people on assistance
social media

United States

#1 Oct 20, 2012
Name people the try and make people think they work hard for what they have when they draw fs~ section 8~disbility
Okay

Frankfort, KY

#2 Oct 20, 2012
social media wrote:
Name people the try and make people think they work hard for what they have when they draw fs~ section 8~disbility
What is "disbility?" Perhaps you are referring to D-I-S-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y, which there are two programs for. One, entitled SSI is given to individuals with disabilities who have never worked or do not have a long employment record which would qualify them to receive SSDI (disability). SSDI (which is commonly referred to as disability), entitles an individual to a benefit amount based on their employment history and what THEY have contributed to the system while working. There is a difference between the two. SSI is a SET amount an individual can receive, SSDI is based on the individual's employment history and contributions. The statement received from the Social Security office throughout the year dictates the SSDI amount based on the individual's employment history and contributions.

I keep repeating those two phrases, EMPLOYMENT HISTORY and CONTRIBUTIONS because an individual who qualifies for this type of disability has in fact worked hard or harder than an individual who qualifies for SSI. They contributed to that pool of funds. Look at your W-2's and you'll see what has been contributed.

A lot of individuals on BOTH of these programs do in fact receive food stamps. Again, an individual who has worked and paid TAXES has in fact contributed to this as well.

My problem is with the people who are perfectly capable of being gainfully employed and refuse to do so to continue receiving handouts. These individuals need to quit abusing the system and using up these resources. The system is flawed tremendously. I believe if you need help and you're trying to better your situation you should be "rewarded" for that. You shouldn't be "rewarded" for sitting on your azz, popping out babies and mooching off the system, which a lot of folks are.
social media

United States

#3 Oct 20, 2012
With that being said, i will correct myself. I am referring to people that claim they have never worked but collects a check but yet they have a full time job and don't report it. My friends, kids dad for one. he receives a check, works a job has wife collects fs and section 8 not to mention they post pics of what they have all over Facebook, saying they work hard for what they have. Work hard at taking from the government. ( receiving all this is not considered working hard) He does have 2 of her kids due to her not being able to care for them right now. She is pissed. They have been frauding the system for years now. I told her to turn them in.
Sick and Tired

Frankfort, KY

#4 Oct 24, 2012
What really upsets me is the fact that you do have a job and trying to take care of yourself and your bills total is all your checks each month and you are lucky if you can buy food. You can't get any food stamps or even a medicaid card so you can go to the doctor, but all these people can sit on there butt when they are fully capable of working and just don't want too. I understand that there people who can't work, but the ones that can need to get a job and quit being lazy!

Nashville, TN

#5 Oct 24, 2012
i hear ya
yyyyy

Frankfort, KY

#6 Oct 24, 2012
Various
social media

United States

#7 Oct 25, 2012
What eats at me is when they have been on assistance for years and years, and try to make people believe that they work hard for what they have but we are the ones paying for what they have. Plus working and not reporting it.
blt

United States

#8 Oct 25, 2012
They check all that now, so the only way they are "working a full time job and not reporting it' is something that's paid cash, under the table. In which case it's not likely to be steady income anyway.
social media

United States

#9 Oct 25, 2012
That's not true!! I know someone that has been on stamps for at least 10 years and has worked numerous full time jobs and never reported it... as well as not reporting it to the Housing Authority!
SadButTrue

United States

#10 Oct 25, 2012
Okay wrote:
<quoted text>What is "disbility?" Perhaps you are referring to D-I-S-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y, which there are two programs for. One, entitled SSI is given to individuals with disabilities who have never worked or do not have a long employment record which would qualify them to receive SSDI (disability). SSDI (which is commonly referred to as disability), entitles an individual to a benefit amount based on their employment history and what THEY have contributed to the system while working. There is a difference between the two. SSI is a SET amount an individual can receive, SSDI is based on the individual's employment history and contributions. The statement received from the Social Security office throughout the year dictates the SSDI amount based on the individual's employment history and contributions.

I keep repeating those two phrases, EMPLOYMENT HISTORY and CONTRIBUTIONS because an individual who qualifies for this type of disability has in fact worked hard or harder than an individual who qualifies for SSI. They contributed to that pool of funds. Look at your W-2's and you'll see what has been contributed.

A lot of individuals on BOTH of these programs do in fact receive food stamps. Again, an individual who has worked and paid TAXES has in fact contributed to this as well.

My problem is with the people who are perfectly capable of being gainfully employed and refuse to do so to continue receiving handouts. These individuals need to quit abusing the system and using up these resources. The system is flawed tremendously. I believe if you need help and you're trying to better your situation you should be "rewarded" for that. You shouldn't be "rewarded" for sitting on your azz, popping out babies and mooching off the system, which a lot of folks are.
I never EVER thought in a millions years I could learn something from Topix. Thank you for that. When it come to everyone who are complaining about people who are taking advantage of government programs: REPORT IT. It cannot be that hard to google "welfare fraud" "social security fraud", etc, and report it. There are plenty of people who get caught defrauding these programs who then have to pay it back.
Sick and Tired

Frankfort, KY

#11 Oct 30, 2012
I need to know one thing. Why do they go by your gross pay when you don't bring that amount home? So they say you don't get anything because you make to much money. I make $8.00 an hour at a full time job and still can't make ends meet after bills and like i said, lucky if i have enough to buy food. But i can't get any help! That i don't understand!
huh

Frankfort, KY

#12 Oct 31, 2012
I have worked & paid taxes for 29 & 1/2 years. The last two years I worked, my knees were in horrible pain that kept getting worse even after treatments. I've taken so much steroids for pain relief (the only thing that would really help but not long) That it caused more damage. It got to the point that I would take 4 gallon bags of ICE everyday to work in a small cooler & ace bandages to wrap my knees with just so I could walk but my knees would still swell to the size of soccer balls. I switched a good job to one without insurance & then it got to where I couldn't even make it to the bathroom & couldn't stand without tremendous pain. I told my now ex-wife that I couldn't go on. I had to quit & find out what was wrong. We used money we couldn't afford to have MRI's on both knees. It turned out that I was in advanced stage of OSTEOARTHRITIS & all the cartilage in both knees were completely shattered into small pieces & I was walking BONE ON BONE in mt knees. It took forever to get any help. I lost it all. Family, home, car & any way to make money.It took forever to find a doctor that will replace knees in a person under 50. I finally found one but now have to wait months to get all the steroids out of me. I finally got a medical card to help & draw two hundred dollars foodstamps a month. I will never get back the taxes I paid in all those years & I am not ashamed to draw foodstamps. I earned it ! Not everybody abuses it & some truly needs the help!
huh

Frankfort, KY

#13 Oct 31, 2012
Also, during this time trying to get help fixing my knees (they're really no help, just replacement with artificial that will wear out) Osteo has gotten into BOTH ANKLES & is now destroying them. This is one bad disease folks & for the sake of your happiness, do whatever you can to prevent or delay. I've heard of rheumatoid arthritis & its crippling effects but this osteoarthritis will disable a person just as bad. I am now handicapped over it & living daily with pain unbelievable even with meds & bed rest. It hurts just as bad in bed as it does when standing. Here I was dreaming about getting artificial knees to get out of pain & now even though I will get them, my ankles will keep me ever walking or running normal again. I am praying to god that I will not have to be in a wheelchair at this point!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt bevins fold the cards 18 min WHang Hillary 372
When will the Western Hills Football team actua... 21 min WHang Hillary 31
matt bevin, end corruption! 21 min STOP CORRUPTION 26
Boycott Cuntiss Trophy 46 min I Give Up 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 54 min ChromiuMan 151,947
Wendell Marrs a.k.a. Jacob Jones on Facebook 1 hr Wendy 23
Michelle Sexton (Aug '15) 1 hr Uncle Eustice 13

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages