Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147213 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#77760 Apr 25, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Better watch it, I may be old but I'm kinda scrappy...
Good.
TruthIS

Somerset, KY

#77761 Apr 25, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Better watch it, I may be old but I'm kinda scrappy...
Not at all superstitious either are ya LOL.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#77762 Apr 25, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever!
I LIKE it! LOL
Thanks!
Your welcome, I actually like a lot of assorted religious art, some of the most spectacular structures in modern history are Churches, Temples, Synagogs and Mosques... One of my photo sets I take is Country Churches.. I have a bunch of shots of many throughout Knox and Clay counties...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#77763 Apr 25, 2012
MOONRAKER wrote:
<quoted text>Doing good to others is only part of being a christian, that is benevolence, and can be performed by non-christians. Being a christian is following after the doctrine of Christ, and his teachings. If you live to be 150 you will never find true happiness in this life, if you do it will only be fleeting, and then it will be gone. Because once you reach old age you will realize that it seems like only yesterday that you were a small child. It will be over before you know it. Life on earth is only for a little while, but life of the spirit is eternal. True happiness comes to those who gain the not only knowlege but the wisdom to know that God is life and the maker of it.
Now why would you think an atheist is not benevolent? We do not do good just to be good with god, we do good because we like to.
We do not have to be told to be benevolent like you Christians do. I am sure anyone who thinks they get points to get into heaven is doing good in a non benevolent way. So you guys sometimes have to be told to be benevolent. How silly that is.

London, KY

#77764 Apr 25, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
That picture...is truly awesome.
How anyone could look at it, and not feel compassion, is beyond what I could ever fathom.

That's very nice for you to say, I'm glad you liked it...

London, KY

#77765 Apr 25, 2012
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all superstitious either are ya LOL.
Nope, can't say I am....
looking for hope

Somerset, KY

#77766 Apr 25, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You've watched "Passion of the Christ" too many times.
The bible devotes only a few verses to that which Mel made a movie of.
Matthew
27:26 Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
27:27 Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the common hall, and gathered unto him the whole band of soldiers.
27:28 And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.
27:29 And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
27:30 And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.
27:31 And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.
27:32 And as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name: him they compelled to bear his cross.
27:33 And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull,
27:34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
So he was whipped, wore a crown of thorns, spit upon (not terribly painful), hit on the head with a "reed," mocked (again, not painful), and given something nasty tasting to drink. He didn't even have to carry his own cross. Doesn't sound like "beaten within an inch of his life" to me.
Yes, crucifiction had to be very painful, but not for the reason you think. It was the position of the body while hanging that caused pain and death.
A person can't breathe. And that is why they don't die quickly. They slowly suffocate. The spear in the side was a kindness. A quicker death.
Jesus (if he ever existed) died because he annoyed the Jewish and Roman authorites. Not for some transcendental reason thought up years later by Saul/Paul when he invented Christianity.
If you think this is the worst that Jesus Christ experienced while dying you have no understanding of his death .
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#77767 Apr 25, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
"I can't make a rebuttal so I'll just go back to abortion."
May Satan open your eyes and show you that tax dollars are not used for abortions.
And before you link to Fox News saying otherwise (as I know you're dying to do), Planned Parenthood may have received federal aid, but they were not allowed to use it for abortions.
Maybe you should read up on the Stupak–Pitts Amendment.
What a dip!
You KNOW they did NOT spend that money on Breast exams!
98% of what they do, is KILL BABIES!
You are so blind by your hatred of Morality...
It will be all over, and you will curse yourself for being a dip,
and wishing you'd have listened to yo Momma!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#77768 Apr 25, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome, I actually like a lot of assorted religious art, some of the most spectacular structures in modern history are Churches, Temples, Synagogs and Mosques... One of my photo sets I take is Country Churches.. I have a bunch of shots of many throughout Knox and Clay counties...
Cool!
But for your own safty... Do NOT...
I repete... Do NOT, put a Christ figure on a Mosque...
LOL

London, KY

#77769 Apr 25, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Cool!
But for your own safty... Do NOT...
I repete... Do NOT, put a Christ figure on a Mosque...
LOL
How bout a Mosque with a mushroom shaped Halo above it....
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#77770 Apr 25, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout a Mosque with a mushroom shaped Halo above it....
LOL!
We know that they'd love one above our capital!
I cannot condone casualties on either side, but they can watch!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#77771 Apr 25, 2012
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) accused President Obama of campaigning on taxpayer funds in response Wednesday to the president's goading of lawmakers to act on a bill to extend low student loan rates.

In a hastily-arranged press conference, Boehner accused Obama of political theatrics in his two-day tour of three college campuses in swing states. In those stops, Obama assailed Republicans in Congress for holding up legislation that would prevent an increase in student loan interest rates.

"You know this week, the president is traveling the country on the taxpayer's dime, campaigning and trying to invent a fight where there isn't one and never has been one on this issue of student loans," the Republican speaker said on Capitol Hill.

"Let's fix the problems for young Americans and leave the campaign theatrics for the fall," Boehner added.
reported on msnbc

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#77772 Apr 25, 2012
looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think this is the worst that Jesus Christ experienced while dying you have no understanding of his death .
You Christians are the ones saying how awful it was.
I don't thing it happened at all.
It's a myth.
There have been dying/reborn gods for a very long time.
Yours was not the first.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#77773 Apr 25, 2012
I don't "think" it happened at all.
looking for hope

Somerset, KY

#77774 Apr 25, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You Christians are the ones saying how awful it was.
I don't thing it happened at all.
It's a myth.
There have been dying/reborn gods for a very long time.
Yours was not the first.
I'd guess mine was the only one that thought of you as he was dying .
Just thinking out loud

Richmond, KY

#77775 Apr 25, 2012
Even if kids are taught in school!! They go home to their parents and thats their rolemodles. People who dont want bible in school should stop using it for free babysitting in the summer.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#77776 Apr 25, 2012
looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd guess mine was the only one that thought of you as he was dying .
And why would that would be your "guess?"
The others were also dying that Life might continue.

All dying/reborn gods were symbolic of the cycle of Life/Death.
Only Christianity stops the cycle by positing an eternal "heaven/hell."
It is (for lack of a better word) unnatural.

If there is one thing that we can truly see and know, it is that ALL things change. Nothing exists in a static condition.
(All you scientific types please correct me if I am wrong about this)

London, KY

#77778 Apr 25, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is one thing that we can truly see and know, it is that ALL things change. Nothing exists in a static condition.
Ifn we get past the flowery stuff, Yup.. All matter in the universe is in constant state of change...
looking for hope

Somerset, KY

#77779 Apr 25, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would that be my guess because that's the very reason he was dying to start with . You are right ,It is un-natural .
Yes all things do change life goes from first being spiritual to earthly back to spiritual again .
Nothing exists in a static condition . You are thinking way to earthly .
Well

Richmond, KY

#77780 Apr 25, 2012

Wel I sure understand you Mr Duquette I was and atheist aka idiot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bevin moves ahead with plan to dismantle Kentuc... 27 min Sam 73
Jan....??? (Sep '09) 49 min wtf 29
I hate a drunk 54 min Free stuff 17
kristina morales 5 hr qhats 1
UK Sucks 7 hr KITTYS 68
Cash Express Versailles Road 7 hr Tuttles 4
hottest guys at COT(commonwealth office of Tech... (Oct '11) 8 hr Best Thread EVER 70
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages