First Prev
of 2
Next Last
my2cents2

Frankfort, KY

#1 Sep 17, 2012
Is this an okay neighborhood to live in (up beyond the flood zone)? Bad neighbors, crime, drugs, police visits or quiet?

Since: Sep 12

United States

#2 Sep 17, 2012
isnt that holmes street basically?
KSU

Frankfort, KY

#3 Sep 17, 2012
It is scumville if you ask me. Holmes st. trash and rednecks is mostly what I see there. Don't move there.
my2cents2

Frankfort, KY

#4 Sep 17, 2012
Thornhill is the neighborhood off Holmes Street. Bellepointe is across the river - Kentucky Avenue.
ugh

Frankfort, KY

#5 Sep 17, 2012
The top part is not bad. my mother lived there for years and never had any trouble. There were a lot of kids running around playing but that is it.
Yo yo

United States

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Bellepoint is great place to live.... A few of the houses are in bad shape. But most are ok
use to live there

United States

#7 Sep 17, 2012
It's a good place to live! When will you people learn! This is not a sight for good sound advice!
trash

United States

#8 Sep 17, 2012
I looked at houses there and I wouldn't pay for a homeless person to live in that neighborhood. Gross! Run down houses and trashy people.
spook

Huntington, IN

#9 Sep 17, 2012
KSU wrote:
It is scumville if you ask me. Holmes st. trash and rednecks is mostly what I see there. Don't move there.
Scum is every where landings,eastmain and south frankfort.People should'nt be judged for where they live!! Oh i heard they use to hang people down by thre dog pound...Frankfort (all) has become a bad place period!!
Resident

United States

#10 Sep 18, 2012
Bellepoint is a nice place to live. The residents in bellepoint are nice people and keep to themselves for the most part. The only issue down there is the trash that rents and then destroys the property. A lot of houses down there and have been fixed up and are pretty nice. There are some houses that are run down that the city needs to have torn down. It is a lower income part of frankfort but its no where near as bad as landings or Holmes street. Not too many drugs there either. Like i said the problem is the temporary trash that rents but crappy trashy renters like that are usually there for a month or two before they're evicted or move on. It has a nice walking park and most everyone is friendly and nice
my2cents2

Frankfort, KY

#11 Sep 18, 2012
Thank you, Resident! The upper part seems nice enough when driving through there, and t's close enough to walk or bike to downtown. I wonder if the hangings down by the dog pound have anything to do with all the problems that place has had!
fur real cuz

Frankfort, KY

#12 Sep 18, 2012
I like it cuz there aint to many blacks down there.
correct

Demotte, IN

#13 Sep 19, 2012
fur real cuz wrote:
I like it cuz there aint to many blacks down there.
Thereis less out in the country..
Bellepoint

Versailles, KY

#14 Sep 25, 2012
People parked down by the pound are usually just trying to catch fish off below lock # 4.
ladie

United States

#15 Sep 25, 2012
Catch fish? or catch a good narc deal? Come clean
KingOfClineStree t

Frankfort, KY

#16 Sep 25, 2012
It's a good neighborhood, I live here and very few problems with neighbors.
mnajett

Frankfort, KY

#17 Sep 26, 2012
Narc deal? Someone watches too much tv.
Dabney Street

Frankfort, KY

#18 Sep 27, 2012
Been renting on the the same property for nearly 14 years, and only have 1 problem with the next door neighbor always starting shit, and some (if not most of the neighborhood kids) like to start stuff too. We usually keep to ourselves, and so does everyone else. Real nice and quite neighborhood. I do agree that there are quite a few rundown houses in Bellepoint (one is 2 houses up from Kentucky Ave. on Dabney) but the city doesn't want to take care of anything down here. If we could get the city to take care of what they're supposed to take care of, and the slumlords to make their places look nice again, it would be a really lovely neighborhood again.
wtf
#19 Sep 28, 2012
can we just say quire family is pill dealers down there thats all that needs to be said about that place other then that might be an ok place to live if that got that trash out of town
Disappointed

Frankfort, KY

#20 Oct 1, 2012
moved to brawner street couple months ago and have not had any problems besides all the kids running through your yard,on your porch and yelling all the time.I think every kid in Bellpoint stays on brawner.Does parents not watch their kids anymore?I'm talking small kids! I'm guessing half of them don't care where their kids are, as long as they are not in the house bugging them! The traffic on brawner is awful!!!! Always speeding! Kids are always riding bikes in the road. Something needs to be done! Parents need to watch their kids and the speeders need to be caught!!!!!Also saw drug deals right in front of my house.Would be nice if police would step up patrol here.Let make the people that live here feel safe. And please, parents watch your kids!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt bevins fold the cards 26 min Hang hillary 52
Mass murder again 1 hr Just wait 17
Mason's 2 hr Net Historian 12
Mental Health Warrant (Sep '09) 2 hr Hang hillary 84
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 148,998
Thieves on Mount Zion Road 3 hr Hang hillary 37
Chaulk mouth MF's b sayin my ride is clean and ... 4 hr waiting 3

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages