Confused

Duluth, GA

#1 Dec 7, 2012
What kind of punishment do you give a 15 yr old that after we leave for work goes back to bed and misses the bus a couple times a week?? And one of us have to go pick them up and take to school. Now one of the parents doesn't think it's a punishable thing!!! So what do you do?
iif

Frankfort, KY

#2 Dec 7, 2012
Have him sit with principle and let him discuss issues if he misses to many days of schools and what could happen to you (the parents) if he does. or where he could end up.
Saying

Duluth, GA

#3 Dec 7, 2012
Make him leave with you to begin with. Drop him off at school early and make him sit outside and wait for them to open the doors. I would do it for at least 2 straight weeks. And then give him a chance to prove he can do what he's supposed to do. Hell, you're having tontale him anyway... save yourself the extra trip. I'm sure waiting in the cold for a couple of weeks will wake him up. You could also make him go to bed at 8 like a child since he's so tired he is going back to bed. 15 is plenty old for the small responsibility of staying awake to catch the free ride to school.
simple

United States

#4 Dec 7, 2012
Very simple. The elementary schools are looking for morning mentors. Make the kid sign up for that, then take with you and drop off there. They have a bus take them over to the high school and middle school at around 8/8:15 pm. Great way to get volunteer hours and some work ethic.

I hated it when they changed the time to later to accommodate teen sleeping habits. Those kids still don't show up to school on time or are sleepy the first couple of hours. Once they get a job they have to get up early anyway. Teach them early not when it's time to hold down a job.
Mom too

Frankfort, KY

#5 Dec 7, 2012
Saying wrote:
Make him leave with you to begin with. Drop him off at school early and make him sit outside and wait for them to open the doors. I would do it for at least 2 straight weeks. And then give him a chance to prove he can do what he's supposed to do. Hell, you're having tontale him anyway... save yourself the extra trip. I'm sure waiting in the cold for a couple of weeks will wake him up. You could also make him go to bed at 8 like a child since he's so tired he is going back to bed. 15 is plenty old for the small responsibility of staying awake to catch the free ride to school.
Very good idea! Kids don't learn unless it affects them
ponder

United States

#6 Dec 7, 2012
You might get in trouble dumping him there. Than again he is 15...
Saying

Duluth, GA

#7 Dec 7, 2012
ponder wrote:
You might get in trouble dumping him there. Than again he is 15...
No offense to you, but that's exactly what's wrong with kids today. Any punishment, even if not "violent" is dictated by what others may think or say. I am all about "creative" punishments. I VERY RARELY have to even threaten a spanking to any of my children, and I have a house full :).

Here's another thought. Send him to bed early and then wake him up early. Send him jogging every morning. The cold air and activity will wake him up. Then he can hop in the shower and have just enough time to catch the bus. No time for sleeping!
wondering

United States

#8 Dec 7, 2012
what is the punishment to the parent for you teen missing too much school? I just recently received a letter from the school saying that mine has six unexcused absences (really was sick, but didn't have doctor notes) and we are being refered as truent. What happens then? Thanks
nothing really

Lawrenceburg, KY

#9 Dec 7, 2012
From hear on out he needs a dr. Note. You might have to go to an hour of class at the school. Then after that you go to court. Max punishment is 10 days in jail. Call your school councelor Monday
nothing really

Lawrenceburg, KY

#10 Dec 7, 2012
I meant here..not HEAR
good point

United States

#11 Dec 7, 2012
iif wrote:
Have him sit with principle and let him discuss issues if he misses to many days of schools and what could happen to you (the parents) if he does. or where he could end up.
I agree. Simple and maybe effective.
thats life

Frankfort, KY

#12 Dec 8, 2012
don't let him get his drivers permit when he turns 16. If he can't get to school on time then he can't be a relible driver,so make him wait that will fry his little Butt. You can do time for him being late or not going to school and it gives you not him a bad rep.(unlawful tranaction with minor,is what is in the paper which lets others think all kinds of nasty stuff about you)GOOD LUCK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frankfort is looking for a city motto and a slo... 1 min Family Member 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min RoseAnne 135,203
Popeyes Chicken 1 hr HAHA 8
Frankfort ---Re Brand 30k 1 hr voter 2
State pay raises. 1 hr Now say huh 2
Drug Deals 1 hr Earl 1
Poll Do you support a smoking ban? 2 hr Tony 59
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]