Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

I think it's high time we have a credible Republican take on our County Judge. Throwing these token candidates is a waste of our time and money. Derrick has an election under his belt, experience in public speaking and he is Young and not a 50 year politician like Ted Collins.. Time for Teddy to go. Run Derrick Run
Farm boy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Rumor has it Kenneth Hockensmith might run against Ted.
Another democrat

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Robert Roach jr would win hands down if he ran.
Farm boy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Maybe Robert Roach senior,He was a good judge,just as was Kenneth Hockensmith.
anyone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Anyone except Ted! He is a joke!
Warhorse

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

I've also heard about Butch running for County Judge but that's just trading one OLD warhorse for another one. I want a guy who can turn a computer on, walk more than 50 ft without running out of breath and a guy who is not building a kingdom. I want someone to govern us. We need to get rid of all these old people running our county. Magistrates are ok because they look out for us but Ted is for Ted or his hired family members. We need new fresh ideas with the ability to carry them out. I hope mr. Napier runs against our current county judge. We need him more than he needs us.
Derick for Judge

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

He would be a great option
All is One

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Warhorse wrote:
I've also heard about Butch running for County Judge but that's just trading one OLD warhorse for another one. I want a guy who can turn a computer on, walk more than 50 ft without running out of breath and a guy who is not building a kingdom. I want someone to govern us. We need to get rid of all these old people running our county. Magistrates are ok because they look out for us but Ted is for Ted or his hired family members. We need new fresh ideas with the ability to carry them out. I hope mr. Napier runs against our current county judge. We need him more than he needs us.
You must not pay attetion. Ted can't do anything without the magistrates, they are ALL in his pocket.
Why

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

What qualifies Napier for County Judge? He's a police officer and a family man, dos this qualify him for Judge? I don't think so. Is this the same Napier that for for Sheriff? I think it's time to remove Collins and Melton from office and I voted for him in the last election. I believe in the next election that Melton will come if forth, Napier (if he runs) third and two more if they truly seek office.
anyone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Why wrote:
What qualifies Napier for County Judge? He's a police officer and a family man, dos this qualify him for Judge? I don't think so. Is this the same Napier that for for Sheriff? I think it's time to remove Collins and Melton from office and I voted for him in the last election. I believe in the next election that Melton will come if forth, Napier (if he runs) third and two more if they truly seek office.
Hell of a lot more qualified than Ted Collins!
rumor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Rumor has it that Ted picked the wrong employee to bully and the other employees are giving him/her all the info they have on his misdeeds and its all coming out soon. All his lies, squandering of money, hiring of cronies and bully tactics. Even elected officials and department heads are handing over info on a daily basis. He/she hired an out of town attorney. If Ted has done any of you wrong this would be the time to share your story.
Why

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

anyone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell of a lot more qualified than Ted Collins!
You can't give me any reasons?
what

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Because he can read and write, and he can also speak in full sentences.
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

I have had a couple of dealings with Derrick he had a terrible attitude then and I'm sure he has not changed... Again is he seeking political office for the money? He has like a half dozen kids to support and is building a new home I heard.... And seeking office means dirt will be dug up on him . He is also way to young. Maybe in afew years he would ready. As far as Melton goes he is going a fine job with drugs in our home town right now.. no one has ever done this ... If you do not admit that you are wrong.
Farm boy

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

truth wrote:
I have had a couple of dealings with Derrick he had a terrible attitude then and I'm sure he has not changed... Again is he seeking political office for the money? He has like a half dozen kids to support and is building a new home I heard.... And seeking office means dirt will be dug up on him . He is also way to young. Maybe in afew years he would ready. As far as Melton goes he is going a fine job with drugs in our home town right now.. no one has ever done this ... If you do not admit that you are wrong.
i I agree ,we need to look for someone with experience and knowledge of how to run government and represent the people and not himself. It is time for Ted to go.
Question

Coxs Creek, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

If Napier loses this race also, will one of his crybaby supporters get on here and create threads every 20 minutes trashing the winner, like they've done with Melton?
We know Pat

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Question wrote:
If Napier loses this race also, will one of his crybaby supporters get on here and create threads every 20 minutes trashing the winner, like they've done with Melton?
The posters on Pat are people that know him, and that's the bottom line. He's a POS.
Question

Coxs Creek, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

We know Pat wrote:
<quoted text>The posters on Pat are people that know him, and that's the bottom line. He's a POS.
Yeah, I guess whoever Napier loses to for County Judge will become a POS too.
Curious

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

What? Collins could not be found for a comment today? I thought he was a full-time judge?

FROM Today's State Journal By Ryan Quinn:
School resource officers get $38K in back pay
Money goes to 1 current, 2 former deputies who say they weren’t paid for vacation, holidays
The state has ordered Franklin County to pay one current and two former school resource officers a total of $38,346 in unpaid wages for vacation and holiday pay dating back to 2005.
Gregg Muravchick, Roy Rivers and Rick Carrier were paid last month – two years after Rivers and Carrier filed a complaint with the Kentucky Labor Cabinet. The state investigator ruled that their contracts guaranteed them the money.
Carrier was owed $21,245 for the period from Nov. 11, 2005, to June 6, 2011. He received $16,012 after deductions.
Rivers was owed $9,656 for the period from March 13, 2008, to June 6, 2011. He received $7,747 after deductions.
Muravchick was owed $7,445 for the period from Nov. 11, 2005, to Jan. 16, 2008. He received $5,750 after deductions.
School resource officers are deputies with the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office stationed in Franklin County Public Schools buildings.
Franklin County Attorney Rick Sparks said their contracts entitle them to the same benefits due other deputies. Those include vacation and holiday pay that they’d not been paid. Sparks said he solidified contractual language after the complaint to make that clear.
“They weren’t school security guards,” he said.“They were sheriff’s deputies.”
The complaint also led current Sheriff Pat Melton to convert the school resource officers into what he said they should have always been: full-time deputies, not nine-month employees who only worked when school was in session.
<<The payment was quietly approved at the Nov. 8 Fiscal Court meeting. Franklin County Judge-Executive Ted Collins, who Muravchick said was sheriff when the holiday and vacation pay began being denied in 2002, was unavailable for comment.>>GOTTA LOVE THAT WORD, "QUIETLY"

Rest of Story in next post
Curious

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Today's State Journal By Ryan Quinn, continued:
Teresa Barton, judge-executive when the school resource officer program began in 2002, said it was not within Fiscal Court’s jurisdiction or authority at the time to control how Collins paid his school resource officers. Barton, whose term spanned 1998 through 2005, said she was unaware of how the officers were being paid.
Rivers said he believed the program was rushed through and that someone didn’t read the parts of their contracts dealing with benefits. He said the assumption was made by higher ups that they already made too much money – a notion he resented.
”I don’t make a whole bunch of money, but I earn every penny I’m paid,” Rivers said.
Muravchick said he and Carrier hadn’t been paid what their contracts guaranteed since 2002, when they became the first two deputies in the school resource officer program, but the Labor Cabinet investigation apparently only went back five years from the date the complaint was filed.
“I spent six years there and kept asking and demanding it,” Muravchick, 57, said of the benefits.
Muravchick said Collins maintained that they weren’t entitled to the benefits and added that the next sheriff, Steve Clark, didn’t pay the benefits either. Clark was unavailable for comment.
The complaint was filed on Nov. 11, 2010, during the end of Clark’s term and shortly after Melton was elected. Melton said he inherited the problem and, when he became aware of the complaint in late spring of 2011, worked with Sparks to make sure the resource officers received their fair pay.
“The key for me was to make sure they got treated fairly like everybody else,” Melton said. Muravchick and Rivers also said Melton fixed the problem.
Sparks said that once he became aware of the complaint before the Labor Cabinet, he reviewed the officers’ contracts and agreed that they deserved to be paid. He said the Labor Cabinet did not penalize the county for failure to pay.
Rivers, the school resource officer in charge of east side schools, is the only one of the three still working for the county.
The other two current resource officers are Montey Chappell, in charge of west side schools, and Russell Persons, who is centered at The Academy and handles four east side schools.
Muravchick, who retired from the state police, became school resource officer of the east side schools in 2002 and left in 2008 to become executive director of the Justice Cabinet’s Office of Investigations. He is now chief of police at Transylvania University in Lexington.
Muravchick said that though the payout was an unexpected Christmas present, he still didn’t receive all he deserved. He said he had worked at the Sheriff’s Office since 2002 but only received due wages since Nov. 11, 2005. He said he also didn’t receive money for sick days he should have earned.
Rivers, who retired from Frankfort Police and has been a school resource officer since 2008, said the Labor Cabinet has yet to explain why they didn’t receive payment for sick leave.
Jerald Adkins, who investigated the complaint for the Labor Cabinet, was unavailable for comment.
Muravchick said he had asked the sheriff’s office to “work the road” like other deputies when school was out because he didn’t want to work just nine months out of the year. He said the office refused.
“They argued that you are working for the school, not the sheriff’s office,” he said.
So he and Carrier ended up taking odd jobs during the summers for the schools such as mowing, painting and helping with other renovations.
Melton said he now has his school resource officers working the road or helping with systems and accounting when school is out. He said this helps allow other deputies to take time off and helps cut down on part-time staff.
The program was recently increased from two officers to three.
Geez...and there's still more

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Frankfort Forum right now

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min ChristWarrior 122,683
sheriff scandals 12 min Justin 43
drug bust today 28 min Justin 34
Thief steals pastor's wallet in Frankfort church 1 hr Erin Greene 7
The Real Facts Not Sheriff's made up facts 1 hr FPD 11
Hot chick that drives orange car 1 hr Okie dokie 4
fire department 2 hr ehhhh 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Frankfort Jobs

•••