wondering

Eddyville, KY

#1 Mar 14, 2012
does anyone know the guy who is standing at the walmart/127 intersection w a sign that says ex-war vet from Iraq? needing a job and or money. just wondering what his story is.....
dontknowbut

United States

#2 Mar 15, 2012
Is he still there? I have not seen him, but a man I work with can help.
MizzyMayPerfecto

United States

#4 Mar 15, 2012
I never give them money. I grab some cheap groceries.....water, soups, bread, chips, etc.....and take it to them. You never know in these days and times if that could be you or your family.
facebooker

Mount Dora, FL

#5 Mar 15, 2012
Coming home Saturday there was a guy that had a sleeping bag and other things under the bridge 127 over 64. West bound at the lburg exit. I dont know if it was him though
MizzyMayPerfecto

Lawrenceburg, KY

#6 Mar 15, 2012
Does anyone ever stop to help?
SPM

Frankfort, KY

#7 Mar 15, 2012
MizzyMayPerfecto, it is good that you care but here is the way I see it about people that does this. Most are drug users. I knew PERSONALLY of one guy that done this. His name is SETH WITHERBY! He is currently in Franklin County Regional Jail for theft!
Others that do this are using people Because I actually stop & offer a job & was immediately told that he couldn't work do to a bad back & was really only wanting money.

If a person really wanted food or job then all they have to do is go to any of several agencies here & get a square plus day job offers that will put cash in their pockets that day!
The people doing this are crooks. Dont give!
MizzyMayPerfecto

Lawrenceburg, KY

#8 Mar 15, 2012
Is that YOU, SPM?
A Mommy

United States

#9 Mar 15, 2012
The guy has 2 other people who work with him to scam citizens out of whatever. I took him lunch from Hardees one day and he had the nerve to complain that the fries weren't big enough and he needed more ketchup. Beggars can't be choosers- JERK!! The next day there was a different guy standing out there with the same sign - and I saw the other guy crossing the road from the Lowe's parking lot. They had switched places by the time I left Wal-Mart. I seriously doubt he's ever served in the Armed Forces; he just thinks that makes him more sympathetic.
Der

Frankfort, KY

#10 Mar 15, 2012
We got panhandlers?
Ain't we fancy!
We're a-gettin so "Big City"
stupid

United States

#11 Mar 16, 2012
I have helped these guys. I usually go to Kroger and get those lunches for them that they have in the deli. You know, the ones with chips,sandwich,cookie,and a can soda. It's not much but I feel compelled to help n e 1 if it is in my means to. I don't know their story and I don't care, at the end of the day I feel better knowing I tried to help someone, whether they lied to get my help or not. I would like to think that there are still decent people left in this world so I can't expect it if I don't give it. Everyone has their own views and I respect them, but this is mine.
MizzyMayPerfecto

United States

#12 Mar 16, 2012
Awesome! I'm glad someone else does it, too!
stupid wrote:
I have helped these guys. I usually go to Kroger and get those lunches for them that they have in the deli. You know, the ones with chips,sandwich,cookie,and a can soda. It's not much but I feel compelled to help n e 1 if it is in my means to. I don't know their story and I don't care, at the end of the day I feel better knowing I tried to help someone, whether they lied to get my help or not. I would like to think that there are still decent people left in this world so I can't expect it if I don't give it. Everyone has their own views and I respect them, but this is mine.
wow

Frankfort, KY

#13 Mar 16, 2012
i go by and say get a job,there are places around here were you can get food,and help you get a job and a place to live...i give them nothing and dont feel sorry for none of them....go work like everyone else....damn bumbs.
cold hearted people

Frankfort, KY

#14 Mar 16, 2012
Boy there are some cold hearted people on here. I gave him some money. He had his vet certificate on the sign and according to the news, there are several people that came back from serving in Iraq that are having a hard time finding jobs. These people risk their lives for our freedom and this is the thanks they get from you all. He looked ashamed to be standing there and who knows if he has a wife and kids that are involved. We don't know what his situation is, and people should help one another instead of being so greedy and unappreciative to someone that has risked their lives for us.
i would

United States

#15 Mar 16, 2012
Yes that was a heartless comment. I myself as many of us are struggling and sometimes could almost see it coming to that so anytime I can help I will but I wish I could more often
Der

Frankfort, KY

#16 Mar 16, 2012
cold hearted people wrote:
Boy there are some cold hearted people on here. I gave him some money. He had his vet certificate on the sign and according to the news, there are several people that came back from serving in Iraq that are having a hard time finding jobs. These people risk their lives for our freedom and this is the thanks they get from you all. He looked ashamed to be standing there and who knows if he has a wife and kids that are involved. We don't know what his situation is, and people should help one another instead of being so greedy and unappreciative to someone that has risked their lives for us.
Did you read #7 and #9 at all? A "vet certificate" can be made on a computer. There are programs you can go to for assistance...ESPECIALLY if you are a veteran. If you aren't ashamed to panhandle, you shouldn't be ashamed to apply for assistance.
Also, Iraq isn't about "our freedom". No recent conflict has been about "our freedom". Those are politician's words used to drum up public report from sheeple. It's called: propaganda
Der

Frankfort, KY

#17 Mar 16, 2012
Public *support*
der und wow

Lexington, KY

#18 Mar 16, 2012
agree with der and wow. this guy has you fooled

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chester Bennington 1 hr dave 1
David Peffer 1 hr dave 15
text a tip line (Apr '14) 4 hr Hello 18
Who robbed juan 4 hr Hello 12
Bill may 4 hr Honest resident 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr CCR 165,497
Bishop Green (Aug '14) 4 hr Earned My Doctorate 12

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance