capital city auto sales

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ffort girl

Frankfort, KY

#1 Oct 5, 2011
buyer beware! do not buy from CAPITAL CITY AUTO SALES, the vechicles are junk. we bought a car in july and it is now just the beginning of october, it will not start, the trunk won't even open. Paying 250 a month, it is not worth it. Got over 3000 tied up in it. Don't want anybody else to get suckered in to a lemon.
Frankfort

Frankfort, KY

#2 Oct 5, 2011
Thanks for the warning. I know it sucks having car problems.
just so you know

United States

#3 Oct 6, 2011
They are currently being investigated by the Kentucky Auto Dealers Association. They are selling cars that have rebuilt titles and aren't telling people, plus when they say that they are going to fix your car they are using parts from a junk yard or taking them off of other cars that dont run on the lot. You can go to the KASP car auction and get better cars for less money. They go to the auctions and buy the cheapest cars they can find, then take them back and duck tape, super glue or whatever to make them appear better than they are. STAY AWAY I'd you don't want to waste your money.
just so you know

United States

#4 Oct 6, 2011
They are currently being investigated by the Kentucky Auto Dealers Association. They are selling cars that have rebuilt titles and aren't telling people, plus when they say that they are going to fix your car they are using parts from a junk yard or taking them off of other cars that dont run on the lot. You can go to the KASP car auction and get better cars for less money. They go to the auctions and buy the cheapest cars they can find, then take them back and duck tape, super glue or whatever to make them appear better than they are. STAY AWAY If you don't want to waste your money.
ikno

Aurora, IL

#5 Oct 7, 2011
I bought a vehicle from them a few months ago I drove around for.almost a month with no air conditioning, then the car started messing up and died out on me 2 months after I had it I called and told them I wasn't making another payment until they fixed it and they came a few hours later and repossed it.... I lost eve 4gs on it, they also lie about the year the vehicle was made in they wait it was an 04 it really was a 98
ffort girl

Frankfort, KY

#6 Oct 7, 2011
my husband has cancer and his wheelchair was in the trunk and could not open the trunk without the car, he had to beg Chris (who runs the place) to come and get his wheelchair out. He did not come the man who came to reposs the car, got the trunk open for us. We have learned that Chris is the son in law to the owner who is an agent for State Farm. I have called to get the car transferred back to the them and they will not answer the phone, real nice way to run a business. I hope they go out of business.
ikno

Bourbonnais, IL

#7 Oct 7, 2011
They didn't even notify me that they were going to reposes it they just came and took it
sore

Lawrenceburg, KY

#9 Oct 8, 2011
i feel all pf yall because i bought a 2002 nissan altima from them about two years ago, i traded a car with 18,000 miles on it in and gave an additiona 5995.00 for the car as well. two months after i got it i had to rebuild the motor. i did the work myself and it still costed me 2300.00 for just the parts. its wrong to lie and decive people and i believe that what u do to others will come back to u so dont worrie peopl their day will come..
crazy

Louisville, KY

#10 Oct 9, 2011
The owner is Jack Shepard and he lives in Versailles and Chris is his son in law. He has another car lot in Lawrenceburg and its the same way. Rebuilt cars with rebuilt titles, everything Jack Shepard does is crooked, he is a huge con man. If you need to reach him though call him at the STate farm agency in Versailles next to Wendys. Thats where the snake is.
law

United States

#11 Oct 9, 2011
If you purchase a rebuilt vehicle, it is law that you must also sign a separate form , not the buyers guide, not the purchase order, an acknowledgement statement with the words I acknowledge I am purchasing a rebuilt vehicle for this sale to be legal! If you did not sign this you should seek legal help.
Buyer Realist

Frankfort, KY

#12 Oct 10, 2011
Instead of badmouthing these two individuals get a job quit screwing up your credit/allow yourself to borrow money an maybe this wont happen to you. Mr. Shepherd does not own another lot in Lawrenceburg, that would be owned by Bill Casson which is public record. Lets get our facts straight as well. There is also a form for all rebulit vehicles.
Cindy

Frankfort, KY

#13 Oct 10, 2011
Is this the place in the old KFC on the east side of town? Do they pedal drugs like most scum used car salesman?
Josh

Frankfort, KY

#14 Dec 27, 2011
There seems to be something going on there. I have heard of many saying the same things. Chris does not seem professional at all. Is this a buy here pay here place. Maybe someone will start looking deeper into this car sales.
humfree

Hollywood, FL

#15 Dec 27, 2011
Yes it is....
Hunter

Frankfort, KY

#16 Dec 27, 2011
Where is this lot located? Is this a good place to find a good used car? Has anyone had good luck with a car here? Day seems to be a good place.
toughguys

United States

#18 Dec 27, 2011
Beat their f....n ass..dude is a b...h anyways.He could guarantee getting roughed up alot.I would guarantee to get my moneys worth too.The more $ I lost,the more ass I would kick...plain and simple...

Chris
Hunter

Frankfort, KY

#19 Dec 27, 2011
How does it work to buy a car there and you pay them and not a bank? Do they work on it there too if it breaks down? I have never used that type of payment.
Serge

Frankfort, KY

#20 Dec 27, 2011
I think you pay them every week.
Versailles Guy

Versailles, KY

#21 Jan 19, 2012
What does this form look like. I don't remember signing anything that says rebuilt title. What steps do I need to sue because I think in going to do it.
I have a cop friend that bought a Nissan Maxima, 2007 or 2008 model and it quit working on him some years ago. I should have listened to him but I thought he was just joking.
Someone needs to do something to there's guys that steal money from hard working individuals!
Onetime

Frankfort, KY

#22 Jan 19, 2012
What's the deal with this lot? There is something not just right. The Chris that works there does not handle himself like a professional. If you call the car place and ask questions he acts like he has no clue what's going on. I think something shady is going on there with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
see slamm!!!!! 1 hr NEW GUY 4
Stephanie Ronae Spayd (Jul '13) 3 hr do i have a chance 17
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr HistoricallySpeaking 131,885
Jeff Hancock new County Clerk Loser 3 hr didnt know 3
Shave genitals (Aug '12) 4 hr 13th grader 27
macadoos going in the toilet again !!!!!!!!! (Oct '11) 4 hr jamie 26
Hudson Hollow steakhouse opening 4 hr Cliff Side 47
No smoking at state office buildings 8 hr Too funny 163
Lookin for young, cute, girl do simple things f... 11 hr jessica 17
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Frankfort News, Events & Info