noah

Chicago, IL

#24 Dec 8, 2012
What if we believe in the wrong god? I guess we'll burn together then, huh? Blah blah blah...Leave it to a buncha christian Jesus freaks to start quoting the bible after someone calls bull $H!+. The only things you think you know come from a book written by MAN. Not god. Not Jesus. Just man's interpretation of ancient events that change from version to version. Grasping for hope that there is an eternal afterlife is evidence of the human inability to accept mortality and nothingness. Don't forget to donate to the church tomorrow...because god wants you to.
Be Careful

Frankfort, KY

#25 Dec 8, 2012
tommy madison wrote:
<quoted text>Ok so it's logical we came from monkeys?! Haven't seen any of the apes or gorillas at the Louisville or cincinatti zoos have any human babies. Or be smart enough to let themselves out their cages yet so much for evolution!!!! Oh god is illogical because you can't see him! Well I can't see your brain so you must not have one!!! Oh if that's not enough disprove there isn't a God!
Lets see, the story starts with a talking serpent offering a woman an apple and she eats it, so the Old Testament God gets really pissed. The New Testament God is a little less harsh, I guess because he got his point across.

The Sky Spook has been ending the world for years (supposedly) and we're still here. Here's a novel idea: live your life and stfu about your beliefs outside of church.
Be Careful

Frankfort, KY

#26 Dec 8, 2012
Death wrote:
<quoted text>REVELATION 8:7-10
The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.
8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water—

Revelation 21:1
King James Version (KJV)

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Matthew 6:34
King James Version (KJV)

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

If I understand my BIBLE, the world will change as we know it. Not end. Since the world changes everyday, I think we all will adjust and go on with our lives. I may be wrong but I'm not going to worry about it.
Uh oh, here come the quotes out of the Good Book. You can use that book for any argument you want and there's a passage that will back it up.
Content02

Frankfort, KY

#27 Dec 8, 2012
American wrote:
All of you disbelievers are going to burn in hell someday then we will see who is laughing and who is getting there flesh chewed up and burn for eternity. And the saddest part about it all is CHRIST died for idiots such as yourselves. And the one person that says He will come as a thief in the night and not even the Angels in Heaven would know. But when that day comes and he splits the Eastern Sky. You are going to be on your knees begging for his forgiveness.Matthew 7:21-23 reads: "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
31 “When the Son of Man shall come in His glory and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory.
32 And before Him shall be gathered all nations, and He shall separate them one from another as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats.
33 And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand,‘Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35 For I hungered, and ye gave Me meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took Me in;
36 naked, and ye clothed Me; I was sick, and ye visited Me; I was in prison, and ye came unto Me.’
37 Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying,‘Lord, when saw we Thee hungering and fed Thee, or thirsty and gave Thee drink?
38 When saw we Thee a stranger and took Thee in, or naked and clothed Thee?
39 Or when saw we Thee sick, or in prison, and came unto Thee?’
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them,‘Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye have done it unto Me.’
41 “Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand,‘Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I hungered, and ye gave Me no meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave Me no drink;
43 I was a stranger, and ye took Me not in; naked, and ye clothed Me not; sick and in prison, and ye visited Me not.’
44 Then shall they also answer Him, saying,‘Lord, when saw we Thee hungering or athirst or a stranger, or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister unto Thee?’
45 Then shall He answer them, saying,‘Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to Me.’
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into life eternal.”
I don't believe Nostradamus or the Mayans know more then my father or the Angels in Heaven.
And When God decides to destroy the world as he did in Noah's day, Then and only then will you know the truth. But unfortunately it will be to late. May God have mercy on your lost souls.
Well said,and Amen !
save-us

Winnebago, IL

#28 Dec 9, 2012
Obama=Messiah! It's been proven
happy happy

Lemont, IL

#29 Dec 9, 2012
Glad to see so many sheeple waking up to this god tactic. That bible some of you love so much also promotes rape and genocide. Doesn't sound so all loving to me
FYI

United States

#31 Dec 9, 2012
You better read the bible front to back. And not just pick and choose passages out of context. For one it is a sin and you will be punished for it. READ,READ, READ,PRAY, PRAY, PRAY !!!! AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR BE CAST OUT INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE!!
FYI

United States

#32 Dec 9, 2012
save-us wrote:
Obama=Messiah! It's been proven
you are plain stupid if you believe that.
Uhm

United States

#33 Dec 9, 2012
Obama the messiah ok sure. Then you are Satan. And Jesus never will touch this earth again. He will be coming from the Heavens where he will split the EASTERN SKY. So see its impossible thank you very much!
bam

Elmwood Park, IL

#34 Dec 10, 2012
The only thing that's gonna split the sky is that nuke from n Korea heading this way to kill us all. See you all in hell.
Ugh

Frankfort, KY

#35 Dec 10, 2012
bam wrote:
The only thing that's gonna split the sky is that nuke from n Korea heading this way to kill us all. See you all in hell.
Kill us all? You must think these weapons are more potent that they are. Too bad for New York or Washington, but I seriously doubt any Kentucky town is a target.
forsure

Elizabethtown, KY

#36 Dec 10, 2012
Ugh wrote:
<quoted text>
Kill us all? You must think these weapons are more potent that they are. Too bad for New York or Washington, but I seriously doubt any Kentucky town is a target.
Yes sorry to bust your bubble, FT KNOX and FT CAMPBELL would be on the top of the list!! think again moron!!
meyou

United States

#37 Dec 10, 2012
If god did exist he is one comandment breaking muthafucka! Research the origins of these many books that in the bible. Repeat there is no historical evidence of jesus the christ ever existing. Only 4 historical writings mention a jesus and every single one have been proved forgeries for decades. It's evolved pagan sun worship and u dont even know it. You people are liers and insane, so called being visited from a holy ghost and a god that does noooothing. Its all blind faith and you can eat it up all you want. Jesus and all many before him share the virgin birth, number of disiples, death, baptism ritual, sold for silver, and the list goes on. Alot of the modern bible came from the book of the dead.
litswd

Frankfort, KY

#38 Dec 10, 2012
the world ending in a couple weeks? we couldn't get that lucky.
sacredcow

Chicago, IL

#39 Dec 10, 2012
No one knows how the world will end. No one knows how the world began. The bible does not tell the future, nor is it a good book. Full of contradiction and discrepancies. And so vague to interpret any way you would prefer. How convenient to justify such behavior all through history.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#40 Dec 10, 2012
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us." The Bible is the inspired (i.e. breathed out) word of God.

God is.

As for this world ending in a couple of weeks... I'm not holding my breath.

But I am looking forward to the day when Jesus, God incarnate, The Word, comes back.

Come, Lord Jesus. And if it's in a couple of weeks, that would be cool :-)
sacredcow

Beloit, WI

#41 Dec 10, 2012
The bird is the word! Everybody's heard about the bird. Do any of you guys research anything other than what the bible tells you? How many other lords have the same exact stories as Jesus? Exactly. Sheeple are so gullible. It's no wonder the rest of the world hates us.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#42 Dec 10, 2012
Gosh, for your sake SacredCow, I hope you're right and I'm wrong. We'll find out some day.
sad

Lawrenceburg, KY

#43 Dec 10, 2012
I never thought there were so many unbelievers in this world until I discovered topix. I was always taught to believe in God and the bible and I cannot believe any other way. I know there is a God because He has answered to many prayers for me when I was at my wits end. The next time your world is falling apart,just give prayer a chance! Just my opinion!
SWF

Frankfort, KY

#44 Dec 10, 2012
Now one.. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
married man 1 hr mee 12
sasha (Sep '13) 1 hr mee 33
Informants 2 hr mee 23
Hazel Martin (Jul '09) 2 hr morning news 13
Franklin co schools 4 hr Kegger 3
Boycott Speedway peoole 4 hr Kegger 6
WTF gas is $1.71 in Bowling Green 4 hr Jeff 2
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web