Since: May 09

Location hidden

#21 May 12, 2010
curious wrote:
According to this site...
http://theshadowlands.net/places/kentucky.htm
The haunted Cry Baby Bridge is in Shelbyville.
No, Cry Baby Bridge is Hifner Bridge on Hifner Road in Versailles.
YOUR NUTS

Frankfort, KY

#22 May 12, 2010
cry baby wrote:
CRY BABY LANE OR CRY BABY BRIDGE?? IN VERSAILLES THERE IS A CRYBABY BRIDGE AND THE STORY IS A MOTHER KILLED HER BABY THERE AND AT NIGHT WHEN YOU STOP ON THE BRIDGE AND TURN YOUR CAR OFF YOU CAN HERE THE BABY CRYING :(
I have lived in Versailles aaall my life and never have EVER heard such a outrageous story !! Where do you people get your infomation from !
Dawn

Frankfort, KY

#23 May 12, 2010
I was told that Cry Baby Lane was in Shelbyville, I dont know where everyone else got their info.
GReasy

United States

#24 May 12, 2010
There's one of these stories in almost every town. In my hometown it was a train trestle and the satanic church was actually an old horse farm with a red and black fence.
Shame

Frankfort, KY

#25 May 13, 2010
Its a shame how 'Christians" will start rumors, lies about 'devil worshipers' to garner public fear.

Thou shalt not bear false witness.
Nikki

United States

#26 May 14, 2010
same story wrote:
same story for cry baby lane as cry baby bridge...from what I heard. also there is supposedly some satanic church out by cry baby lane....all on hanly lane.
Ohhh but there is a chUrch and it's scary as f:uckk, there's a huge sundial, they have mtgs at night. Don't let them catch you watching, they will shoot, I kno where it's at but not sure the name of the rd. Scaryiest night of my life.
OldnWise

Philadelphia, PA

#27 May 19, 2010
Dawn wrote:
I was told that Cry Baby Lane was in Shelbyville, I dont know where everyone else got their info.
I think it's Cry Baby Bridge in Shelby Co...not sure...but Cry Baby Lane is out towards Millville. There is no actual street sign to my knowledge...just referred to as that.
Sara

Santa Clara, CA

#28 May 22, 2010
Deadly Dave wrote:
well im not a ferm believer.. but i heard that story from my bus driver (a story telling the kids why she had to open the door and look out before crossing the tracks) because it was on the bus rout.. I remember now.. but no never been to crybaby bridge..
The train wreck that caused the 'open door' school bus law happened in Salt Lake City, Utah in 1938... Nowhere near KY.
take some pride

United States

#29 May 22, 2010
Yea I came from shelby co ,We have a crybaby bridge,its on the way to henry co,I'm in my early 40sbut even my parents hung and partied there when in high school,its famous!
Ehh

Santa Clara, CA

#30 May 22, 2010
so did u hear the baby cry?
Believe what you see

Frankfort, KY

#31 May 23, 2010
t's not on Hanly Lane people. It's Deerwood Drive off of Hanly. And it's not a satanic church. http://kyholistic-center.com/
they do have some pagan rituals....like a mini stonehenge and stuff.
Now, as far as this place goes....I have been there. It is NOT SATANIC, It is a holistic life center in which you can get to know Stanley Stratford and Carolyn Renfrow who happen to run the place. Very intelligent people. There use to be all kinds of study groups and classes taught there. The grounds are beautiful and its peaceful there as well too. Before you go judging places and people without a clue why not drop in and take a tour? You may learn something and regulardude you might get a lot of info to help you along your path to investigating the paranormal.
There is also a group called Kentucky Ghost Hunters check them out as well, they were looking for people to go along and visit supposed haunted places..You can experience it first hand and then judge the knowledge for yourself...
wow

Nalcrest, FL

#32 May 23, 2010
Deadly Dave wrote:
im probly thinkin of the wrong place, but is that the place where school bus got hit by train and if you stop on the tracks then the kids suposidly push you across the tracks? suppose to hear kids crying or something too thats why i asked..
I have been there with my boyfriend and his friend. We turned the car off and the lights and all of a sudden the car starts to move off the train tracks! It was crazzzyyy! the kids r pushin u off the tracks bc they don't want u to die like they did.
wow

Nalcrest, FL

#33 May 23, 2010
Oh Bullshit wrote:
This is the biggest crock I've ever read. How old are all of you 16? URBAN LEGENDS FOLKS!
Its true go do it urself! Then let us kno wut happend=)
James T

Frankfort, KY

#34 May 24, 2010
It amazes me that grown adults believe in ghosts.
interested

United States

#35 Aug 12, 2010
Ehh wrote:
so did u hear the baby cry?
what is the name of the road its on. i think we saw it there
interested

United States

#36 Aug 12, 2010
take some pride wrote:
Yea I came from shelby co ,We have a crybaby bridge,its on the way to henry co,I'm in my early 40sbut even my parents hung and partied there when in high school,its famous!
what is the name of the road its on
interested

United States

#37 Aug 12, 2010
take some pride wrote:
whats the name of the road its on

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#39 Aug 16, 2010
I've been all over the country, & in every single town/city I've been to has a cry baby lane/bridge/road. I'm a firm believer in the paranormal, but that's got to be just an urban legend since every town has the same story.
Also, I was watching something where people put their cars in nuetral and roll over the train tracks is because of the ever so slight dip on the tracks that makes you go forward. The school bus crash that in effect made the law where the bus driver has to open the door & have a look-out happened in Utah in 1938.
sahra hash

Durham, NC

#40 Dec 15, 2010
cry baby lane is in raleigh nc near nc state it was an old orphanage that burned all the orphans to death in the 1950's you can still smell the smoke AND hear their crys
Mama Maria

New Albany, IN

#41 Jun 9, 2011
Years ago my friends and I went out by the train tressels (sp?) in Fisherville/Taylorsville Ky area. I can't remember the name of the road but my friends and I were in the back of a ford pickup (we were't drinking or doing drugs!) The driver of the truck stopped to urinate off the side of the road. People were chatting quietly because we had just discussed the story of the goat-man legend that was famous with high school seniors. I was the only one on one side of the truck. As I looked into a wooded area, I saw a huge bonfire, probably 6-7ft high. It was approx 60 yards back. I hushed everyone and got their attention. There were 6 or 8 people in long black cloaks standing around the fire. As I got the last persons attention, we screamed a nervous high pitched scream. The people around the fire scattered and the huge fire went completely out....no embers from what we could see...no smoke...nothing!! I am not sure what we saw that night, but it convinced me to never go back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ban Firework 9 min hank snow 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 23 min Family Man 141,454
are they setting off fireworks tomorrow 32 min Ban the 4th 6
Amanda Ingels 1 hr What 10
Walmart 3rd shift 2 hr duh 2
banta's security & investigations (Jan '13) 3 hr moby one 38
juniper hills pool 4 hr -_- thoughts 10
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages