Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Dec 14, 2012
Yikes

Frankfort, KY

#1 Dec 11, 2012
I hear ppl at work talking about this petetion for auditing FYFL Commisioner and board members for taking Hundreds of Thousands of $$ from our community and donations from wealthy ppl from Frankfort and surrounding counties but not putting that $ towards things the league needs like new equipment a playing field with lights or scholarships for underprivlaged children. Says they cannott produce any evidence besides handwritten papers claiming about 18% of what they actually take in. This is very pathetic. Why would the parents of this town let this go un announced. That teaches our youth to turn a blind eye to a pretty serious crime Ring this is talking BIG BUCKS they are pocketing cash more frequently in higher amounts than any major drug dealer this town has known. and for one reason they seem to have serious intimidation skills against the parents they have some of the biggest hard core criminals on their side as well as city cops. wish Pat Melton would do some investigation on them. Show them we can get a real league around this place bc we do have parents who actually arent criminals and do care about our communities future n the politics on how its ran. Thats why my family take their kids to Shelbyville league its ran by Parks & Rec. so u dont have to be a thug or hardass or bandwagoneer to just ket your child learn fundamentals of the sport!
Long Ago

Frankfort, KY

#2 Dec 11, 2012
Sad. I was very involved with this league many years ago. It was a good thing then, and still is and can be. The Jaycees ran it for years, until the costs became to high and parents got too rowdy. Football is very expensive. There are very steep costs these days, with insurance, new concussion research has caused it to skyrocket. Equipment has gotten so expensive that it is tough to operate a league. Costs were high then. Volunteers have become few and far in between over the years. There is still room for improvement, its never too late. The challenges havent changed, just the times have gotten tougher. I left the league about the time Harrod field opened. It is a lease agreement with the city. Many promises were made in reference to improvements to be made, but that is what they were verbal promises that never happened. There was supposed to be two fields, a small field for flag, which I believe is now peewee full contact. A larger field for contact football. That did not happen. The city promised lights, but that fell through with some technicality, due to the power lines that run along the side of the field. Everything started to go downhill from there. The kids kinda started to fall in behind the politics, and here it is 2012. The league needs independent officers. I know some who are still there, it just needs neutral independent people at the top. I believed it then, and still believe it. It took about 40,000 just break even then 15 years ago, I can only imagine that today, it would be at least 60+. It can be saved and ran better, just needs indepent people, putting the kids first. It needs volunteers who can really give many, many hours. That is hard to find today. Good Luck.
hope they do

Duluth, GA

#3 Dec 12, 2012
Yikes wrote:
I hear ppl at work talking about this petetion for auditing FYFL Commisioner and board members for taking Hundreds of Thousands of $$ from our community and donations from wealthy ppl from Frankfort and surrounding counties but not putting that $ towards things the league needs like new equipment a playing field with lights or scholarships for underprivlaged children. Says they cannott produce any evidence besides handwritten papers claiming about 18% of what they actually take in. This is very pathetic. Why would the parents of this town let this go un announced. That teaches our youth to turn a blind eye to a pretty serious crime Ring this is talking BIG BUCKS they are pocketing cash more frequently in higher amounts than any major drug dealer this town has known. and for one reason they seem to have serious intimidation skills against the parents they have some of the biggest hard core criminals on their side as well as city cops. wish Pat Melton would do some investigation on them. Show them we can get a real league around this place bc we do have parents who actually arent criminals and do care about our communities future n the politics on how its ran. Thats why my family take their kids to Shelbyville league its ran by Parks & Rec. so u dont have to be a thug or hardass or bandwagoneer to just ket your child learn fundamentals of the sport!
I hope they do audit them, it really meeds to happen.
wish they would

Duluth, GA

#4 Dec 12, 2012
Yikes wrote:
I wish they would audit them. The commissioner is a thief and so are the people around him. He really tries to act like he is doing something for the kids but really he is trying to look like a decent person and fool everyone. Don't let him fool you. He will tell you anything you want to hear. His family tries to live like they have money and live out of their means. I know them too well, they will take from anyone if given the chance. Why do you think some of his family works the concession, because part of that money goes straight to their pockets. Sad really...
Yikes

Frankfort, KY

#5 Dec 12, 2012
well today at work once again the hot & heavy topic is a couple parents came forward stating Eddie Davis n his girl have a serious game plan with the $ taken at the gate. they are taking a large percent of it after counting the cars and having ppl park in the other lots to make it look like less ppl. what they didnt bank on is there being ppl keeping tabs at consession stand and at the parking lot. parents seem to know their stuff. Im sorry that people in our home town deal with such a group of low lifes involving their entire family in on theiving money from an organization made specificlly for youth you all need to atleast ask for some record keeping books and some proof of new equipment and where all the money goes for the better of your children. And to put a end to all these crooked people running things. Heard Chris Mitchell paid a vehicle off with cash too. Also that Daha Taylor stole thousands from jets team and the board of FYFL refused to press charges or report him. parents who donated any money to fundraisers or bakesells or to jets team CAN PRESS charges but wont?parents shouldnt be afraid of them they should stand up to them put them in there place and take your kids to shelbyville or another town to play football.
Football Mom

Lawrenceburg, KY

#6 Dec 12, 2012
I have been saying this for years. Ever notice how Eddie always works the gate? And the Commish and family always in the concession stand. Why have they NEVER been investigated?? Maybe someone should call the News team?
problem solved

Duluth, GA

#7 Dec 12, 2012
To fix the problem at the gate, have someone with a counter and someone collecting the money. Has to be people who do not know each other. The counter (with one of those click things you push a button anytime someone comes in) and the person taking up money should equal out to be the same. Keep a gate log and have both people sign off on the amount collected. For the concession, you need to take an inventory of all the items in the concession (including condiments) and at the end of the shifts, count the money and have 2 or 3 people sign off on how much was made during that shift. At the end of the day, take another inventory. Anything that gets wasted/ruined during the day write it down. Say a hotdog dropped and you had to throw it away, mark that down as one hot dog. At the end, it should all equal out. Have a few people count the money and sign off on the total made. Keep a running log of all of this. This will give you your records for the year and actually show when there is a problem and everyone will know how much the league brings in. Send out a treasurers report of all incoming and outgoing monies once a month through email for anyone who wants it. Keep all receipts for anything being paid out. Create a budget at the beginning of each season and a list of future thing to work towards to make the league better and work towards one goal at a time. If it is done right, then it can be turned into a league to be proud of.
bummer

Frankfort, KY

#8 Dec 13, 2012
now its all clear to me, yikes and football mom must have got caught trying to sneak in the game without paying. when i went to the games i always notice eddie and a big white guy name steve at the gate.you idots surley love to put the blame on someone. i got an idea lets let you too do the gate and see how much money the league makes. i have seen that boy work his but off for yours and my kids and all you can say is he stealing! what a crop of sh*t! chris, eddie and to the rest of the board dont worry about these cowards behind the computers. they are a waste of air and have no meaning in life. they are the same people who rather sit back and complain rather than help they are scabbs! me and my kids will be back, and i will help anyway i can. you people should be ASHAME OF YOURSELVES!
OOH NO

Frankfort, KY

#9 Dec 13, 2012
WE BETTER WATCH OUT. THESE PEOPLE WILL BE ATTENDING MIDDEL AND HIGH SCHOOL. AND SO WILL THE DRAMA. HOPE THESE PEOPLE TAKE THER KIDS TO ANOTHER COUNTY WE DONT NEED THERE DRAMA AT OUR SCHOOL!
iknow

Zionsville, IN

#10 Dec 13, 2012
Eddie always works the gate and is always sure to "relieve you" of carrying so much money.

If parents are so concerned about it, then you can vote in new administration each year.

Someone needs to take over who has some experience with money handling and dual controls. If two people verify everything, and the books are open records that are easily accessible by any person who has a child involved in the league, then others can see where their money is going. It's all about separation of duties. But you need to have at least two people in there that are financially stable.

Follow the money and you will find your crook.
Football Mom

Lawrenceburg, KY

#11 Dec 13, 2012
Bullspit! We left this joke of a league years ago, when it was obvious it was nothing more than an major organized crime ring all in the name of children's football! Hope someone with a pair has the nerve to have them investigated. It is certainly long overdue!
ANON

Frankfort, KY

#12 Dec 13, 2012
Daja Taylor & his girlfriend are be prosecuted for what they did to the Jets, by parents & the league.
eddie

Frankfort, KY

#13 Dec 13, 2012
unlike some of you, i will put my name on here! let me start off by saying i am not a thief!!! i have no reason to steal from the league or anyone else for that matter. i have a great job that i have been at for 17 yrs.i am not a druggie or a party animal. i work, fish and and set at home.so unless i have some high dollar fishing equipment which i dont! please keep my name out your mouth.as far as me at the gate every so often i turn in big bills $20 or $50 because there is no reason for me to have that with me. i have paid out of my pocket for several kids on several teams who mom didnt have enough, i have also took kids from several teams bowling out of my pocket,NOT YOUR POCKETS but my own.every team fundraiser i try to put money in to there fun raiser so when people tell me some of you are bashing me on topix it bothers me that you have nothing better to do but lie on people. be a man or woman and come to me lets talk about it.because last i check that not in my job discription. i do it for the kids.oh yea i am on break writting this got to get back to work! have a bless day! ps dont talk about it be about it! here is my name, NOW WERE IS YOURS! I AM ED DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!!!!
bummer

Frankfort, KY

#14 Dec 13, 2012
football mom if you left years ago why are you still causing drama for the fyfl, oh i know anderson co didnt want you either. sure they have a spot for you in hazard under a rock
Football Mom

Lawrenceburg, KY

#15 Dec 13, 2012
Screw U bummer. I still have a right to comment on whatever thread I choose. I have followed the FYFL since the coach stole all the kids banquet money...cause this type of stuff has been going on for years. Just wait, there's more to come.

PS. I don't live in Anderson County!
same thing over and over

United States

#16 Dec 13, 2012
In case you people didn't realize it, the board members are working the gate and concession stands because the parents won't help do it!! Do you really think that the board members have nothing better to do with their time than stay at the field from start to finish to work for your kids to have a good day playing ball? They do it and do it for free! You can accuse and say what you want to, but I don't see many parents offering to help them out! If they don't run the concessions, who will? Then, you people will be griping because the concession stand is closed! Take a step back and think about all that they do for this league! If you think you can make it better, then step up and make it happen! The ones that complain the most are the ones that never offer to help out in any way! Sad situation that these people give so many hours of their time FOR FREE to only be bashed and called thieves! Chris, Eddie and all the rest of you guys who work full time jobs, yet always manage to work your butts off for this league, some of us DO appreciate you and your hard work that you do for our kids! Don't let a couple of loud mouth cowards who can only dog you out behind their big, bad computers get you down! The people that know you and know how hard you work for this league will stand behind you! Thank you so much for what you do!
cmon

Frankfort, KY

#17 Dec 13, 2012
Here they go with those wonderful intimadation skills..seems to be the only skills they poses. Eddie,you do have a record & you do have court costs attorney fees etc. did you forget you made the paper like your counterparts Roni,Daja? Hello some ppl are smart enough to access public records. & Chris has helped out these criminals to his benefit. Go ahead try to get ppl to back off & hide or turn a blind eye but you will learn along with the new year along with ppl gettin sick of the major crime ring their hard working money goes to. And their childrens benefit money is ripped from them! you all dont ask enough parents to run consession or have a sign up sheet or they would.(keep it in the family)Still doesnt mean they know where money goes. This is a public blog. btw. You can stop bullying. save that for fyfl season.
pardon me

Frankfort, KY

#18 Dec 14, 2012
thats funny i have known that boy for 10 yrs or more and i have never seen his name in the paper and i work for the court system. please show me the paper.I too have access to court records, and that boy record is far better than most of you folks! I feel so sad for some of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wats up wit Ashley burton??? (Nov '09) 9 min Sam 19
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 34 min Khatru 130,549
electric bill 41 min old guy 2
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 46 min GoodRiddanceMicha... 1,538
in the know 59 min Stacy 1
KSU group at Frisch's 1 hr yeah 57
Ricky bobby 1 hr looking 1
A Brothel Disguised as a Steakhouse called Zaxb... 8 hr jessica marie 26
•••
Frankfort Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Frankfort Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000