frankfort hospital
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tiredmomof5

Frankfort, KY

#1 Jun 29, 2011
Does anyone else think it sucks. I was seem twice in two days. They told me I was just looking for pain medicine. I have a documented illness. Went to UL and am having surgery on Friday. But because I went in there in pain I was considered a drug addict and they couldn't see past that. Just wondering if mine is an isolated case or if there are more out there.
Henry Baines

Frankfort, KY

#2 Jun 30, 2011
I had a poor experience there too.

Unless you are in a critical / emergency situation you are better off going to your physician or one of the hospitals in Lex or Louisville.
wantin2know

Huntington, IN

#3 Jun 30, 2011
I had 2 take my son there when he was 6 wks and they couldnt figure out what was wrong with him and acted like i did sumthin 2 him. They had Him transported 2 uk and they didnt act like frankfort hospital. They were very nice and found out what was wrong with him and was put on medicine and was fine. It was all frankfort hospitals fault bcause they didnt test him 4 what he had when he was born. I have had several bad experiences with them and avoid going there .
tiredmomof5

Frankfort, KY

#4 Jun 30, 2011
I am just sick of that place. I don't understand how with so many people hating it there they are still in business.
Hmmm

United States

#5 Jun 30, 2011
It's not the hospital it's the staff and yes they do most patients that way........ And it's because of the junkies and pillheads in this town it's a shame cause sick people have to pay the cost!!!!
Fah-Q

Midway, KY

#6 Jul 1, 2011
Yeah, they are prejudice. If they did some actual doctor-work, they could tell you are in need of them or not. They can always check your Rx record before passing judgement.
I've seen a guy and girl go in for the same thing and the girl leaves with a script. If you're young and male, they expect you to tough it out. They need to be reported.
I think if you go somewhere and are denied proper treatment, you should be able to call your insurance company and tell them and have them STOP payment. After all, no service, no cash. That's the way it works everywhere else.
If I have insurance, I expect to:
1)Not be in pain when there are options
2)To die on a bed
Too much to ask?!?
True

Midway, KY

#7 Jul 1, 2011
Yes, they are prejudice!
If they did some actual doctor-work, they could tell whether or not you are in need of them. Or invade your privacy and pull up your Rx record and tell that way instead of making assumptions. They should be reported.

I've seen a guy and girl go in for the same ailment and the girl leaves with a Rx and the guy was made to suffer. If you're young and male, they expect you to just deal with it..then wonder why people 'doctor shop' and completely leave the state to get proper care. You may see any doctor in the world to get proper care if you need to!

I think if you are denied proper treatment, you should be able to tell your insurance company and have them STOP payment. After all, no service, no cash. That's the way it works everywhere else! Like how Cap Family can RARELY diagnose something correctly and tell you to 'come back in 2 weeks' so they can collect twice for the same below-par treatment.

If I have insurance, I expect two things:
1)To not be in pain/miserable when there are clear, well-established options.
2)To die on a bed.

Too much to ask?!? Really?!?

We Americans need to quit accepting mediocrity as the Status Quo!!!
need pills

Frankfort, KY

#8 Jun 16, 2012
I went there today and they wouldn't give me pills damn them
Jokie

Shelbyville, KY

#9 Oct 14, 2012
The nurses on the 2 floor are aweful. They almost killed my friends baby. I think it was the manager of the floor, Liz or Lisa. She's a joke. They all suck. Seemd like they were too busy to do there job right.

Since: Oct 12

Frankfort, KY

#10 Oct 23, 2012
If they treat you like you're seeking narcotics then it's possibly because they pulled your KASPER and saw where someone had gone to 5 different hospitals in 30 days for them. Just saying it's a possibility
american

Ripon, WI

#11 Oct 24, 2012
Frmc is a joke
What is up

Frankfort, KY

#12 Oct 24, 2012
They will also sweat you over the money too. If you owe them, best believe they will put the collectors on you if you don't pay them!!
SadButTrue

Sarasota, FL

#13 Oct 24, 2012
I've never went to an ER needing pain meds without something being broken, etc. if you have a well-documented illness, then you need to control that pain through your family doctor.
Jr

Frankfort, KY

#14 Oct 24, 2012
Atleast the nurses on the 3rd floor are hot!!! Looking good!!

Since: Oct 12

Frankfort, KY

#15 Oct 24, 2012
What is up wrote:
They will also sweat you over the money too. If you owe them, best believe they will put the collectors on you if you don't pay them!!
Pay your bill then ???? Seems like if you would pay your bill then you wouldn't have these issues.
rawr

Frankfort, KY

#16 Oct 26, 2012
I love Frankfort Hospital. Everyone was great to me. I recommend them. Of course I only go when I need surgery or actual emergency care. I don't go for drugs or when I have a cold like some peeps.
bout died
#17 Oct 26, 2012
i went over a broke arm and had to have three surgerys the 2nd surgery i had M E R S A from that place a blood infection and im not the only person this happen to,went to look for legal help with this case and no body would help me at all .now i gotta live like this on meds the rest of my life not over pain just infection inside and out of my body.if any body can help or let me know more about mersa thanks just look out for this place when you go
What is up

Frankfort, KY

#18 Oct 26, 2012
fmroperator wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay your bill then ???? Seems like if you would pay your bill then you wouldn't have these issues.
You know when you have to make decisions on which bill to pay and you choose some other bill over you hospital bill, they don't always have to think their bill comes before food or medicine. Some people aren't as fortunate as others. I wasn't anticipating getting the flu and going to the hospital and accumilating a "bill"
If I had the money to pay it, I would!! It's not like I didn't pay them, I had to make a decision. They aren't the only people collecting money. They have to be patient too!
MRSA

United States

#19 Oct 26, 2012
You should probably do some research on MRSA. It's highly possible you were carrying it in your body before you were put in the hospital. Having surgery weakens your immune system. Over 75% of people have MRSA and just don't know they have it. It's basically a staph infection. Not saying you couldn't have gotten it at the hospital BUT it's not the hospitals fault. Here's a little info about MRSA:

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a bacterium responsible for several difficult-to-treat infections in humans. It is also called multidrug-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and oxacillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (ORSA). MRSA is any strain of Staphylococcus aureus that has developed resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics, which include the penicillins (methicillin, dicloxacillin, nafcillin, oxacillin, etc.) and the cephalosporins. Strains unable to resist these antibiotics are classified as methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus, or MSSA. The development of such resistance does not cause the organism to be more intrinsically virulent than strains of Staphylococcus aureus that have no antibiotic resistance, but resistance does make MRSA infection more difficult to treat with standard types of antibiotics and thus more dangerous.

MRSA is especially troublesome in hospitals, prisons, schools, and nursing homes, where patients with open wounds, invasive devices, and weakened immune systems are at greater risk of infection than the general public.
DCR

Frankfort, KY

#20 Oct 30, 2012
I went to the ED complaining of pain in my right side down to my groin, the Doctor did an U/A and a CT. The Doctor informed me that the U/A came back clear and that I did not have any mass, tumors, or kidney stones in my left kidney. My husband got upset demanding discharge papers as I had been denied any thing stronger the Tylenol for pain and never once complained of anything pain in my left side, I had complained of pain in my right side and he refuse to look at the CT results again. The next day I went to see a Urologists who viewed the same CT scan result and saw that I had 3 kidney stones in my right kidney. Oh and the random drug test that was performed because the Doctor was convinced that I was seeking drugs came back totally clean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bell junior selected for program 23 min Marcus 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min another viewer 148,178
Banta 38 min GOTCHA 90
Superintendent of Franklin county schools 49 min Beginning 3
Frankfort Stewart's 1 hr Krmf657 13
Frankfort's Downfall 1 hr rubbish 26
Jane and Joyce 2 hr u Mormon 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages