about you and you even make sure to leave your name!
cheech

Columbus, OH

#40 Dec 1, 2012
who wrote:
no apology needed,lady. we dont want anyone to die, but we was hoping donald palmer was efed up, but in due time..
Jessica Casey

Frankfort, KY

#41 Dec 2, 2012
This is her husband who is also trained in emergency related subjects and hands on as well; the hate comments towards Jessica will stop cause lets put a little REALITY in perspective!!!!!!! if it were you that was in the life or death accident you would want someone (me or my wife) that saved the motorcyclist life in front of Sonic the other night. The officer had called her and said that all info. that was givin to us yesterday was said to be OKAY to let the public EYE know. i for one hate HATERS who cant handle another person settling RUMORS and other very hateful things, basically what im trying to say is if your the HATERS TYPING ON HERE BOUT MY WIFE JUST KNOW THIS MUCH YOU LOSERS YOU YOURSELF ARE NOT GUAREENTEED TOMORRROW THATS FACTS!!!!!!!!!! AND TO THE ONES WHO ARE GRATEFUL FOR MY WIFE I GIVE YOU BLESSINGS OUT AND ALSO SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT CAUSE FRANKFORT AT LEAST MY WIFE SERVED TO KEEP YOUR FREEDOMS, FAMILIES, AND FRIENDS ALIVE HERE IN THIS BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY OF AMERICA AND QUITE FRANKLY SHE DESERVES MORE THAN. THINK ABOUT IT LIKE I JUST SAID NOONE IS PROMISED TOMORROW BUT ONE PERSON IS AND THATS THE LIFE THAT MY WIFE AND A FEW OTHERS SAVED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Money make ur girl do all the sweet sweet thang... 11 min big Mike 8
Giving away stuff 16 min jussayin 2
Campfire Kitchen 17 min jussayin 31
Wreck on the east side 18 min wondering 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min Mike duckit 142,478
Moochers 47 min Fedup 1
Back to school 48 min Dry 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages