Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,867

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92387 Dec 8, 2012
Of course christianity is not provable, it is based on a lie. Atheist are not required to give a shit how life and the universe came to be, Atheist just do not buy into the whole delusions of a god thingy like you religies do.
Keep trying monkey unmensch to make evolution an Atheist religion, it just won't work.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92388 Dec 8, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Of course christianity is not provable, it is based on a lie. Atheist are not required to give a shit how life and the universe came to be, Atheist just do not buy into the whole delusions of a god thingy like you religies do.
Keep trying monkey unmensch to make evolution an Atheist religion, it just won't work.
Hi LOL, good post. It would be interesting to hear a rebuttal to what you just said.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#92389 Dec 8, 2012
Defender, since christianity is not provable, and aliens doing genetic test created us is not provable how can we give one more credibility than the other?(I think both are absurd but there are a group of Satanist (JOS) who believe that crap)
I do not really care how I am alive so much as that I am. I lean towards evolution as that idea makes more sense to me but I do not get in to the theory deeply nor care one way or the other.
I am as against evolution being taught as fact as I am creation being taught as fact. Both may be explained as theory but nether should be taught as fact.
And what a theory is needs to be taught first
defender

Manchester, KY

#92390 Dec 8, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Never said it was McFly... It's faith and that's fine... The subject the other McFly talking about was evolution (which I pointed out is religion as well)... There is no difference!! As to atheist - there seems to be some law that states that Christians must prove God to you... News flash bud I DON'T GIVE A FROGS FAT ARSE WHAT YOU BELIEVE!! However if one states science to back their faith as Evolution clearly does than I have the right to point out the fact that science clearly DOES NOT support this religion or it's god Natural Selection....
defender

Manchester, KY

#92391 Dec 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Defender, since christianity is not provable, and aliens doing genetic test created us is not provable how can we give one more credibility than the other?(I think both are absurd but there are a group of Satanist (JOS) who believe that crap)
I do not really care how I am alive so much as that I am. I lean towards evolution as that idea makes more sense to me but I do not get in to the theory deeply nor care one way or the other.
I am as against evolution being taught as fact as I am creation being taught as fact. Both may be explained as theory but nether should be taught as fact.
And what a theory is needs to be taught first
Thank you... I agree... That's all I'm saying.... Truth...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92392 Dec 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you... I agree... That's all I'm saying.... Truth...
If you want a good laugh http://www.joyofsatan.org/
These people follow a real scam artist and are batshit stupid
defender

Manchester, KY

#92393 Dec 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If you want a good laugh http://www.joyofsatan.org/
These people follow a real scam artist and are batshit stupid
Yeah that's strange... I must confess I didn't know that there was so many different types of satanist out there...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#92394 Dec 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that's strange... I must confess I didn't know that there was so many different types of satanist out there...
Many different kinds, there are some that call themselves Luciferians, Laveyians, etc...
Some are total nut jobs and others are attention seekers. We do not see "Satan" as an actual being but others do.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#92395 Dec 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
From your posts I would say there is a Massive amount of stuff you don't know...
defender

Manchester, KY

#92396 Dec 8, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>From your posts I would say there is a Massive amount of stuff you don't know...
Really?... Enlighten me oh wise one...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#92397 Dec 8, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?... Enlighten me oh wise one...
I have many times... But... "You cannot have a rational, logical discussion with a irrational, illogical person" - Q

And....

"Tis Simple for the intellectual to feign ignorance, Tis Impossible for the ignorant to feign intellect" - Q

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#92398 Dec 8, 2012
Go ahead judge me.Just remember to be perfect the
rest of your life.

(Gods only Perfect)

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92399 Dec 9, 2012
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Go ahead judge me.Just remember to be perfect the
rest of your life.
(Gods only Perfect)
If god was perfect then why did he feel regret in making man. If god was perfect why does he require anyone to worship him, as if he was lonely and need a cp3po to talk with to feel pain an fear.

Bible evidence shows most of mankind will be destroyed just as in the days of Noah. That is not a successful model of perfection in leadership.

The instruction manual called the bible is just a copy of many other copies that has created many different versions of christianty and caused divisions and wars and suffering.

The founding fathers of american new this that is why you see on coins "in god we trust" so the muslims can say the pledged without offending the christians or satanists, "so we can all get along with each other",yet still christians/islam demand a theocracy governments.

Atheists see faith as not testable and the bible says you cannot test god or see god. So more and more people will become secular humanists/atheist/agnostics and accept their life "as is" without fear of eternal torments from a god that has shown no evidence to have existed.

Our war is not with satan and his demons but with religions that promote wars and dangerous cults to control us. Relgion is against science and progress, the bible shows that in its wording, "the wisdom of the world is foolishness with god", anyway thats my take on religion.
defender

Duluth, GA

#92400 Dec 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I have many times... But... "You cannot have a rational, logical discussion with a irrational, illogical person" - Q

And....

"Tis Simple for the intellectual to feign ignorance, Tis Impossible for the ignorant to feign intellect" - Q
Seems to me you always run off when it gets a little hot... But that's cool... People like you like to think you're better and more intelligent than anyone else... It's called arrogance... Yet when called out on the issues all that can be seen is your backside... I'm glad you got to use your little quote though... How long did it take you to look it up?... Must have took awhile cause your chicken ass sure didn't want any of the debate yesterday...
defender

Duluth, GA

#92401 Dec 9, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>If god was perfect then why did he feel regret in making man. If god was perfect why does he require anyone to worship him, as if he was lonely and need a cp3po to talk with to feel pain an fear.

Bible evidence shows most of mankind will be destroyed just as in the days of Noah. That is not a successful model of perfection in leadership.

The instruction manual called the bible is just a copy of many other copies that has created many different versions of christianty and caused divisions and wars and suffering.

The founding fathers of american new this that is why you see on coins "in god we trust" so the muslims can say the pledged without offending the christians or satanists, "so we can all get along with each other",yet still christians/islam demand a theocracy governments.

Atheists see faith as not testable and the bible says you cannot test god or see god. So more and more people will become secular humanists/atheist/agnostics and accept their life "as is" without fear of eternal torments from a god that has shown no evidence to have existed.

Our war is not with satan and his demons but with religions that promote wars and dangerous cults to control us. Relgion is against science and progress, the bible shows that in its wording, "the wisdom of the world is foolishness with god", anyway thats my take on religion.
Jesus didn't care much for religion either... His teachings show a better way and are iron clad... So much so that the atheist only defense is to deny his existence... Furthermore if he came back today I'd say the so called church of today would want him dead faster than in his time... But my question to you is do you not believe in God or just pissed off at Him?... You're kinda fuzzy on that one... If you say no then why spend so much time and study on something you don't believe in?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#92402 Dec 9, 2012
Law of the land - Gods law.
Ten commandments.
Man will destroy himself...

Read The Bible...Don't have the answer ask God.He has all the answers.
open

Richmond, KY

#92403 Dec 9, 2012
keep religion out of schools..........
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#92404 Dec 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Man did not Evolve From a Monkey.. That has never been a concept of evolution... That is a concept started by religious people that had no idea what the theory scientifically speaks of.... Humans have been Humans for Millions of years... Even when they were small little hairy critters they were Human.... And today Humans are different than they were 100 years ago on average... Monkeys, Ape, Lemurs and all other animals and plants are different than they were a million years ago...
"Man did not Evolve From a Monkey.. That has never been a concept of evolution"
Come on Q, you know thats a lie!
I, like you went to school, and was taught those very things!
Was it so long ago, that you've forgotten?
They still have the same evilutionary pictorials in the NEW science books!
I know it's hard to keep up with the current theory, as it
changes every wash day, but to forget how Darwin first crapped
on the Human race with Godless ideas of alternate causes
of existance... Very unbecoming of your stature!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#92405 Dec 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientist do not Believe... A Scientist has a theory based on testable, repeatable, verifiable evidence.... and if at any point New Evidence contradicts and provides better theory, A scientist changes the theory to fit the evidence.... When a scientist starts "Believing" he stops being a scientist and his view become religious in nature... Like Man Made Global Warming "Scientist"...
So... Scientists have had Millions of years to test, and
verify the 'Theory' of Evilution?
I feel like Rip VanWinkle, must have slept through that!
LOL
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#92406 Dec 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
To Believe something is true is a religious concept when such belief is formed with out evidence... It's an Emotional construct... In Science it's a term only used as a generalization... Never as a statement of fact... A Scientist Knows, he Thinks he Knows or he does Not Know... based solely on Evidence...
So Yes Most Scientist Think the theory of Evolution is True because so far in the millions of individual pieces of evidence collected, tested, verified have yet to show a better, more complete theory. There is Evidence that places some of the theory in question and that is why it's called a theory.... But a Real Scientist will give any evidence, even evidence that might be in complete conflict with their existing paradigm theory, consideration and change their theory if the evidence fulfills the requirement of being testable, verifiable and repeatable..... If they Stick to their theory when Evidence is presented that is testable, verifiable and repeatable they cease to be Scientist and become Preachers....
Dawkins would want to wash your mouth out with soap!
LOL
"testable, verifiable and repeatable they cease to be Scientist and become Preachers"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
missing girl 8 min Amanda 3
slamm: the wrath of kubla khan 21 min Tellitlikeitis 6
Too many Democrats in Franklin County 26 min Sober 2
Partisan makeup of KY counties 39 min Sober 1
melissa harrod 2 hr JSD 2
No smoking at state office buildings 2 hr Too funny 156
So What's the Real Word on Hudson Hollow... 2 hr uh huh 14
Chris Ballenger "aka Hybrid" (Oct '10) 4 hr Laurie_Toadvine 99
The Dragon Wed Former customer 31
Frankfort Dating