Chris Tracy Franklin County Football

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
A Joke

United States

#1 Dec 7, 2012
In a recent article with the Herald Leader Tracy said Neal Browns offense is similar to the one "he" runs at Fchs.

As a person close to the program I can tell you Tracy does not have ANYTHING to do with the offense at FCHS. This year he had ZERO input on the gameplan and Called ZERO plays. It sickens me to see someone who did very little work try to take credit. The credit needs to go to his offensive coordinator and staff who DID ALL THE WORK. For what it means we really appreciate what coach James, Thacker, Thompson, Ammons and Perkins did.

It's sad to see someone who will not give credit where it is really due. Good leaders make others around them better and do no take credit for the actions of others

Tisk, Tisk Tracy
Question

Shepherdsville, KY

#2 Dec 7, 2012
Here's the quote from the article:

"Tracy said the offense that Brown runs with Texas Tech is identical to the one he has at Franklin County.

It says "he has." Tracy never claimed he designed it, or even ran it. He's the head coach. It's HIS offense because it's HIS team. No matter whether or not he's calling the plays. It's HIS defense, his practice schedule, his kicking game, his special teams, his uniforms, his Gatorade bottles.

Your immaturity, or jealousy, or whatever is bugging you, is making you stupid.
Alumni

United States

#3 Dec 7, 2012
The "offensive coordinator" is supposed to call the plays, it's not the Head Coach's responibility. Same for defense. The one that should be getting called out is the "defensive coordinator" since that has been their problem since Coach Tracy took over. I am sure Coach Tracy is involved in the game plan

The program is still in alot better shape now than before he got here. Give some credit where credit is due.
Observer

Frankfort, KY

#4 Dec 7, 2012
I wonder if FCHS sucked, how quick "a joke" would be to BLAME Tracy because he is the head coach?

Win lose or draw, Tracy gets the credit or takes the fall. If the "Offense Coordinator" is sucking, then Tracy better make changes or he wont be head coach long. On the other side, if Tracy makes good choices (which he has) then he also gets the credit.

Sorry, but I agree with the guy above. It's Tracy's team. You want all the credit, step up and take his job and risk getting the blame if it goes bad. It comes with the territory.

All the coordinators are there to help the coach's success. When they stop doing that, it's Tracy's job to make changes.
Coach J

United States

#5 Dec 7, 2012
You guys are funny. Tracy has done wonders for FCHS. The program is garnering attention like never before. Just like on the field it takes a TEAM of good coaches to be successful. As a member of the staff I think it's ridiculous to try to take credit away from Tracy. A joke you should get lost you obviously don't know how FB works
To Momma

United States

#6 Dec 7, 2012
A Joke is probably some shlub who wished he had played or coached. The papers don't go to the OC or DC when things go wrong. They go to the head coach. Same with parents who complain. From reading the quote I don't think anything was meant to slight any of his Staff. A Joke,you sound like you take it personal. Are you or a family member not getting some credit you think you deserve?
East Side Football

Frankfort, KY

#7 Dec 8, 2012
Coach Tracy deserves all the credit. If it falls apart he will be the one fired. So he should get credit when things are good.

People amaze me. Just wait see what we put on the field this coming season, could be better than this group in the coming years. Several kids transferring in!
youmean

Frankfort, KY

#8 Dec 10, 2012
East Side Football wrote:
Coach Tracy deserves all the credit. If it falls apart he will be the one fired. So he should get credit when things are good.
People amaze me. Just wait see what we put on the field this coming season, could be better than this group in the coming years. Several kids transferring in!
Correction: "Several kids recruited in..."
youknow

United States

#9 Dec 10, 2012
I sure hope that big linemen and defensive players are what is transferring in. Otherwise it will be the same results at the end of the year. Why not recruit a DC while you are at it.
Cant Fix Stupid

Shepherdsville, KY

#10 Dec 10, 2012
If you really are part of the FCHS program, please borrow some common sense from someone and stop your stupid bragging about transfers.
youknow

United States

#11 Dec 10, 2012
Cant Fix Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really are part of the FCHS program, please borrow some common sense from someone and stop your stupid bragging about transfers.
Doesn't everyone want to be a part of a winner? If you have a son not a part of the FC Football program, you should seriously consider it.
Observer

Frankfort, KY

#12 Dec 10, 2012
youknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't everyone want to be a part of a winner? If you have a son not a part of the FC Football program, you should seriously consider it.
NEWS FLASH: There are more important things than fotball. Most of these kids will never play beyond high school. Those who do, few will play for D1 schools. And virtually none will ever play pro ball. However, every one of them will someday have to support themselves or live on the obama plan.

I chose character, integrity and education over anything FC has to offer.
youknow

United States

#13 Dec 10, 2012
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
NEWS FLASH: There are more important things than fotball. Most of these kids will never play beyond high school. Those who do, few will play for D1 schools. And virtually none will ever play pro ball. However, every one of them will someday have to support themselves or live on the obama plan.
I chose character, integrity and education over anything FC has to offer.
Good for you! You are right, most will not play college football let alone D1 but why not enjoy your high school years while you are there? How much fun is it to be on a losing team year after year? I am sure you know plenty of people who remember "the good old days" and the fun times they had playing sports in high school. That's what it represents more than anything is the experience and the opportunity to be as good as you can be. FC offers the best experience in that besides small school football at FHS. BTW, there is still another excellent opportunity for a quality education at FCHS while you are there. There are more AP classes and the CTC building is on the same campus. You'll get out of it what you put into it. Might as well go where you can be better served. I think everyone who reads this will know where you are.
Flyers for life

Frankfort, KY

#14 Dec 10, 2012
Tracy will never have the talent he's had these past 2yrs. I bet whoever they get next year will not be able to put up 60+ a game like the previous seasons.
PlaySomebody

Frankfort, KY

#15 Dec 10, 2012
The problem with Franklin Co. the past 2 years is defense. I think if County would have played some better schools like, Lex. Catholic, Boyle County, maybe even thrown Highlands on the schedule they would get past teams like Cooper. Tracy sets up his team the easiest schedule and barely gets by with winning some of them. County's offense was awesome this year and if they took maybe 2 losses in the season just some bruises and bashings instead of having every time Timmons touched the ball score, they would learn from mistakes. Thats why Timmons got shut down against a good defense by Cooper and his all-star game stats? Exactly.

Hats off to Frankfort High though. They play a well-schedule and I feel they had the better team. Coach Craig Foley has The Panthers where they need to be, It sucks they can't get over the Beechwood slump, I really thought they would like it took them a while to find Danville's number.

Anyways, hire back Donny Walker or give one of the coaches at Frankfort High the coaching job at County, Tracy is a bust.

It is not Chris Tracy's team in my opinion it is Coach Thacker's team and I don't even like the guy but he's smart as hell.
youknow

United States

#16 Dec 10, 2012
PlaySomebody wrote:
The problem with Franklin Co. the past 2 years is defense. I think if County would have played some better schools like, Lex. Catholic, Boyle County, maybe even thrown Highlands on the schedule they would get past teams like Cooper. Tracy sets up his team the easiest schedule and barely gets by with winning some of them. County's offense was awesome this year and if they took maybe 2 losses in the season just some bruises and bashings instead of having every time Timmons touched the ball score, they would learn from mistakes. Thats why Timmons got shut down against a good defense by Cooper and his all-star game stats? Exactly.
Hats off to Frankfort High though. They play a well-schedule and I feel they had the better team. Coach Craig Foley has The Panthers where they need to be, It sucks they can't get over the Beechwood slump, I really thought they would like it took them a while to find Danville's number.
Anyways, hire back Donny Walker or give one of the coaches at Frankfort High the coaching job at County, Tracy is a bust.
It is not Chris Tracy's team in my opinion it is Coach Thacker's team and I don't even like the guy but he's smart as hell.
You make some very good points and i agree on most with the exception that Tracy is a bust. Tracy is a semi-clone of Donny Walker. They run the same offensive package. They relied on one super star. Donny bolted after Kaelin left, Tracy is still here after Timmons and i think will stay here. You are 100% on the money about defense and scheduling. Keep in mind they are locked into 2 year contracts on the out of district schedule so hopefully they will drop those weak teams and schedule stronger. I believe the well is not dry. Granted they may not have this kind of explosive offense again for a few years but they will still be pretty competitive. They will go to the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs consistently. Especially if they get some linemen with size and a defense. Roberts (head case), Mckaskill, Hurst and a few others return and Elkhorn has some good players coming to go along with all these talked about transfers.
I think too many people give FHS too much credit. They basically go as far as County and get beat by the same teams every year (Beechwood & Mayfield) so i think Foley is no better than Tracy at this point. The Capital City is luck to have both. WH is an embarassment to the town otherwise we can be proud of our football programs in Frankfort/Franklin County
iknow

Frankfort, KY

#17 Dec 10, 2012
youknow wrote:
<quoted text>
You make some very good points and i agree on most with the exception that Tracy is a bust. Tracy is a semi-clone of Donny Walker. They run the same offensive package. They relied on one super star. Donny bolted after Kaelin left, Tracy is still here after Timmons and i think will stay here. You are 100% on the money about defense and scheduling. Keep in mind they are locked into 2 year contracts on the out of district schedule so hopefully they will drop those weak teams and schedule stronger. I believe the well is not dry. Granted they may not have this kind of explosive offense again for a few years but they will still be pretty competitive. They will go to the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs consistently. Especially if they get some linemen with size and a defense. Roberts (head case), Mckaskill, Hurst and a few others return and Elkhorn has some good players coming to go along with all these talked about transfers.
I think too many people give FHS too much credit. They basically go as far as County and get beat by the same teams every year (Beechwood & Mayfield) so i think Foley is no better than Tracy at this point. The Capital City is luck to have both. WH is an embarassment to the town otherwise we can be proud of our football programs in Frankfort/Franklin County
WH is pretty bad. It's sad though that you got coaching staff from FCHS going around and trying to get what little talent WH and FHS musters up. WH will never be able to build a team because all the good players get encouraged by FCHS coaching staff to play for county and be a part of a "winning program."

Kids are easily manipulated. They want instant results. it's hard to get kids to stay and work hard to build something. Just wait, a few of you already promised "transfers are coming." It's sad that the selfless greed of the coaching staff at FCHS wants to pull all the talent in the city to their program.

Look at Landon hurst. Played west side all through FYFL with the cowboys. Went to frankfort middle. Now where is he? That's the advantage of divorced parents. Usually kids can move around and lie on their papers and go to any school in the county.
Yo Momma

United States

#18 Dec 14, 2012
You guys are comical. You think that the kids are are making the decision to transfer schools. As far as scheduling goes, I think you better look at the records of FC and FHSs opponents. Neither is outstanding. To say Frankfort High is good would not be accurate. They play no one. Their district is horrible. And the other teams they play, with the exception of FC and Danville, are average at best. FC is the best team in the county by far. BTW, Miller at Hills may be the best coach in the county. He has no talent on his team.
Play Somebody

Frankfort, KY

#19 Dec 14, 2012
youknow wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankfort High hasn't lost to Mayfield they beat them by the way.

Also, do your research, Frankfort High plays Danville, Lexington Christian, Rockcastle, Sheldon Clark.

Danville-W
Rockcastle-W
Sheldon Clark-W
Lexington Christian-W

... All teams are their Class top teams and Lex Christian=State champs and runner up couple of years back. Danville=State Champs and runner up couple of years back. Sheldon Clark=runner up state champ.

Franklin County plays nobody everybody that beats them in the playoffs goes to State. Think about it.
youknow

United States

#20 Dec 14, 2012
No doubt FC needs to schedule better if they want to be better prepared for the later rounds of the playoffs. No one will doubt their talent.
FHS does play in a horrible district but that's not their fault. At least Foley does schedule schools that are much bigger and somewhat better.
No way Miller is the best coach. Keep in mind he was Tracy's assistant at Woodford. Don't be surprised if he doesn't reunite with him again some day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad neighbors that don't have facts in two creeks 19 min Watch yourself 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min IND 151,934
New Bridgeport Apts. 26 min Wildcat 1
Leave Joel Hurst Alone!!!!!HATERS.... 31 min Slam 9
When will the Western Hills Football team actua... 52 min Flying High 20
Ashely Bryant 53 min Frank 3
blonde headed victoria smith (Jul '15) 1 hr Deb 36

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance