Random smell of paint thinner?

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

Since: Oct 10

wherever my Beagle is!

#1 Nov 26, 2010
Any ideas? It is just whiffs now and then but strong. I live in an apartment building... and NO one is painting.

Since: Aug 09

Frankfort

#2 Nov 26, 2010
Maybe you should see a doctor.
SHT

Frankfort, KY

#3 Nov 26, 2010
I googled paint thinner and paint thinner smells. It seems as though paint thinner can be used to make meth. It also seems that when the insulation on electrical wires melts that it can smell like paint thinner. Either case is not safe.
Uh oh

United States

#4 Nov 27, 2010
Huge red flag! Sounds like you live near a meth lab.. You may want to report that!

Since: Aug 09

Frankfort

#5 Nov 27, 2010
Omg, yes you should definitely report it if that is a red flag for meth labs! Those things can blow up!!
Missy

Harrodsburg, KY

#6 Nov 27, 2010
definitely meth manufacturing going on
Shelly

United States

#7 Nov 28, 2010
Ask your Landlord to look into it.
True

Frankfort, KY

#8 Nov 29, 2010
Or just call the police and the dogs will find it pronto.

Since: Oct 10

wherever my Beagle is!

#9 Nov 30, 2010
Oh man, that's crazy. Thank you all for info. The neighbors are about half nuts anyway. Up all night, never seem to sleep. They don't work but I do, and with no sleep most of the time. I will tell my landlord and see what he says...and no aria, I don't need to see a dr but thanks for advice... NOT
True

Frankfort, KY

#10 Nov 30, 2010
Insomnia is the #1 side effect of stimulant abuse. Meth has been known to keep people up for over a week!

Since: Aug 09

Frankfort

#12 Dec 1, 2010
BirdPhotog wrote:
Oh man, that's crazy. Thank you all for info. The neighbors are about half nuts anyway. Up all night, never seem to sleep. They don't work but I do, and with no sleep most of the time. I will tell my landlord and see what he says...and no aria, I don't need to see a dr but thanks for advice... NOT
Um, why be such a smartass? I was only thinking of people who report smelling strange things right before a stroke or something. I don't understand your being so damn rude.
Miss Bea

Frankfort, KY

#13 Dec 1, 2010
ariadiscordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, why be such a smartass? I was only thinking of people who report smelling strange things right before a stroke or something. I don't understand your being so damn rude.
Um, who are you calling a smartass and being rude? Sometimes reporting strange smells have saved peoples lives (a friend mixed bleach and ammonia), she was found passed out on the kitchen floor she was moping. The EMT's would rather check you and it be nothing then for you to wait to late. Also, the EMT's will not charge for a run unless they transport you (you sign a waiver). Better safe then sorry.

Since: Aug 09

Frankfort

#14 Dec 1, 2010
Miss Bea wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, who are you calling a smartass and being rude? Sometimes reporting strange smells have saved peoples lives (a friend mixed bleach and ammonia), she was found passed out on the kitchen floor she was moping. The EMT's would rather check you and it be nothing then for you to wait to late. Also, the EMT's will not charge for a run unless they transport you (you sign a waiver). Better safe then sorry.
Did you read what was written at all? How about you do that, ok?

Since: Oct 10

wherever my Beagle is!

#15 Dec 3, 2010
ariadiscordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, why be such a smartass? I was only thinking of people who report smelling strange things right before a stroke or something. I don't understand your being so damn rude.
I was merely responding in kind (I thought) to YOUR post. As written, with no explanation, it seemed rude to ME. I apologize for seemingly being rude to you. I had no idea what you meant by that comment. It is not in my nature to be mean or rude. Had you simply expounded upon your statement more...
unome

United States

#16 Dec 3, 2010
ive always heard meth cookin smelled like cat p
Buddy

Frankfort, KY

#17 Dec 6, 2010
Was it reported?
Nic

San Francisco, CA

#18 Apr 23, 2013
Thats funny ariadiscordia
, the first thing I though when I came here is that someone else may know what the smell is. I have been to the doc, but blood sugar is normal - Yea the poster sounds like a meth lab is near by.. But I was trolling around for something other than high blood sugar to make that smell come from me. No I haven't used meth in large piles since the 80's. I am a miracle! My sugar is only 103...a little high but no ketones in blood - normal levels. Got to be something.
Jennifer

Denver, CO

#19 Jul 23, 2013
Tea Tree oil can smell like paint thinner or turpentine after it has sat awhile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Madisonville Mayor Will Cox Files for St... (Jan '14) 5 min Local Voter 21
If Christians read the bible there would be a w... 7 min Phil Greer 3
I have a couple of simple questions for Christi... 42 min Phil Greer 85
Where did my god hating atheism come from? 2 hr Phil Greer 10
Calling All Straight Guys 3 hr john 6
Pat Melton has the votes 3 hr vote 9
Who is stealing campaign signs? 3 hr Loosers 1

Freeze Warning for Franklin County was issued at October 31 at 11:50PM EDT

Frankfort Dating
Find my Match

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Frankfort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Frankfort

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]