Recycling in Franklin Co

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

changing

Frankfort, KY

#1 Feb 8, 2010
How does one go about recycling in Franklin Co? Do I have to call someone to get a bin? What do they take here?

“Never stop learning.”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 9, 2010
changing wrote:
How does one go about recycling in Franklin Co? Do I have to call someone to get a bin? What do they take here?
I don't know, but if you find out, post it on here.
in frankfort

Frankfort, KY

#3 Feb 9, 2010
Have you tried contacting city hall next to the fire dept. and plant board office?

“Never stop learning.”

Location hidden

#4 Feb 9, 2010
I'm in the county. I called three times for the recycle bin the company said we had to use and never got one.
Trey

Frankfort, KY

#5 Feb 9, 2010
There is a dump station for recycling at the City of Frankfort Division of Solid waste. Its located at 301 Rouse Ave and is open to county residents.

“Never stop learning.”

Location hidden

#6 Feb 10, 2010
Trey wrote:
There is a dump station for recycling at the City of Frankfort Division of Solid waste. Its located at 301 Rouse Ave and is open to county residents.
Thanks, Trey.
call

Frankfort, KY

#7 Feb 10, 2010
Call the city sanitaion dept, and they will give you the number to call for a bin. They will drop it at your house.
mel

Frankfort, KY

#8 Feb 10, 2010
We put ours out in a laundry basket. They take it all the time and leave the basket. We do cans and milk bottles, ect. They run very early though. Usually before the trash gets picked up.
Trey

Frankfort, KY

#9 Feb 10, 2010
I actually drive one of the recycling trucks for the City. We do take recycling in containers other than the red bins, but if you need a bin and you live in the city limits all you have to do is call the Sanitation Dept/Division of Solid Waste and we will get you a bin. We take all recyclables other than styrofoam. We take glass, but not curbside. You must bring all glass to the recycling center. We also recycle old computers, radios, and cell phones, which we refer to as e-scrap.
that chick

Brea, CA

#10 Feb 10, 2010
Trey wrote:
I actually drive one of the recycling trucks for the City. We do take recycling in containers other than the red bins, but if you need a bin and you live in the city limits all you have to do is call the Sanitation Dept/Division of Solid Waste and we will get you a bin. We take all recyclables other than styrofoam. We take glass, but not curbside. You must bring all glass to the recycling center. We also recycle old computers, radios, and cell phones, which we refer to as e-scrap.
I live in an apt complex, and would never be able to get my stuff to the site, how could I get my stuff picked up?
unome

United States

#11 Feb 10, 2010
i live in an apt they told me to set mine outside the bin and someone would pick it up mine disappeared dont know who took it
Trey

Frankfort, KY

#12 Feb 11, 2010
that chick wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in an apt complex, and would never be able to get my stuff to the site, how could I get my stuff picked up?
We do not service any of the apt complexs in frankfort, so im not sure how to go about recycling if you cant make it to the dump station.
trash

Lexington, KY

#13 Feb 13, 2010
dont the trash collecters do it for you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you want to watch drug deals 46 min big drugs 21
Why has Larry Perkins put signs up again ? 1 hr 127 man 33
Bye pat 1 hr pig chaser 3
Frankforts cheapest gas prices 1 hr LOL 7
Threads will be flagged for Moderator review 3 hr Kytim6482 48
The Madison TN Troll 3 hr __Evil-_-Bill__ 32
next to staxx 3 hr Kytim6482 368
corruption.. jullian carrol- pat melton 15 hr Conservative 29
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match