retrial for Robert Hollon?
Lisa

Lexington, KY

#23 Jan 12, 2011
when is the retrial? Is he currently still in prison?
vvv

Simpsonville, KY

#24 Jan 12, 2011
yes he is in prison, idk when the re-trial is.
Lisa wrote:
when is the retrial? Is he currently still in prison?
ARTICLE

Simpsonville, KY

#25 Jan 16, 2011
The Kentucky Supreme Court has reversed a Franklin County murder conviction based on a claim of ineffective appellate counsel.

Justices sent the case against Robert Hollon, 51, back to the trial court for further proceedings.

Hollon was found guilty of intentional murder in 1996 and was sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility of parole for 25 years.

Justices found that Hollonís appointed appellate attorney had failed to raise a due-process challenge regarding an accompanying burglary charge.

Hollon is incarcerated at Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex, a medium-security prison in West Liberty.

He was convicted of killing Robbin White in 1996.

Whiteís 11-year-old daughter returned home after a visit with her father, Keith White, June 24, 1994, and found her mother lying in a pool of blood. Police determined she had died from blunt force trauma and knife wounds.

The investigation led to Hollon, who had visited the house in preceding days and worked on the mailbox.

Hollonís abandoned car was found in Knoxville Aug. 16, 1996. He subsequently walked into the Jacksboro, Tenn., police station, saying he was wanted for murder.

Originally accused of murder and robbery, the defendant was convicted of murder but acquitted of robbery.

His motion to vacate the judgment because of ineffective counsel was filed March 6, 2000.

long lost cousin of rob

Commerce, GA

#27 Mar 4, 2011
i am in his family and i pray he rots in prison i have known him all my life and he is the devil
To Long Lost Cousion

Frankfort, KY

#28 Mar 4, 2011
Well long lost cus...Rob has a very large family. Which devil did you spring from?
knew her

Simpsonville, KY

#29 Mar 4, 2011
I hope the bastard dies in prison.
Scott

Commerce, GA

#30 Mar 4, 2011
He murdered someone without any good reason.
What is wrong with the counsil?
He did it, no question about it.
He wasn't framed.

Anyone who could do something like this really doesn't deserve a second chance.
He's always been violent, prison doesn't exactly make one less violent now does it?
If anything I'd say he's probably worse for society now than he was.

I just hope he doesn't get out.
To Scott

Frankfort, KY

#31 Mar 4, 2011
For someone who wasn't around Rob, or anyone else in the family for most of your life, you sure know alot NOW don't ya? See ya' around cuz...
Your stupid

Simpsonville, KY

#32 Mar 7, 2011
Scott wrote:
He murdered someone without any good reason.
What is wrong with the counsil?
He did it, no question about it.
He wasn't framed.
Anyone who could do something like this really doesn't deserve a second chance.
He's always been violent, prison doesn't exactly make one less violent now does it?
If anything I'd say he's probably worse for society now than he was.
I just hope he doesn't get out.
Thank you. You said it best! You have no idea how much that means coming from a family member. I don't want anyone to be hurt in this situation. I just want justice for my friend.
also cuz

Midway, KY

#33 Mar 11, 2011
I hope the bastard rots in prison,sat through part of trial could not set through it all it was horrible what he did to that poor woman,and another thing he always tried to sexually abuse his cousins growing up,im one of them and was told by plenty of others same thing happened to them.SO YEA YOU SICK BASTARD ROT IN HELL..YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN DEATH!!!!!!!
sad

United States

#34 Mar 11, 2011
I know his daughter and I know what happened when she found her mom. I don't care how strange the circumstances were. He still killed her and left her for those babies to see and he didn't even care! Hell no he doesn't deserve another trial. He deserves much worse then a jail cell!
Let me tell you

Simpsonville, KY

#35 Mar 17, 2011
God bless her children. I hope they are doing well, and hopefully they won't have to go through a re-trial. If your reading this girls... I was a dear friend of your moms and I still miss her so much. She was such a good person, and very thoughtful of other people. You should feel very proud to have such a special woman as your mom. I'm so sorry she was taken from u all. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Another Friend

Winchester, KY

#36 Mar 17, 2011
Robbin was a wonderful person and such a loving and devoted mother. Her girls were her heart and soul and the evil, cruel monster who so brutally murdered her should never be set free. The man is guilty of the murder of a vibrant, beautiful and greatly loved young woman. Having had ineffective counsel cannot change this fact. He needs to continue to rot in prison.
Our Brother

Frankfort, KY

#37 Mar 21, 2011
To Also Cuz

As far as Rob's re-trial goes, opinions are like a@@holes...everybody has one, but you've gone too far. I'm amazed that you think you can get on a public forum, hiding behind an idiotic screen name, and make such slanderous comments. If you are so stupid to think that no one can trace your i.p. address and discover who you are, you are WRONG. What you have done is break the law. You may very well find yourself in another courtroom soon, with YOU AS A DEFENDANT, in a trial, defending your slanderous comments.

“Lock Up The Drug Dealers..”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#38 Mar 22, 2011
cop wrote:
I pray for Robert Hollon, I pray that he rots in HELL.
I agree Rob was a Good Friend but it was a matter of time he would killed his Ex. If he gets out he probably Will Because there son Died.He Did Love His Kids.
Howlingwolfdawg

Frankfort, KY

#39 May 10, 2011
Well I will make this as sweet as possible, I know you Rob when Mike, Wayne ,Gary ,Philip ,Mark, me was hanging around and was not impressed back then, and definately not impressed now either. I'm the husband now so don't think about coming around, you will not like the out-come. I guarentee that.As an ex-Army infantry soldier, I would sujest you stay where you are or take on a better life elsewhere..If ya get my drift....But I will protect MY family by any and all means. Have a nice day :)
Howlingwolfdawg

Frankfort, KY

#40 May 10, 2011
Angry In Frankfort wrote:
<quoted text> I agree Rob was a Good Friend but it was a matter of time he would killed his Ex. If he gets out he probably Will Because there son Died.He Did Love His Kids.
I was the first on the scene of the accident and saw the brain matter leaking from his eyes, ears ,nose and as his step-father I live with that vision everyday of my life.And since it was our niece that was the driver we was cheated out of hating anyone.I called in my pastor and had him Baptised in the name of our father,we was there for the 8 days of hope living at UK Hospital.Rob's best bet at life would be to stay wjere he is or try life at a different state cause I WILL PROTECT MY WIFE AND FAMILY AT ALL COST, and he was nothing back in the 70's and he's nothing now...
Just a thought

Winchester, KY

#41 May 10, 2011
Tell your wife hello from an old friend at work Howlingwolfdawg. She is a kind soul and I am so sorry for the pain she has had in life. I pray that God blesses her. And that Robert Hollon remains in prison where he belongs.
sleepyincourt

Frankfort, KY

#42 May 13, 2011
I was at the trial also and a fair and just trial was not given. the judge actually slept during testimony!!!!!!!!!!
And the so called "lawyers" could not get a traffic violation a fair trial. He deserves to be tried fairly. He still maintaines he is innocent. lets see. give him a chance to prove this if it is true.
to our brother

Frankfort, KY

#43 May 19, 2011
rob was not given a fair and just trial.. i was in court for some of it but not much. it didn't take much for me to know how it would end. he had no defense. the judge slept the whole time and the defense team was out of .......... i don't know where such incompetent people come from its kinda sad that we have those people right here in frankfort. i think he deserves to at least have someone be able to defend him in a way that they believe he is innocent. he should have a second chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
red or Andrea i think 1 hr TFfrankfort 19
Ricky Maupin and Candice May 2 hr Jenifer 7
Who had Hep- A at KFC? 7 hr Uncle cracker 12
where did sweger finish 11 hr Had this guys vote 4
Doug 11 hr Okay 12
Does anybody know Dennis Bourne or how I can re... (Sep '17) 12 hr really 14
Dan Barker METH head. 13 hr Junkie Theft 2

Frankfort Jobs

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages