april

Wheeling, IL

#1 Feb 23, 2013
Are they really as bad as I've heard? Who has experience with them and what made it so "bad"
Barney

Frankfort, KY

#2 Feb 23, 2013
They all suck.
Sad

Frankfort, KY

#3 Feb 23, 2013
They should be banned. They promote poverty by ensuring people will never get a full-time job with benefits, retirement, and a pay schedule. They siphon money from the worker's checks. Employers are happy using them as it keeps them from having to pay benefits and the like.

“Hail Satan!”

Since: Dec 12

Hell

#4 Feb 23, 2013
I have had a bad experience with them. I went to them looking for a job with a bachelor's degree. I kept calling them every week for a couple months. They kept saying that none of the jobs fit my qualifications. My degree is in accounting. I have experience in that field and they could not (more like would not) help me. All temp agencies suck.
worker

Lockport, IL

#5 Feb 24, 2013
They are what you make of them. It won't prevent you from a full time job. If you do a good job you will probably get hired on at the place you are temping at. They should pay a little more though
Sad

Frankfort, KY

#6 Feb 24, 2013
worker wrote:
They are what you make of them. It won't prevent you from a full time job. If you do a good job you will probably get hired on at the place you are temping at. They should pay a little more though
Not always. I would say the majority of the time, folks never get interviewed and it has nothing to do with their work ethic in many cases. They often lie and tell people they will get an interview after X amount of days, when in fact, the employers never made that promise to the agency. For example, they fed people that crap for many state jobs and the reality was, the state wasn't even allowed to hire. They would have to create positions through Personnel and cut lots of other red tape to do it. I was personally told "90 days" for a factory position and stayed there nearly half a year. Before I left, I asked other temps and they said they were never offered interviews either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happen at montaplast? 32 min Prayersforyou 55
Subdivision off of Evergreen 1 hr HouseHunter 1
Kristina Morales Evil Drug Addict Alcoholic 1 hr Scott 9
Thieves on Mount Zion Road 2 hr Dump trump 42
[email protected] 2 hr Chrismith96 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Traveler 149,020
Mass murder again 3 hr Traveler 27

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages