status of early learning village

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

mom

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 29, 2012
does anyone know what the decision is on this? any school employees, maybe? my daughter starts kindergarten in august and if she is going to peaks mill for it then I want to move now before august to the hearn lines. but if she will go to elv then I know we can wait to move. any accurate info appreciated thanks
wish

Ashburn, VA

#2 Dec 29, 2012
wish I knew, I'm facing the same dilemma.
mom

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 30, 2012
well they should let us know either way. no one wants to talk about it. its all hush hush for some reason. whats the big deal? just put it in the paper already so we know
ELV Mom

Duluth, GA

#4 Dec 30, 2012
They have not made a decision. An email was sent out to parents about possible options for next year. From what I have heard, 1st grade will more than likely go back to the home schools. Not sure what they will do about K. Those teachers would then go to one of the three elementary schools. And I agree, a decision should be made soon.
mom

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 30, 2012
what were the other options mentioned in the email? from what I heard just moving first grade was shot down because it would not save any money. and i agree it is weird to have a school with only kindergardners. i hope they keep it but wish they would just decide and let the public know. no one has said when they will decide?
ELV Mom

Duluth, GA

#6 Dec 30, 2012
One was to put everyone back in home schools, another was to leave K and PreK there, one was to put all K and 1 back in home schools and just leave PreK at ELV. There is a committee that was formed of parents and teachers. These were the suggestions coming from a meeting that was had to discuss possibilities. I have loved the Village for both of my children. Hate to see this happen.
mom

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 30, 2012
so then its not actually closing? was that not one of the options listed in the email, to completely close it? thats good if so. if K stays there at least i have another year and a half before moving.
ELV Mom

Duluth, GA

#8 Dec 30, 2012
I think something will be there. Not sure what that will be. Honestly, I would not be surprised if they put K and 1 back in home schools, but that would require redistricting is what we were told.
mom

Chicago, IL

#9 Dec 30, 2012
well that's a lot to do in 7 months, they better make a decision fast if they plan to do anything other than keep it the way it is now. and I hope they don't keep the public in the dark much longer
mom

United States

#10 Dec 30, 2012
I heard they want to make it preschool only for the entire county as west side schools also have capacity problems. Hope not. Don't want to have one kid at a school on the west side and another at ELV across town.
mom

Carol Stream, IL

#11 Dec 30, 2012
that makes the least sense of all in my opinion. i agree i wouldnt want my kids on two different sides of town. if its just for preschool do they need all the same employees like a principal and all that? i thought this was all about the money. if its not going to save money by changing it than leave it alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Oppression on the rise 15 min RealTruth 45
Who knows Leah that works at cattlemans? (Jul '10) 1 hr No Sir 21
I will always wait for you!!! 1 hr No Father Time Here 9
New in Frankfort need a new girl to hang with 2 hr johnny paycheck 7
Roids & Pappy 2 hr Im Her 6
prostitute busted at cherokee gardens 100 bldg 2 hr Black 11 4
Shay from Wal-Mart 5 hr Bunko 10
Julie's Boot Camp - Does it work? (Sep '11) 14 hr Gods not dead 21
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search