Search Dogs scratches vehicles finds ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wow

Nicholasville, KY

#29 Feb 1, 2013
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>No if you refuse they will hold you bring the dog and still search you.Under new law it's called probabl cause. No matter if you refuse they still will do it.
That's not what probable cause means. And there's nothing new about probable cause. Never give permission to search. If they search anyway, without permission and do find something, they (cops) will have to prove they had probable cause (good reason to believe you had or were doing something illegal) to do the search or your case will be dismissed unless you are stupid enough to go ahead and plead guilty. If you refuse and then they bring in the dog and find something, they will have to prove they had probable cause to bring in the dog. In my opinion, only a fool ever gives police permission to search anything.
wow

Nicholasville, KY

#30 Feb 1, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur a dumbass.
Why do you call him a dumbass? For exercising his constitutional right to be free of unreasonable search and seizure??? Sounds like you're the dumbass, dude.
Harry

Lawrenceburg, KY

#31 Feb 1, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you call him a dumbass? For exercising his constitutional right to be free of unreasonable search and seizure??? Sounds like you're the dumbass, dude.
He takes a staunch attitude towards the police while claiming to have never been arrested. Most police do not try to search every vehicle they stop. I would say there is something that catches their attention. This is their job to catch and out smart criminals. He should support them instead if an attitude against them.
DMR

Frankfort, KY

#32 Feb 2, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
He takes a staunch attitude towards the police while claiming to have never been arrested. Most police do not try to search every vehicle they stop. I would say there is something that catches their attention. This is their job to catch and out smart criminals. He should support them instead if an attitude against them.
Wow.. Youre the dumb ass. Theres a big difference between having an attitude towards the cops and protecting your own rights as a citizen. No ones saying give an officer of the law any attitude, or mouth off. Just simply when an officer asks, keyword asks, to search your vehicle or property, you have the right to refuse. Now if he decides to search anyways, of course be respectful. Allow them to search but be verbal about not giving consent in case they do find something, or dont find something and tear your car up so that they can be liable for damages. And yes most officers Id say are on the up and up. But Ive been pulled over for a minor traffic offense and asked for my vehicle to be searched several times. Not every time Ive been pulled over, but enough times not to be surprised when it happens. Unfortunately I "Fit The Description". If you dont look a certain way or give off a vibe that you may be up to something, then it probably happens less for you. Thats a small blessing, Enjoy it. But for anyone else that just wants to get from point A to point B that may be more subject to search then others, know your rights. Thats all we are saying.
Harry

Lawrenceburg, KY

#34 Feb 2, 2013
DMR wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.. Youre the dumb ass. Theres a big difference between having an attitude towards the cops and protecting your own rights as a citizen. No ones saying give an officer of the law any attitude, or mouth off. Just simply when an officer asks, keyword asks, to search your vehicle or property, you have the right to refuse. Now if he decides to search anyways, of course be respectful. Allow them to search but be verbal about not giving consent in case they do find something, or dont find something and tear your car up so that they can be liable for damages. And yes most officers Id say are on the up and up. But Ive been pulled over for a minor traffic offense and asked for my vehicle to be searched several times. Not every time Ive been pulled over, but enough times not to be surprised when it happens. Unfortunately I "Fit The Description". If you dont look a certain way or give off a vibe that you may be up to something, then it probably happens less for you. Thats a small blessing, Enjoy it. But for anyone else that just wants to get from point A to point B that may be more subject to search then others, know your rights. Thats all we are saying.
What do you mean u look a certain way. Do u have tattoos on your face or neck? If you look like a thug then I am sure the police may give you special attention, as they should. They have decipher good people from bad. Sometimes people look like thugs and are great people. Sometimes people that look like good people are sexual predators. Either way the police have a job to do, Catch bad guys.
DMR

Frankfort, KY

#35 Feb 2, 2013
Nope no tats. Some places all you have to do is wear a hoodie when its raining to be labeled a thug. Doesnt take much. But Ive passed an officer who had his blinker on to turn right, suddenly change his mind and turn left to follow me through a residential neighborhood before. Not often. Again just enough, maybe once or twice a year to know hes building a profile and running my plates. Yeah thats their job I guess. But doesnt mean I should give up my rights to help him "Do his job". That would be simply Un-American.
Harry

Lawrenceburg, KY

#36 Feb 3, 2013
DMR wrote:
Nope no tats. Some places all you have to do is wear a hoodie when its raining to be labeled a thug. Doesnt take much. But Ive passed an officer who had his blinker on to turn right, suddenly change his mind and turn left to follow me through a residential neighborhood before. Not often. Again just enough, maybe once or twice a year to know hes building a profile and running my plates. Yeah thats their job I guess. But doesnt mean I should give up my rights to help him "Do his job". That would be simply Un-American.
I agree with you. Don't give ip your rights. Also don't blame the police for giving a potential suspicious subject ( wearing a hoodie ) walking or driving in the same area they have had break ins or something. If u had ur house or car broke into, u would want the police investigating individuals in the area right?
DMR

Frankfort, KY

#37 Feb 3, 2013
OF course, but we are talking about 2 different things. If I feel like Ive been stopped and questioned when Ive done nothing wrong and have no information to add, then Im going to ask if Im being detained, and if not Ill be on my way. Once I was in Lawrenceburg one night using my phone trying to find an address of a girl I was trying to go see. I must have looked suspicious so someone called the cops. I wouldnt let them search my vehicle, so they told me I had to leave Lawrenceburg. Im sure they couldnt legally do that, but I complied. Better that then have my vehicle searched over nothing. And Ive actually had my house broken in to. I knew who did it, and even gave them the address. They didnt even look in to it. Had some expensive rides that were chained to my back porch stolen. Police filled out a report, but of course that was it. A friend told me where they were, and I went and got it back on my own. I have nothing against the cops. They can check out whoever they want. But my time is too precious to be a part of a search if Ive done nothing wrong. So Ill avoid it if I can.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#38 Feb 4, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur a dumbass.
How am I a dumbass? Because I have never had my vehicle searched because I know the proceedure and conditions that makes a search legal? Do expands you babbling into some coherent and complete thought.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#39 Feb 4, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
He takes a staunch attitude towards the police while claiming to have never been arrested. Most police do not try to search every vehicle they stop. I would say there is something that catches their attention. This is their job to catch and out smart criminals. He should support them instead if an attitude against them.
Let me explain something to you, dumbass.

My mother AND father are retired police officers in another part of the state. I have NO attitude towards good cops. Period. Police officers fed, housed, clothed and raised me. I have NOTHING but the utmost respect for the uniform. PERIOD. You cannot construe anything I said into anything different.

I am a free citizen. I have NO arrest record. I have never done illegal drugs, only an OCCASIONAL alcoholic beverage every now and then. There has never been, nor ever will be, "probable cause" to search my vehicle. Therefore, I will never willingly submit to a search. If they want to search my vehicle, it is simple. 1) arrest me for a valid charge. or 2) bring a search warrant.

If they have no probable cause and you "look" like someone who may have drugs (and yes, many times you can tell by looking at people, sorry if that offends you) or something to hide, though they have nothing more than a "hunch" or "cop instinct," they will ask. Most people who are ignorant of their rights, out of fear will submit. As long as you give permission, then anything they find is legally obtained. Once you say "yes" it is a legal search. So why make it easy? ESPECIALLY if there is an outside chance you may have something.

Believe it or not, just because a person wears a uniform, doesn't make them an authority on the law. Sadly there are many officers across the country who violate peoples rights every day. There are many officers who are not dirty per se, but will use a badge and a gun to pressure people into things they have the right to say no to. I have seen it. Every cop wearing a uniform has seen it.

If there job is to catch bad guys, then I won't have a problem. I'm not who they are looking for and they can drive along. I have been pulled over in this county for stupid reasons. Reasons that were totally bogus and made up. I have declined permission to search my vehicle 3 times in this county since I moved here in 94. When they asked, I had the same questions for them:

1) am I under arrest?
NO
2) do you have a search warrant?
NO

"Then no sir, you may NOT search my vehicle unless one of these two conditions are met."

So I have NO attitude good cops. But just the same, I have ZERO respect for cops who give the uniform a bad name. Those few can smear the reputation of thousands who go out and serve their communities with honor and integrity every day.
Wondering

AOL

#40 Feb 4, 2013
advice wrote:
just a word of advice- at night, make sure your little light around the license plate is working. Period. That is all the reason ANY Officer needs to pull you over-whether you think you violated any law or not. SO- keep that little light working or step (1) for law enforcement just got easier. If they give you a warning...good for you. The fine is minimal...costs two seconds. The daytime excuse to see what your up to is the 'seatbelt'...so buckle...for real.
I've got two lights above my license plate one was out and I got pulled over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 23 min yabadabado 148,978
Mass murder again 40 min Traveler 8
Thieves on Mount Zion Road 57 min Beulah 31
My Balls are itchin so bad 1 hr hmm 11
Jenny Hurst 2 hr Curious George 10
Leawood apts 2 hr Just wait 53
Anyone Else Feel "Embarrased" After Reading an ... 2 hr Hang hillary 17
Moter cycle wreck 127 20 hr Really 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages