best Haunted House in Frankfort When/...

best Haunted House in Frankfort When/where/and what scared u da most?

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
my two cents

Frankfort, KY

#1 Sep 25, 2009
the one down on st. clair street, 2 maybe 3 years ago, Jason voorhees put my ass in da floor
vortek

Frankfort, KY

#2 Sep 26, 2009
yeah that one was scary

Since: Aug 09

Frankfort, KY

#3 Sep 26, 2009
Misery Manor is gonna be open this year by the Dragon this year. And The Nightmare Haunted House in Lexington is awesome!
u b real skared

Frankfort, KY

#4 Sep 26, 2009
Also will be one called "One Wrong Turn" at Camp Pleasant Baptist Church out off Shadrick Ferry Road. off 127 North towards owenton. Check out their website. 1WrongTurn.net
my input

Frankfort, KY

#5 Oct 2, 2009
WELL I wold have to say when they had that jeepers creepers guy out Peaks MIll that mask was scary lookin' guy was quick too.
oh crap_d my pants

Frankfort, KY

#6 Oct 5, 2009
Misery Manor has a great location but it's mostly same old stuff nuthin too new.
check it out

Frankfort, KY

#7 Oct 5, 2009
there is one out on Shadrick Ferry at a church its called one wrong turn. Really good they were Walk of Doom last year. Don't know what happened but they really good this year. They made me pee on myself.
the real one

Frankfort, KY

#8 Oct 6, 2009
Misery Manor is always the real deal. It's been around forever, and it always delivers. It is "Frankfort's haunt". They were open Saturday until 1am because their line was so big. THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES. People from the other haunts were going through Misery Manor because their lines died early. Misery Manor will change things up weekly. It won't be the same show week to week. That's because they're creative and talented. and as always----IT ALL GOES TO CHARITY

Since: Aug 09

Frankfort, KY

#9 Oct 6, 2009
All to charity? Are you sure about that? It takes a lot of money to run a haunt, so you would think he would need to keep at least a portion of his profit to make ends meet.

Plus, anyway, if you're willing to drive a little bit, The Nightmare Haunted House in Lex on Manchester St. is the absolute scariest hh you can go to!
the real one

Frankfort, KY

#10 Oct 6, 2009
jmoney2013 wrote:
All to charity? Are you sure about that? It takes a lot of money to run a haunt, so you would think he would need to keep at least a portion of his profit to make ends meet.
Plus, anyway, if you're willing to drive a little bit, The Nightmare Haunted House in Lex on Manchester St. is the absolute scariest hh you can go to!
proceeds
just curious

Frankfort, KY

#11 Oct 6, 2009
what charity are the proceeds goin to this year?
haunt

Frankfort, KY

#12 Oct 7, 2009
just curious wrote:
what charity are the proceeds goin to this year?
The money will be turned over to the Central KY Jaycees for distribution. I know that the money will help fund the 2010 Family Fishing Day and the group hopes to provide the community with a children's ID machine and software. These programs are very expensive so any suggestions or information is appreciated. I also know that some of the proceeds will go to the "Make a Wish Foundation".
Spooky Lady

Frankfort, KY

#13 Oct 7, 2009
The only reason people are bashing MISERY MANOR is because they were asked to not come back this year. They know that in fact this is the scariest haunted house in Frankfort but they are going to just bash it because they are mad. Don't listen to them come out and find out for yourself. We re-open this Friday at 7:00. Hope to see you there.
John

Shepherdsville, KY

#14 Oct 7, 2009
u b real skared wrote:
Also will be one called "One Wrong Turn" at Camp Pleasant Baptist Church out off Shadrick Ferry Road. off 127 North towards owenton. Check out their website. 1WrongTurn.net
I went to this web site, and found it pretty much indistinguishable from other haunted houses. I assume, however, that since this is sponsored by a church it's one of those "visits to hell" haunted houses.

I implore the leadership of this church to prayerfully consider whether a bait-and-switch evangelism method like this honors God. Jesus spoke the Gospel plainly and directly. Does the Holy Spirit need us to trick people into belief?

"But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God’s word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. 2 Corinthians 4:2

May God give us such confidence in the power of the Gospel that we would be nothing other than honest, forthright and open in our evangelism.
Mark

Frankfort, KY

#15 Oct 7, 2009
Haunted Houses bashing one another is just silly. People who produce these events work very hard. They are all very creative people that obviously enjoy putting on a show. If you dissagree with haunted attractions, don't attend. They're just like that remote on the television...you have total control over what you watch and see. I know of four attractions in Frankfort this year. We haven't ever seen that type of activity EVER. That's a good thing. Frankfort deserves to have more community events. I for one applaud everybody involved with local haunts this year. It does my heart good to see that Frankfort has a variety of places to go. Don't forget the Pumpkin Festival and the various Fall Festivals around town. They're always fun. Hey, Haunted House People----please join me in thanking all the people that have gone through our haunts and those who plan to go through our haunts. Money is hard to come by these days and we appreciate you for checking out our shows. Everybody, have a good season, I wish you all the best of luck! Happy Halloween
-Hoov
Rick

Frankfort, KY

#16 Oct 7, 2009
They are all good!
lovedit

Frankfort, KY

#17 Oct 7, 2009
Been through the Misery Manor this year already!!! PROPS to you all!!! it was awesome can't wait to go through it again... i know it 's only going to get better and better!!!! Great Job guys I think it's the best one so far!!! Scared the crap out of me a few times!! the Opening room is off the chain (saw).. literally!!
Kristen

Frankfort, KY

#18 Oct 7, 2009
Thanks Hoov! This is STUPID! I think that some people on here have nothing better to do with there lives that sit around bad mouthing other people! You all have done a great job this year, and have and awsome location! We have no problem sending people to yours and I know that you feel the same way!
As for you John....you can think what you want and quote all of the scriptures you want(even Satan knows what the Bible says)...Hell is a scarey place, and once you get there, there's no turning back. The whole point is not to scare people into religion, it is to make them see that no matter what you do, good or bad, it all comes down to 1 decision, or "1 wrong turn".
Nobody is trying to trick anyone, and don't bad mouth something until you try it! Oh, and since you want to quote scriptures..."Judge not that you be not judged." Matthew 7:1
Thank you to everyone who has come out to support us! Be sure to check out Misery Manore and the other haunts in town!
goblin

Frankfort, KY

#19 Oct 7, 2009
i've been to hell and back...it's really not as hot as people say it is! and the lemonade is to die for!!
John

Shepherdsville, KY

#20 Oct 7, 2009
Kristen, you have missed my point completely.

The whole point of my post had nothing to do with the reality of hell, which I agree with you on. It was to point out that the method you're using, however well-intentioned, is wrong because the church is not being open and honest about what the event is. If the church "isn't trying to trick anyone," why isn't the true nature of the event explained in the promotional materials? Why not say out front:“Come to the scariest place of them all, hell separated from Christ?”

Do you go to church at Camp Pleasant? If so, it is common there, when someone uses Scripture to question something the church does, to compare that person to Satan?

Kristen, finally, I'd ask you to take a closer look at Matthew 7:1. You (and millions of others before you) have misinterpreted its meaning. Yes Christ says “Judge not, lest ye be judged.” But the passage doesn't end there.

Christ follows up his warning against judgment with an explanation: "For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

In Matthew 7, then, Jesus isn't telling us not to judge, in fact he’s *telling* us to judge. He's saying, however,(a) tend to yourself first, and (b) don't judge anyone by a standard you aren't willing to be judged by yourself. In Matthew 7 Jesus speaks against hypocrisy, not judgment.

Again, I know you all have good intentions. But put your faith in the convicting power of God’s spirit, not haunted houses with misleading advertisements. If you do indeed go to Camp Pleasant, I challenge you and your church to consider whether or not what I have said is true in the light of Scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cathy Catlett/Stewart 40 min We Know 33
Allie Stucker 53 min Crazyasswhiteboy 4
Lean machine motorcycle shop 55 min Cbr 1000 RR 4
WTH Julian Carroll 1 hr Abouttime 105
How can you all sleep at night? 1 hr Crazyasswhiteboy 4
Jeff Barnes MURDER 1 hr Popcorn 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mickey402 165,661
WARNING to guys downtown around 2nd st. and th... 8 hr Charles 12
tasha stevens 10 hr On the other side 29
Pat Melton 12 hr well 13

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages