Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 169995 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#82042 Jul 5, 2012
Known fact wrote:
The place for religion is not in the classroom neither should a place for teaching the religion of EVOLUTION be in the classroom.
Why can I label evolution as a religion is because it takes more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in a creator! Religion should be taught at home or your place of worship not the public school classroom
Evolution is a fact of nature. Most people recognize this by the evidence.

Location hidden

#82043 Jul 5, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>First EVOLUTION is NOT a proven fact! It is supposed to have happened gradually over millions of years. Since no one was there to see it happen it is exactly what you correctly said,“a theory” which means a wild guess. In other words your guess is as good as mine and if not based on proven facts that is all it can be, a wild guess.
I cannot express strongly enough how ignorant your post is. It is shamefully, woefully uninformed. Are you being serious or is this a joke??

Location hidden

#82044 Jul 5, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>The next time you have the chance to talk to one of Jehovah's Witnesses ask them for the book "LIFE HOW DID IT GET HERE? By evolution or by creation? It is a well researched publication that considers an enormous amount of sources to compile the information. It considers what evolutionists say and compare it with what the Bible says and allows the reader to draw their own conclusion.
Ah, now I understand why your posts seem so ridiculous.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#82045 Jul 5, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> OK - you being smarty, and that was funny and you got me. of course I mean that as "it does not prove anything" so now you can have some fun with that also. I do not mind when you are funny to avoid answering, because your funnies are funny.
I do not avoid questions, sometimes questions deserve no answer, like "prove nothing is not real", really, not gonna happen, unless nothing can be used to verify nothing's non-existance.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#82046 Jul 5, 2012
*non-existence*
Believer

Jamestown, KY

#82047 Jul 5, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I'd be careful putting much stock in somebody who says they personally know God.
"How can you avoid being deceived by false teachers?" - and then you cite Michael Behe!
ROFL!
I almost thought you were serious! LOL!
http://sciencenotes.wordpress.com/resources/m...
Was Stephen Hawkins a false teacher?

“What happened to self reliance”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

#82048 Jul 5, 2012
Where does the bible explain Dinosaurs? I'm just curious.
goofy

Grayson, KY

#82049 Jul 5, 2012
&fe ature=related the bible is full of mistakes and lies
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#82050 Jul 5, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a fact of nature. Most people recognize this by the evidence.
Where can I access this evidence? Evolution was supposed to have evolved over millions of years. Since no one was around to witness it where can the evidence be found?
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#82051 Jul 5, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot express strongly enough how ignorant your post is. It is shamefully, woefully uninformed. Are you being serious or is this a joke??
Have you personally read the book? If not how can you make such a blatant statement?
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#82052 Jul 5, 2012
goofy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZFrkjEgUDZAXX&feature=rel ated the bible is full of mistakes and lies
Please give an example.
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#82053 Jul 5, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, now I understand why your posts seem so ridiculous.
Please explain.
goofy

Grayson, KY

#82054 Jul 5, 2012
goofy

Grayson, KY

#82055 Jul 5, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I access this evidence? Evolution was supposed to have evolved over millions of years. Since no one was around to witness it where can the evidence be found?
&fe ature=related
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#82056 Jul 5, 2012
Dr Moonshine wrote:
Where does the bible explain Dinosaurs? I'm just curious.
The Genesis Account and Dinosaurs
While the radioactive dating method is innovative, it is still based on speculation and assumption. In contrast, the Bible account in the first chapter of Genesis simply states the general order of creation. It allows for possibly thousands of millions of years for the formation of the earth and many millenniums in six creative eras, or “days,” to prepare the earth for human habitation.
Some dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) may indeed have been created in the fifth era listed in Genesis, when the Bible says that God made “flying creatures” and “great sea monsters.” Perhaps other types of dinosaurs were created in the sixth epoch. The vast array of dinosaurs with their huge appetites would have been appropriate considering the abundant vegetation that evidently existed in their time.—Genesis 1:20-24.
When the dinosaurs had fulfilled their purpose, God ended their life. But the Bible is silent on how he did that or when. We can be sure that dinosaurs were created by Jehovah for a purpose, even if we do not fully understand that purpose at this time. They were no mistake, no product of evolution. That they suddenly appear in the fossil record unconnected to any fossil ancestors, and also disappear without leaving connecting fossil links, is evidence against the view that such animals gradually evolved over millions of years of time. Thus, the fossil record does not support the evolution theory. Instead, it harmonizes with the Bible’s view of creative acts of God.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#82057 Jul 5, 2012
Stupidppl wrote:
One other thing I will say is that I do agree with Evolution....I honestly do but it started with Creation..!
"So you say, but cannot demonstrate"

#82058 Jul 5, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
They call them Fossils.... As for evidence over those Billions (yep with a B) and they call them Cats, Dogs, Cows, Tulips, Orchids ect.. as for evidence in the short term...

If I came home from a trip and the water was 3 feet deep across the road I think thats evidence it rained... Sure a giant could have pee'd alot but I'll stick to the more rational explanation of rain...

#82059 Jul 5, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Genesis Account and Dinosaurs
While the radioactive dating method is innovative, it is still based on speculation and assumption. In contrast, the Bible account in the first chapter of Genesis simply states the general order of creation. It allows for possibly thousands of millions of years for the formation of the earth and many millenniums in six creative eras, or “days,” to prepare the earth for human habitation.
Some dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) may indeed have been created in the fifth era listed in Genesis, when the Bible says that God made “flying creatures” and “great sea monsters.” Perhaps other types of dinosaurs were created in the sixth epoch. The vast array of dinosaurs with their huge appetites would have been appropriate considering the abundant vegetation that evidently existed in their time.—Genesis 1:20-24.
When the dinosaurs had fulfilled their purpose, God ended their life. But the Bible is silent on how he did that or when. We can be sure that dinosaurs were created by Jehovah for a purpose, even if we do not fully understand that purpose at this time. They were no mistake, no product of evolution. That they suddenly appear in the fossil record unconnected to any fossil ancestors, and also disappear without leaving connecting fossil links, is evidence against the view that such animals gradually evolved over millions of years of time. Thus, the fossil record does not support the evolution theory. Instead, it harmonizes with the Bible’s view of creative acts of God.
Actually dating methods are based on several different concepts... There are 100's of dating methods... All require testing and verifications...

While the rest of that cut and paste crap is Idiotic I will say at least you have come past the earth being 6000 years old... That a good first step at rational thought....
Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#82060 Jul 5, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually dating methods are based on several different concepts... There are 100's of dating methods... All require testing and verifications...
While the rest of that cut and paste crap is Idiotic I will say at least you have come past the earth being 6000 years old... That a good first step at rational thought....
See how confused you are? Jehovah's Witnesses NEVER said the earth was 6,000 years old! No we said man has been on the earth 6,000 years. If you are going to post something as being reliable at least get your facts straight!

“Workers of the world unite!”

Since: Mar 10

Thorstein Veblen

#82061 Jul 5, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to just cut in completely off topic but you are the only person I can contact with an intellect and capacity for objective thought that might render an intelligent observation:

The Higg's Boson.

Did they catch it yesterday and if so.....what does it really mean?

Just wandering......your oft-times friend and compatriot in logic, Pro-Freedom Phil!

Peace and truth be unto you!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jordan Church (Apr '17) 4 min Yallneedjesus 14
Arbys westside (Mar '12) 6 min SMH 10
shasta maupin 27 min Wow 24
Lori T 37 min DNA 11
pierre green (Jul '13) 2 hr misinformed 43
It's Already Started 3 hr BLM terrorists 34
Kmart frankfort closing 3 hr Kkkmart 43

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance