Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,429)

Showing posts 88,561 - 88,580 of123,005
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92399
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Leaving the Light On wrote:
Go ahead judge me.Just remember to be perfect the
rest of your life.
(Gods only Perfect)
If god was perfect then why did he feel regret in making man. If god was perfect why does he require anyone to worship him, as if he was lonely and need a cp3po to talk with to feel pain an fear.

Bible evidence shows most of mankind will be destroyed just as in the days of Noah. That is not a successful model of perfection in leadership.

The instruction manual called the bible is just a copy of many other copies that has created many different versions of christianty and caused divisions and wars and suffering.

The founding fathers of american new this that is why you see on coins "in god we trust" so the muslims can say the pledged without offending the christians or satanists, "so we can all get along with each other",yet still christians/islam demand a theocracy governments.

Atheists see faith as not testable and the bible says you cannot test god or see god. So more and more people will become secular humanists/atheist/agnostics and accept their life "as is" without fear of eternal torments from a god that has shown no evidence to have existed.

Our war is not with satan and his demons but with religions that promote wars and dangerous cults to control us. Relgion is against science and progress, the bible shows that in its wording, "the wisdom of the world is foolishness with god", anyway thats my take on religion.
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92400
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I have many times... But... "You cannot have a rational, logical discussion with a irrational, illogical person" - Q

And....

"Tis Simple for the intellectual to feign ignorance, Tis Impossible for the ignorant to feign intellect" - Q
Seems to me you always run off when it gets a little hot... But that's cool... People like you like to think you're better and more intelligent than anyone else... It's called arrogance... Yet when called out on the issues all that can be seen is your backside... I'm glad you got to use your little quote though... How long did it take you to look it up?... Must have took awhile cause your chicken ass sure didn't want any of the debate yesterday...
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92401
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>If god was perfect then why did he feel regret in making man. If god was perfect why does he require anyone to worship him, as if he was lonely and need a cp3po to talk with to feel pain an fear.

Bible evidence shows most of mankind will be destroyed just as in the days of Noah. That is not a successful model of perfection in leadership.

The instruction manual called the bible is just a copy of many other copies that has created many different versions of christianty and caused divisions and wars and suffering.

The founding fathers of american new this that is why you see on coins "in god we trust" so the muslims can say the pledged without offending the christians or satanists, "so we can all get along with each other",yet still christians/islam demand a theocracy governments.

Atheists see faith as not testable and the bible says you cannot test god or see god. So more and more people will become secular humanists/atheist/agnostics and accept their life "as is" without fear of eternal torments from a god that has shown no evidence to have existed.

Our war is not with satan and his demons but with religions that promote wars and dangerous cults to control us. Relgion is against science and progress, the bible shows that in its wording, "the wisdom of the world is foolishness with god", anyway thats my take on religion.
Jesus didn't care much for religion either... His teachings show a better way and are iron clad... So much so that the atheist only defense is to deny his existence... Furthermore if he came back today I'd say the so called church of today would want him dead faster than in his time... But my question to you is do you not believe in God or just pissed off at Him?... You're kinda fuzzy on that one... If you say no then why spend so much time and study on something you don't believe in?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92402
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Law of the land - Gods law.
Ten commandments.
Man will destroy himself...

Read The Bible...Don't have the answer ask God.He has all the answers.
open

Martin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92403
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

keep religion out of schools..........
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92404
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Man did not Evolve From a Monkey.. That has never been a concept of evolution... That is a concept started by religious people that had no idea what the theory scientifically speaks of.... Humans have been Humans for Millions of years... Even when they were small little hairy critters they were Human.... And today Humans are different than they were 100 years ago on average... Monkeys, Ape, Lemurs and all other animals and plants are different than they were a million years ago...
"Man did not Evolve From a Monkey.. That has never been a concept of evolution"
Come on Q, you know thats a lie!
I, like you went to school, and was taught those very things!
Was it so long ago, that you've forgotten?
They still have the same evilutionary pictorials in the NEW science books!
I know it's hard to keep up with the current theory, as it
changes every wash day, but to forget how Darwin first crapped
on the Human race with Godless ideas of alternate causes
of existance... Very unbecoming of your stature!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92405
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientist do not Believe... A Scientist has a theory based on testable, repeatable, verifiable evidence.... and if at any point New Evidence contradicts and provides better theory, A scientist changes the theory to fit the evidence.... When a scientist starts "Believing" he stops being a scientist and his view become religious in nature... Like Man Made Global Warming "Scientist"...
So... Scientists have had Millions of years to test, and
verify the 'Theory' of Evilution?
I feel like Rip VanWinkle, must have slept through that!
LOL
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92406
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
To Believe something is true is a religious concept when such belief is formed with out evidence... It's an Emotional construct... In Science it's a term only used as a generalization... Never as a statement of fact... A Scientist Knows, he Thinks he Knows or he does Not Know... based solely on Evidence...
So Yes Most Scientist Think the theory of Evolution is True because so far in the millions of individual pieces of evidence collected, tested, verified have yet to show a better, more complete theory. There is Evidence that places some of the theory in question and that is why it's called a theory.... But a Real Scientist will give any evidence, even evidence that might be in complete conflict with their existing paradigm theory, consideration and change their theory if the evidence fulfills the requirement of being testable, verifiable and repeatable..... If they Stick to their theory when Evidence is presented that is testable, verifiable and repeatable they cease to be Scientist and become Preachers....
Dawkins would want to wash your mouth out with soap!
LOL
"testable, verifiable and repeatable they cease to be Scientist and become Preachers"
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92407
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Hmmm wrote:
A theory is a theory because it is subject to change it is not a fact. They say that Christians force there beliefs on everyone but are considered ignorant if the do not believe in every scientific theory. If Christians are wrong about God then what does it matter, but what if they are not?
Great point!
When one has a 'God' experience, one knows who is wrong!
'Scientific' theories of how we got here are Dead Wrong!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92408
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't care much for religion either... His teachings show a better way and are iron clad... So much so that the atheist only defense is to deny his existence... Furthermore if he came back today I'd say the so called church of today would want him dead faster than in his time... But my question to you is do you not believe in God or just pissed off at Him?... You're kinda fuzzy on that one... If you say no then why spend so much time and study on something you don't believe in?
I don't study the bible anymore, just do research online for the debates that take place in this forum. Most of my relatives are religious and believe that god exists, I wanted to understand the different faiths each have, because not all them are of the same beliefs. I come to understand that belief in a god is a comfort to them and of belonging to a group for socialising and friendships that are like minded.

My parents were baptist and always had a KJV of the bible somewhere in the house, "mostly never read by anyone except my mother", more of a symbol I guess to show we are christian just in case a pastor happen by.

My parents would not know a seventh day adventist, penticostal, JW, mormon, other cult teachings from a baptist. All they new was they were baptist and that was all that was needed. I have relatives that are in all these different religions and all try to convert me to their version of christianity.

So over the years I learn some bible to please them without comitting to any of their church teachings. As you can see how I was attack by the JW being called a apostate because I new some of their teachings just by reading mostly online and not be a member of there church. I'm being shunned and without ever been a member how funny or should I say sad it that?

It's confusing to see a atheist or agnostic that can quote the bible and use it to defend a agnostic/atheist postion I know. Like LOL said,you can be an atheist without believing in anything.

So why do I do it? It's fun to see what others are debating about, see different understandings that challenge my own ideas and gain new insights.

That is why I can come back with the same question to you, why throw your pearls to "dogs" in violation of your own bible admonition not to do so?

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92409
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Leaving the Light On wrote:
Law of the land - Gods law.
Ten commandments.
Man will destroy himself...
Read The Bible...Don't have the answer ask God.He has all the answers.
The law does not apply because you are under the new testament, under "grace"
The ten commandments are from the old testament, the old laws so they no longer apply.
I read the bible cover to cover several times and found the story to be so unbelievable that I wonder how any one can fall for this cults scams.
But christians do not bother with the bible because it does not suit their lifestyle or belief.
The "god" of your bible is really evil and hateful

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92410
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said it was McFly... It's faith and that's fine... The subject the other McFly talking about was evolution (which I pointed out is religion as well)... There is no difference!! As to atheist - there seems to be some law that states that Christians must prove God to you... News flash bud I DON'T GIVE A FROGS FAT ARSE WHAT YOU BELIEVE!! However if one states science to back their faith as Evolution clearly does than I have the right to point out the fact that science clearly DOES NOT support this religion or it's god Natural Selection....
...I have the right to point out the fact that science clearly DOES NOT support this (evolution)...

What you have a right to do (and what you practice incessantly) is to say anything that pops into your lil' head, no matter whether it is fact, fiction or nonsense and gibberish.

You haven't written a single sentence that disproves the ToE or the BBT, and you haven't provided a single entry that provides real evidence of a god's existence or of a god's action(s) creating the Earth.
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92411
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>I don't study the bible anymore, just do research online for the debates that take place in this forum. Most of my relatives are religious and believe that god exists, I wanted to understand the different faiths each have, because not all them are of the same beliefs. I come to understand that belief in a god is a comfort to them and of belonging to a group for socialising and friendships that are like minded.

My parents were baptist and always had a KJV of the bible somewhere in the house, "mostly never read by anyone except my mother", more of a symbol I guess to show we are christian just in case a pastor happen by.

My parents would not know a seventh day adventist, penticostal, JW, mormon, other cult teachings from a baptist. All they new was they were baptist and that was all that was needed. I have relatives that are in all these different religions and all try to convert me to their version of christianity.

So over the years I learn some bible to please them without comitting to any of their church teachings. As you can see how I was attack by the JW being called a apostate because I new some of their teachings just by reading mostly online and not be a member of there church. I'm being shunned and without ever been a member how funny or should I say sad it that?

It's confusing to see a atheist or agnostic that can quote the bible and use it to defend a agnostic/atheist postion I know. Like LOL said,you can be an atheist without believing in anything.

So why do I do it? It's fun to see what others are debating about, see different understandings that challenge my own ideas and gain new insights.

That is why I can come back with the same question to you, why throw your pearls to "dogs" in violation of your own bible admonition not to do so?
That's cool... I understand the concept.. And I sure don't care for the Billy Bob better than everybody club social either... But what do you mean by me throwing pearls to dogs?... I know the verse but in what way are you directing it to me?
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92412
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>"Man did not Evolve From a Monkey.. That has never been a concept of evolution"
Come on Q, you know thats a lie!
I, like you went to school, and was taught those very things!
Was it so long ago, that you've forgotten?
They still have the same evilutionary pictorials in the NEW science books!
I know it's hard to keep up with the current theory, as it
changes every wash day, but to forget how Darwin first crapped
on the Human race with Godless ideas of alternate causes
of existance... Very unbecoming of your stature!
He doesn't have the answers just cut and paste from wiki or google...
Glassbong

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92413
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The law does not apply because you are under the new testament, under "grace"
The ten commandments are from the old testament, the old laws so they no longer apply.
I read the bible cover to cover several times and found the story to be so unbelievable that I wonder how any one can fall for this cults scams.
But christians do not bother with the bible because it does not suit their lifestyle or belief.
The "god" of your bible is really evil and hateful
God changed his mind, his word is everlasting, unless he changes his mind again.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92414
Dec 9, 2012
 
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cool... I understand the concept.. And I sure don't care for the Billy Bob better than everybody club social either... But what do you mean by me throwing pearls to dogs?... I know the verse but in what way are you directing it to me?
Most christians will say that they take the bible literally word for word in its meaning. So without me injecting to much of what I would say, I would like to understand if you think your wasting your time here as a christian preaching to the same people day after day and have them not accepting your message or as some may see it as ridiculing your preaching of the word of god. Yet you come back for more ridiculing of your god, I see as puzzling of most christians here that continue to debate with those that reject a belief in a god when the bible clearly says not to.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92415
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have the answers just cut and paste from wiki or google...
Hmmm... So in defender's world, non christians are not allowed to research information.(I'm sure that goes double for members of the cult.)
Since all of defender's "answers" come from the Bible, why doesn't he and YaA simply post

www.biblegateway.com

and leave it at that?

defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92416
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>Most christians will say that they take the bible literally word for word in its meaning. So without me injecting to much of what I would say, I would like to understand if you think your wasting your time here as a christian preaching to the same people day after day and have them not accepting your message or as some may see it as ridiculing your preaching of the word of god. Yet you come back for more ridiculing of your god, I see as puzzling of most christians here that continue to debate with those that reject a belief in a god when the bible clearly says not to.
I'm not preaching or trying to convert anyone... Just pointing out the the Evolutionist view is also religion... So what's so bad about that?
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92417
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>...I have the right to point out the fact that science clearly DOES NOT support this (evolution)...

What you have a right to do (and what you practice incessantly) is to say anything that pops into your lil' head, no matter whether it is fact, fiction or nonsense and gibberish.

You haven't written a single sentence that disproves the ToE or the BBT, and you haven't provided a single entry that provides real evidence of a god's existence or of a god's action(s) creating the Earth.
I've stated plenty... You've refuted nothing... Just whining and crying...

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92418
Dec 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not preaching or trying to convert anyone... Just pointing out the the Evolutionist view is also religion... So what's so bad about that?
So if you not trying to get people to believe in god, why try to get people to not accept the concept of evolution of man?

Every one has to have a hobby, I guess. Maybe you think that will be your free pass thru the pearly gates, if that brings you comfort or the fun of debating then continue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 88,561 - 88,580 of123,005
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Frankfort Forum right now

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 10 min Ancient Wolf 81,234
Campfire Kitchen 1 hr You Think You Know Me 7
abused by frankfort police dept 3 hr Justin 26
sheriff scandals 3 hr Justin 52
drug bust today 3 hr Justin 38
Sheriff Melton are you SCARED??? 3 hr Justin 57
The Sherrif's F.U.P.A. 5 hr slick rick 2
4thDistrict Magistrate 6 hr Donar 341
•••
•••
•••
Frankfort Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Frankfort Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••