moi

Louisville, KY

#23 Oct 22, 2012
I got Jeff Duff from Wildcat Roofing coming to look at my house today. Also I've heard Apex roofing is pretty good.
Hotpants

United States

#24 Oct 22, 2012
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies! Solheim sucks. They don't know what they're doing. I'm surprised their still in business actually and haven't been sued yet!
You must work for Solheim! ha! you suck!
you are right the owner sucks he lies and raises all his prices. Then pays his crew nothing. But now all he uses is mexicans.. Untrustworthey.. Someone should teach him a lesson.
Good Lord

Fort Irwin, CA

#25 Nov 6, 2012
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies! Solheim sucks. They don't know what they're doing. I'm surprised their still in business actually and haven't been sued yet!
You must work for Solheim! ha! you suck!
Hahaha you must be one of the dead beat fools they fired. Either that or you're some idiot that likes to search for mistakes, when you most likely don't know the first thing about the business. Solheim Roofing is a top notch roofing company that will give you the best quality in the shortest amount of time. They've been in business for quite a few years now and people are still callin' so they can't be too bad off.
Good Lord

Fort Irwin, CA

#26 Nov 6, 2012
Hotpants wrote:
<quoted text> you are right the owner sucks he lies and raises all his prices. Then pays his crew nothing. But now all he uses is mexicans.. Untrustworthey.. Someone should teach him a lesson.
And you, do you even know the owners first name or are you making a bunch of uneducated guesses about a man you don't even know. There are actually two crews working for him now and any of them being of Mexican is completely irrelevant. Each employee is paid for the time they put forth. And before you start calling people untrustworthy, you should probably step back and look at 3/4 of the population of Frankfort and reassess that statement. That man comes from a good family and is no doubt one of the hardest workin' men I know.
jake leg

Frankfort, KY

#28 Nov 7, 2012
John Wooldridge will halfway put a roof on
Death

United States

#29 Nov 7, 2012
abba55 wrote:
who is a good Roofers. i heard todd bleckley or some taylor/Curtis is half way good
Before you hire anybody, check them out. Ask for the address of homes they have roofed (pay close attention to the valleys, around chimmeys, edges) and go look at them, talk to the owner if possible. Ask to see their licenses and insurance coverage.

Where ever you buy your shingles, go read the stats on them. One shingle without the proper amount of nails and it voids your warrenty, even if it's a 100 degree and the problem is they want stick down. Know how many nails is suppose to be in each shingle, use flashing in the valley's even if they overlap the shingles, step-flashing for the chimmey.
Roger Solheim was in business back in the '90's. He is short and to the point. He does a good job. He also puts on the roof what is needed, not what will make him the most money. Check your prices on plywood (3 ply & 4 ply). Waferboard is just as good but most the time cheaper. I would use 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 roofing nails for a better grip. Just some friendly hints. Good luck.
Outloud

United States

#30 Nov 7, 2012
Roger is a drunk and a drug head.. I have known of him for years. He might be from a good family but it stops with him. The people that he he fired were good guys and hard workin. They were the reason he made so much money. One more case of workin mexicans and running our people off. It is sad.
Death

United States

#31 Nov 7, 2012
Outloud wrote:
Roger is a drunk and a drug head.. I have known of him for years. He might be from a good family but it stops with him. The people that he he fired were good guys and hard workin. They were the reason he made so much money. One more case of workin mexicans and running our people off. It is sad.
Sorry about Roger. He had it together when I worked at Lowes.
Without a Doubt

Auburn, AL

#32 Nov 8, 2012
Solheim Roofing is easily the best roofing company in Frankfort, and they are licensed and insured (unlike most of the roofers in the area).
Without a Doubt

Auburn, AL

#33 Nov 8, 2012
Outloud wrote:
haha this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
Really

Duluth, GA

#34 Nov 9, 2012
Without a Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
haha this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
You can find him at Parlays every afternoon and he's not there for the scenery..
Outloud

United States

#35 Nov 9, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You can find him at Parlays every afternoon and he's not there for the scenery..

You right about that... He is scum..
Death

United States

#36 Nov 9, 2012
moi wrote:
I got Jeff Duff from Wildcat Roofing coming to look at my house today. Also I've heard Apex roofing is pretty good.
Take the measurements of your roof and have one of the contractors at Lowes or 84 Lumber give you an estimate. Sometimes you can get a better sale price then the contractor can. Try and get all you shingles out of the same run (different run can be a shade lighter or darker). Price 7/16 waferboard (woodchips, glass, etc pressed together with an exterior glue and is just as strong as plywood). Price 3-ply (1/2" with 3 layers glued together) and 4-ply (1/2" with 4 layers glued together). If your tearing off, you'll also need dripedge, felt and flashing. I think it's 1 1/2- 2 pound of nails per square (100 sq. feet). Standard 3 tab shingles are 3 bundles to do a 10 x 10 area. Some shingles have 4 bundles to do a 10 x 10. Do your homework. I worked for a guy that add an extra square per house on the color he wanted. Didn't take long to roof his house free. He also did the same thing with felt and dripedge. You can get rolls of felt that covers 200 sq. ft. or 400 sq. ft. have you checked with Lowes. I don't know if they shingle or not but I would call them. Run everybody through the BBB. In Franklin County you can go 3 layers then you have to tear off. Check and make sure they have insurance, bonded, and have a permit if needed.
I can't shingle anymore but i hope this helps.
moi

Batavia, IL

#37 Nov 9, 2012
Death wrote:
<quoted text>
Take the measurements of your roof and have one of the contractors at Lowes or 84 Lumber give you an estimate. Sometimes you can get a better sale price then the contractor can. Try and get all you shingles out of the same run (different run can be a shade lighter or darker). Price 7/16 waferboard (woodchips, glass, etc pressed together with an exterior glue and is just as strong as plywood). Price 3-ply (1/2" with 3 layers glued together) and 4-ply (1/2" with 4 layers glued together). If your tearing off, you'll also need dripedge, felt and flashing. I think it's 1 1/2- 2 pound of nails per square (100 sq. feet). Standard 3 tab shingles are 3 bundles to do a 10 x 10 area. Some shingles have 4 bundles to do a 10 x 10. Do your homework. I worked for a guy that add an extra square per house on the color he wanted. Didn't take long to roof his house free. He also did the same thing with felt and dripedge. You can get rolls of felt that covers 200 sq. ft. or 400 sq. ft. have you checked with Lowes. I don't know if they shingle or not but I would call them. Run everybody through the BBB. In Franklin County you can go 3 layers then you have to tear off. Check and make sure they have insurance, bonded, and have a permit if needed.
I can't shingle anymore but i hope this helps.
Thanks for the info but I got it done Tuesday. Im not paying out of pocket for the whole thing, just my deductible.
Good Lord

Fort Irwin, CA

#38 Nov 9, 2012
Outloud wrote:
You can say whatever you want about Roger Solheim whether its true or not, but I guarantee if you have enough about you to accuse others of being under the influence of anything then you've prolly taken part in some of it yourself. And in all actuality, the guys he fired clearly weren't that much of an asset to his business or he wouldn't be doing so well now. And no it doesn't stop with him coming from a good family... It comes from years of dedication to make something of himself and creating a good life for his wife and children. You're ignorant to put down a person for doing what is needed to achieve his/her goals.
Good Lord

Fort Irwin, CA

#39 Nov 9, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Every afternoon, aye? Well the way it seems you've obviously spent a little too much time there yourself. And trust me, we all know that he's not there for the trash fest that you refer to as "scenery". He eats at the little cafe next door and plays video golf with his elks lodge buddies. God forbid! Hahaha and if you're seein' him every day and that's what he's there for, then what's your excuse???
I love Frankfort trash

Fort Irwin, CA

#40 Nov 9, 2012
Outloud wrote:
<quoted text>
You right about that... He is scum..
He's scum and you still don't know how to use the proper form of "you're". Hahaha you're IQ is more of an insult.
Outloud

United States

#41 Nov 11, 2012
I love Frankfort trash wrote:
<quoted text>
He's scum and you still don't know how to use the proper form of "you're". Hahaha you're IQ is more of an insult.

Go fu#k your self.. Ha ha ha ....?
I love Frankfort trash

Fort Irwin, CA

#42 Nov 12, 2012
Outloud wrote:
<quoted text>
Go fu#k your self.. Ha ha ha ....?
Oooo touchy touchy. Sweetheart, next time you try to insult someone, read up on your 6th grade English a little so you don't open the door for people to make fun of you. There's nothing intimidating about a moron.
Outloud

United States

#43 Nov 12, 2012
I love Frankfort trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooo touchy touchy. Sweetheart, next time you try to insult someone, read up on your 6th grade English a little so you don't open the door for people to make fun of you. There's nothing intimidating about a moron.
I am not your sweetheart.. I am a dude. Unless you like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shay from Wal-Mart 1 hr Bunko 10
prostitute busted at cherokee gardens 100 bldg 1 hr jack rabbit 3
Fight at FCHS 1 hr ithink 3
New in Frankfort need a new girl to hang with 2 hr johnny paycheck 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr spaceship 136,050
Shaka bridges 3 hr Hmmmmm 6
Christian Oppression on the rise 4 hr Smart guy 44
Roids & Pappy 7 hr ptuent 4
Julie's Boot Camp - Does it work? (Sep '11) 10 hr Gods not dead 21
Where did the Julie's Juice Camp post go? Wed Big Tony 7
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]