'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 20 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#36742 Apr 17, 2012
The nation's borrowing needs will remain high based on projections of future deficits. The Congressional Budget Office expects the federal deficit will total $1.17 trillion for this budget year, which ends Sept. 30. That would give the country four consecutive years of deficits topping $1 trillion

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2012-04/D9U61V...

Since: Oct 11

Middlesboro, KY

#36743 Apr 17, 2012
Egyptian Presidential candidate,
And ultraconservative Islamist Hazem Salah Abu Ismail was cut because his mother was found to be a naturalized U.S. citizen, in violation of a law that says a candidate must have two Egyptian parents. Abu Ismail claims that official documents proving his mother's American citizenship are forgeries provided by officials in Washington in collusion with the ruling generals in Cairo.
Does this stuff get any better? LMAO!!!!

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/04/17/3...
frank

Oakland, CA

#36744 Apr 17, 2012
here it is the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And the presidents borrow from the SS fund to make their numbers look better as in Clinton to make it look as if he had a surplus when he left office. Key word here is borrow because none of them ever pay back what they borrowed which means they steal from the SS fund. Same as with the treasury. There are so many acceptable political lies and tricks and loopholes nobody will ever know the true dollar amounts. Just look at what Pelosi and Reid and Obama did with the dollar amount they presented to the CBO. Even before the forced healthcare law has gone into full effect the CBO has announced that Obama's forced healthcare will cost triple of what Pelosi and Reid and Obama claimed. So the numbers we get from the government websites are really nothing more than smoke and mirrors and lies and tricks and loopholes set up to make the reigning prez look good or at least better. They can be and some are the biggest thieves on earth but the way we have allowed politicians to behave they will look like Mother Teresa before leaving office. This gang of democrat politicians in office being the biggest mothers of all!
You would be wrong, Presidents do not borrow money Presidents do not make laws those responsibilities lay strictly with congress! Your zeal to smear Obama is beyond the pail! Obama’s budget has plenty of critics, but, in the end, he’s a pragmatic liberal who’s willing to compromise for the sake of fiscal sustainability!
frank

Oakland, CA

#36745 Apr 17, 2012
watchutalkinbout wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey numbnuts, you're the one who linked some guy in his bedroom as a source on the issue of the national debt.
Sorry Bubba, some guy in bedroom knows what he is talking about :-)
Cheif Sitinfullofit

Elkhorn City, KY

#36746 Apr 17, 2012
here it is the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And the presidents borrow from the SS fund to make their numbers look better as in Clinton to make it look as if he had a surplus when he left office. Key word here is borrow because none of them ever pay back what they borrowed which means they steal from the SS fund. Same as with the treasury. There are so many acceptable political lies and tricks and loopholes nobody will ever know the true dollar amounts. Just look at what Pelosi and Reid and Obama did with the dollar amount they presented to the CBO. Even before the forced healthcare law has gone into full effect the CBO has announced that Obama's forced healthcare will cost triple of what Pelosi and Reid and Obama claimed. So the numbers we get from the government websites are really nothing more than smoke and mirrors and lies and tricks and loopholes set up to make the reigning prez look good or at least better. They can be and some are the biggest thieves on earth but the way we have allowed politicians to behave they will look like Mother Teresa before leaving office. This gang of democrat politicians in office being the biggest mothers of all!
yep ! dirty pices of sh!t when the comes for them to leave they will have full pockets . Hidden in many ways nothing but pure criminals on the people back .
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#36747 Apr 17, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be wrong, Presidents do not borrow money Presidents do not make laws those responsibilities lay strictly with congress! Your zeal to smear Obama is beyond the pail! Obama’s budget has plenty of critics, but, in the end, he’s a pragmatic liberal who’s willing to compromise for the sake of fiscal sustainability!
Two or three things you forgot.Obama owns the Senate and did have the entire Congress two years.He got his Health Care with bribery.
He has spent with out a budget so there is none to discuss.They are just talking about getting a budget on his last of four years before the election.The ones he presented did not even pass the Senate he owns.Obama also wons the Treasury Secretary.He has spent with the Tresury and Senate approval some 5 trillion in these 3 1/2 years ,money borrowed.
Your zeal to give him a pass,is beyond the pall.
Just now we are getting the news of the GSA overspending $820,000 for fun and games.He has known about this since May of last year.Where is the openness and honesty?He has shown no leadership or honesty since taking office.This Country(WE) all have been duped.
When there is no leadership,honesty,morality at the top,there is none down the line!!
The Irate Republican

Ford City, PA

#36748 Apr 17, 2012
The incompetent democrat wrote:
<quoted text> Answer this one Irate. If someone comes up and smacks your teeth out what are you going to do? I for one would fight back!! I forgot your a coward,you would beg please dont hit me ill do anything you want just postpone the fight!lol
Ha! You obviously know absoluteness nothing about me nor my demeanor. What, am I suppose believe that you are the one to present me with that assault? Oh, and now I'm supposed to be a coward huh? Did you stand up for what was right when george wmd bush cheated on both elections, or was you just another spineless chickenshit that let him have his way with our country? If you didn't stand up for what was right when george wmd bush cheated, then you were, and are still the real coward, and part of the problem with out country. Now, should I be afraid of your post? What color is the fear warning for the day. I need to know how feared I'm supposed to be. Go back to your rush puffing you little mealy mouthed puke!
Prosecute the bush cartel/crime family!

TIR

“The Usurper FAILED”

Since: Apr 11

Americans

#36749 Apr 17, 2012
The 9/11 attacks were carried out because of a lack of “empathy” for others’ suffering on the part of al-Qaida, whose terrorist ideology “grows out of a climate of poverty and ignorance, helplessness and despair,” President Obama once explained in largely unreported comments eight days after the mega-terror attacks that rocked the nation.

Obama, then an Illinois state senator, went on to imply the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks were in part, a result of U.S. policy, lecturing the American military to minimize civilian casualties in the Middle East and urging action opposing “bigotry or discrimination directed against neighbors and friends of Middle-Eastern descent.”

http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/why-obama-thinks-a...
Jay

Paris, TN

#36750 Apr 17, 2012
If you haven't seen this already I hope you enjoy this for a change of pace.

What the hell happened to OUR country while we were gone?"

As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan , I witnessed the following:

When we were on our way back from Afghanistan , we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards. Our first stop was Shannon , Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard.

That's where the stupid started.

First, everyone was forced to get off the plane-even though the plane wasn't refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off.

We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.

It's probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of course, the weapons weren't loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.

The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it re-inspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through.

After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to re-inspect our Cargo-just to inspect us again: Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, re-inspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.

This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.

So we're in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they're going to confiscate his nail clippers.

The conversation went something like this:

TSA Guy : You can't take those on the plane.

Soldier: What? I've had them since we left country.

TSA Guy : You're not suppose to have them.

Soldier: Why?

TSA Guy : They can be used as a weapon.

Soldier:[touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I'm allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy : Yeah but you can't use it to take over the plane. You don't have bullets.

Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?

TSA Guy :[awkward silence]

Me: Dude, just give him your F**K**G nail clippers so we can get the F**K out of here. I'll buy you a new set.

Soldier:[hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security]

To top it off, the TSA demanded we all be swabbed for "explosive residue" detection.

Everyone failed,[go figure, we just came home from a war zone], because we tested positive for "Gun Powder Residue".

Who the Hell is hiring these people?

This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns-but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.

Can someone please tell me,

What the hell happened to OUR country while we were gone?

Sgt. Mad Dog Tracy
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

#36751 Apr 18, 2012
Jay wrote:
As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan , I witnessed the following:
When we were on our way back from Afghanistan , we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards. Our first stop was Shannon , Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard.
First, everyone was forced to get off the plane-even though the plane wasn't refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off.
We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.
It's probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of course, the weapons weren't loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.
The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it re-inspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through.
After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to re-inspect our Cargo-just to inspect us again: Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, re-inspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.
This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.
So we're in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they're going to confiscate his nail clippers.
Soldier:[touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I'm allowed to take it on.
TSA Guy : Yeah but you can't use it to take over the plane. You don't have bullets.
Me: Dude, just give him your F**K**G nail clippers so we can get the F**K out of here. I'll buy you a new set.
To top it off, the TSA demanded we all be swabbed for "explosive residue" detection.
Everyone failed,[go figure, we just came home from a war zone], because we tested positive for "Gun Powder Residue".
This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns-but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.
Sgt. Mad Dog Tracy
The George W. Bush Administrations Homeland Security and Fearmongering Society.
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

#36752 Apr 18, 2012
Jay wrote:
Sgt. Mad Dog Tracy
I should have added.......and the Barack Obama Unrepealed Patriot Act.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#36753 Apr 18, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Abu Nidal? A militant Palestinian splinter group also known as the Abu Nidal Organization(ANO). It isn't only that you’re an ignorant wingnuz; it’s your beyond-the-pale comments and positions that fall way outside acceptable norms of discourse. In your world, of wingnuzery, rhetorical excess is all that's required to gain attention, truth and intellect be damned. Why the feverish portrayal of anyone who expresses views that differ from yours. Rather than trying to define political and philosophical differences, you resort to ridicule and browbeating!
You obviously do not know the magnitude of Abu Nidal.
And, you obviously pretend to be ignorant of history.
And, you obviously prretend to be ignorant of who Obama is.
I'm sure you've read the documented association of Obama with the Communist Party USA (Frank Marshal Davis) and the documented association with communist front organizations in Chicago (Vernon Jarrett) and the documented association of Obama with domestic terrorists (William Ayers) and the institution of Marxist communism within our government (Vallerie Jarrett.)
Do we really have to go through all of that again just to answer your denials?

Back to the issue:

It's 9/12.
What do you do?
Do you surrender to the Islamist terrorists?
Do you do the usual Bill Clinton response and just lob a few cruise missiles in their general direction?
Do you do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets?(And some-f**king-how expect something different to happen?)

Or, do you do it like Bush and win?

Before Obama, the Taliban and Al Qaeda were confined to the mountainous tribal regions and combat was centered there.
Obama ordered combat against the Taliban and Al Qaeda cease, and all US combat units to retreat to the population centers.
The key mistake of the Soviets was that they concentrated in the population centers. Bush concentrated in the mountains where the Taliban was.
When Obama ordered US forces to retreat to the population centers, he created the exact same situation that caused the Soviets to be unsuccessful there.
All the Taliban and Al Qaeda had to do was merely follow Obama's retreat.
Now, they are imbedded into the population again.
When the average Afghan looks around, he doesn't see anything different than when he looked around at the Soviets.
That was not true with Bush.

Can you give any explanation as to why Obama ordered US forces to stop fighting the Taliban and Al Qaeda and retreat to the population centers, doing the exact same thing that caused the Soviets' failure there?
Was it ignorance? Or, was it treason?
Hey

Grayson, KY

#36754 Apr 18, 2012
I'll vote(IGNORANCE)..
Hey

Grayson, KY

#36755 Apr 18, 2012
LurkerLooky wrote:
The 9/11 attacks were carried out because of a lack of “empathy” for others’ suffering on the part of al-Qaida, whose terrorist ideology “grows out of a climate of poverty and ignorance, helplessness and despair,” President Obama once explained in largely unreported comments eight days after the mega-terror attacks that rocked the nation.
Obama, then an Illinois state senator, went on to imply the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks were in part, a result of U.S. policy, lecturing the American military to minimize civilian casualties in the Middle East and urging action opposing “bigotry or discrimination directed against neighbors and friends of Middle-Eastern descent.”
http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/why-obama-thinks-a...
That must be why he's trying so hard to get us to that level,I think we pretty much got the poverty part down,And if you are admireing the way he said that US policies caused 9/11 I'll not argue that because I think in part it's right, But why does Ron Paul get booed everytime he says it??
Hey

Grayson, KY

#36756 Apr 18, 2012
Sorry for double post..
Hey

Grayson, KY

#36757 Apr 18, 2012
Now how the hell did that happen?? LMAO!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#36760 Apr 18, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>That must be why he's trying so hard to get us to that level,I think we pretty much got the poverty part down,And if you are admireing the way he said that US policies caused 9/11 I'll not argue that because I think in part it's right, But why does Ron Paul get booed everytime he says it??
Because most people understand that if the United States didn't exist, the Arabs would just hate that other nation/culture/society that occupied the place the United States currently occupies in the world.
It's not about specific US policies. To them, because we're not Arab, and not muslim, our prominence in the world is unjust. In a just world, the Arab musliims would rule.
The United States is the only reason the Arab world today has a different living standard than they had before the United States became the most significant influence in the world. Yet, in spite of the overwhelming beneficial impact the United States has had on their lives, they are indoctrinated in hatred of the United States. If the United States didn't exist, they'd be indoctrinated in hatred of some other country.
wtf

Jackson, KY

#36761 Apr 18, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Because most people understand that if the United States didn't exist, the Arabs would just hate that other nation/culture/society that occupied the place the United States currently occupies in the world.
It's not about specific US policies. To them, because we're not Arab, and not muslim, our prominence in the world is unjust. In a just world, the Arab musliims would rule.
The United States is the only reason the Arab world today has a different living standard than they had before the United States became the most significant influence in the world. Yet, in spite of the overwhelming beneficial impact the United States has had on their lives, they are indoctrinated in hatred of the United States. If the United States didn't exist, they'd be indoctrinated in hatred of some other country.
Would that Country also bomb the he'll out of them regularly like the US does?

Lmfao

You idiot.
Hey

Grayson, KY

#36762 Apr 18, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not agree that we should not be the policeman of the world???
Hey

Grayson, KY

#36763 Apr 18, 2012
I've got a friend that has been in Bosnia for 20yrs..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min Yes and Amen 136,718
Comer is done 33 min Buford Pusser 4
Buffalo Trace Distilleries layoffs (Feb '11) 1 hr shame on you 52
Christian Oppression on the rise 1 hr Atheist 87
debit card 2 hr cardlost 4
Darky is mad in baltimore there is a watermelon... 5 hr Hank jr 8
Matt Gilbert (Jul '09) 8 hr lorin 22
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]