Anyone in Frankfort taking Suboxone

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Worried

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2009
My question is I haven't been able to find out a lot of information, side effects of suboxone. Just wondering if anyone out there has or is taking it and what there, if any, side effects.
uncle

Frankfort, KY

#2 Aug 24, 2009
Drowsiness. This drug is a lifesaver - money saver.
I wish that people that are addicted to pain pills go to self refind here in Frankfortt & get their & their family lives back.

This is one post on here that all can trust!!
Wondering

Frankfort, KY

#3 Aug 25, 2009
Suboxone will make you sick but it is worth it. And if you try to do another drug on top of the Suboxone... watch out!! lol You'll be puking your guts up!
It's a good recovery drug.
BeenThere

Mount Sherman, KY

#4 Aug 25, 2009
Just be sure to take it properly and you won't get sick. There are two drugs in Suboxone.They must be dissolved under your tongue or you'll get the wrong drug first.
fejfdkfsdf

Mount Sherman, KY

#5 Aug 25, 2009
how much does it cost to get these? Or what do you have to do?

“Knowledge is power.”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6 Aug 25, 2009
There are clinics set up.. look it up on the internet!
uncle

Frankfort, KY

#8 Aug 25, 2009
fejfdkfsdf wrote:
how much does it cost to get these? Or what do you have to do?
Call SELF REFIND here in Frankfort & set up an appointment.$350.00.
You will get the suboxone same day & start living life again.
This is a lot cheaper in the long run & you will feel so much better.

As long as you take it right, you will not get sick!!!!!
worried

United States

#9 Aug 25, 2009
I take suboxone, I should have been more clear. I have been on these four years. My question is I have noticed thing about myself, things I am not happy with, I guess in the long run it is a small price to pay, but I have #1-gained weight, and can't lose it. #2- feel like I have no short term memory, sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind. And 3rd, how I will ever not take these now. How I will ever not be addicted to these or how this will ever end. I would like to one day not take anything, but I can't foresee that.
worried

United States

#10 Aug 25, 2009
I guess I a just wondering if anyone else out there is experiencing any of these things, so that I know if it's me, or the medicine. I would like to know if anyone has ever taken them and then successfully, stopped all drugs then after?
uncle

Frankfort, KY

#11 Aug 26, 2009
You gained weight because you got your apetite back & wasn't spending all your money on drugs & can afford food now.
Eat right and exercise, I have a feeling that you are not doing this.

Short term memory is one of the side effects of any opiates. The more you worry, the worse it is.

It is up to YOU, You need to tell your doctor that you are ready to start tapering your doses.
The normal tapering is one half pill less per day- for a month ( assuming you take 8mg/2mg pills)

After a month, they will taper another 1/2 pill per day - per month. It takes a few months to do.
If you are taking 24 mg. per day, then you are looking at about 6 months of tapering.

This medicine is the easiest of all to get off from. Chill & quit worrying :)
You got the worse of it over with.
Worried

United States

#12 Aug 27, 2009
uncle wrote:
You gained weight because you got your apetite back & wasn't spending all your money on drugs & can afford food now.
Eat right and exercise, I have a feeling that you are not doing this.
Short term memory is one of the side effects of any opiates. The more you worry, the worse it is.
It is up to YOU, You need to tell your doctor that you are ready to start tapering your doses.
The normal tapering is one half pill less per day- for a month ( assuming you take 8mg/2mg pills)
After a month, they will taper another 1/2 pill per day - per month. It takes a few months to do.
If you are taking 24 mg. per day, then you are looking at about 6 months of tapering.
This medicine is the easiest of all to get off from. Chill & quit worrying :)
You got the worse of it over with.
I am definately no where near ready for not taking the Suboxone, I have run out and oh no, not yet- it is the worst withdraw I have yet to experience. I am out right now, and I can feel every nerve ending in my body!!! So, if I could find an alternative I would, but I can't.
Worried

United States

#13 Aug 27, 2009
You are right, I guess I am not "not eating" anymore- I used to not eat when I took pain pills, so I wouldn't "waste" the buzz. But I do have an appetite with Suboxone, it is just still really hard for me. I am 37 and I have been using something or another since I was just a teenager, like 15. And I come from a family of drug users, it was the norm rather than an addiction for me. I can't even bein to imagine myself being strong willed enough to not take anything, I would find a way...
Local Gal

Louisville, KY

#14 Aug 27, 2009
First off let me just say congratulations on coming off pain pills, etc. and trying to take back control of your life. Have you tried looking online (besides here) for any support groups or what not for people taking this? I have to admit that I had to go and look this up to find out exactly what it was. However, I'm in the process of coming off of Paxil, which isn't nearly as strong a drug as what you're on I'm sure, but am having a horrible time coming down off of it with the withdrawal symptoms. I'm doing the whole feeling the nerves twitch and all that and it makes you want to just stay on the drug to avoid all that! I hope that you can find a support system to help you through this process of being on it and then coming off of it when you are ready for that. Good luck!
Idiots

United States

#15 Aug 27, 2009
I wish I could find a support group, especially for people that take suboxone, that I know, would know, what I am going through.
worried

United States

#16 Aug 27, 2009
I remember taking Paxil, I went through the same thing!
Local Gal

Louisville, KY

#17 Aug 28, 2009
What did you do about it? Just deal with it or switch to something else? It's driving me up the wall. I've also noticed (as well as have been told) that I'm becoming quite the bitch since I've started coming down off of it. I don't know if that's the medicine doing that or just my true personality coming back out. LOL If I hear or see of any support groups for the suboxone I will definitely let you know!

“Knowledge is power.”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#18 Aug 28, 2009
Idiots wrote:
I wish I could find a support group, especially for people that take suboxone, that I know, would know, what I am going through.
Try finding NA group. Narcotics anonymous. A good friend of mine is on her 187th day clean. She gives most of the credit to the amazing support from NA.
girl

Mount Sherman, KY

#19 Aug 28, 2009
I was once on Paxil for panic attacks and they screwed me all up. I dont even remember the few weeks I was on them. I got switched to Celexa
FormerUser

Mount Sherman, KY

#20 Aug 28, 2009
Good grief dude.
I did smack for three years. Just quit outright. This is what happens:
On the second day you get a visit from the diarrhea fairy. You will get chills, your nose and eyes will run, you will be irritable, and everything in your body will hurt. This will ONLY last another 1-2 days. After that, its just a month or so of trouble sleeping and depession. You will thank yourself later, believe me.
Keep some Immodium and Benadryl on hand for the symptoms. It doesn't last long at all. Its not hard at all if you want to do it bad enough.
Rehab

Frankfort, KY

#21 Aug 28, 2009
Idiots wrote:
Self Refind in Frankfort has a support group one day every week. Check it out. Anyone is welcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam Edelen and his career as a corrupt, Self-S... 16 min The King of Frank... 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min Family Man 142,445
older woman for text buddy 47 min Decent Man 6
Campfire Kitchen 1 hr Billy Boo Pole Knot 22
Amy Beard 1 hr Thatstheone 11
Louis bowen 4 hr Eric 8
Any Ladies Named Amy? 5 hr Amy Less 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages