Gays start your own boy scout group
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WWJD

United States

#21 Jan 30, 2013
Ballyhoo wrote:
There are some the believe beastiality to be normal, acceptable, and tolerable too. Not I. And I also choose not to permit my child to associate with those expressing that belief. No. They cannot go to dog or cock fights either. Simply because one chooses to swim the backstroke does not give that person the permission, implied or suggested, to introduce my offspring to it. Intolerance? Not at all. I simply choose not to consume chocolate and I limit that which my child consumes. Not because it's inherently evil, but I know there to be better choices. With that said, my brother passed of aids related TB. Don't try to sell me on the fruits of the gay lifestyle. There is a strong likelihood that he would still be with us today had he taken a different path. No. I won't have someone trying to introduce my offspring into "experimentation". My reasoning is rational and well thought even if offensive to some. Yes, life lessons can be taught by anyone, but there are some lessons that my child will need to wait to learn. My decision. Get over yourselves.
-Had to break up my last post, as it was too long...here's the rest:

I can sense, just from analyzing your reading, how fearful you are that your child will end up being gay. So, what if he is? Does it change who he is or how much you love him? If you answered yes, call the therapist NOW. People such as yourself, who perpetuate this type of thinking, are responsible for the needless suicides of thousands, if not millions, of gay youth each year. Yes, these people need to blame themselves for complicity to homicide. I pray that your child never feels the need to carry things to that degree because of your narrow mindedness. The BSA's actions are only saying, you are a friend and you are welcome in our group, regardless....that's it...
Ballyhoo

Pittsburgh, PA

#22 Jan 30, 2013
No issues to resolve. Thanks for the facts though. I still have an obligation to protect my child and will do exactly that. Regardless of the facts. Don't feel bad for me. I'm quite alright with me as you are with you. Journals of so called facts won't convince me to wrecklessly jeopardize the well being of my child. I've witnessed the damage. I do agree about the chocolate and am familiar with blood borne pathogens and the associated treatments. Still no need to subject my child to them though. As for my need of therapy, I don't advocate a deviate lifestyle. I'm cool with that.
Ballyhoo

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 Jan 30, 2013
The BSA can concede to any pressures that it may find itself subjected to. I, on the hand, control what I concede to. I cannot feel responsible for the suicides of thousands or millions, regardless of thier orientation. Narrow mindedness? Sorry. Call it what you will. Once again, I've witnessed it. I'll not advocate it. I'm confident that the BSA will survive without the support of my family, as will the GLBT communities.
Ballyhoo

Pittsburgh, PA

#24 Jan 30, 2013
Last note. I've not tried to be offensive. I'm respectful of the rights of others. I don't condemn folks of GLBT communities and I do know many. I do however find it bothersome that my rights cannot also be respected. It is completely okay that I not agree and that others not agree with me. Obviously though, some perceive that to be indicative of mental instability. Imagine that. And I guess that makes me wrong. So, I'm wrong.
Ballyhoo

Pittsburgh, PA

#25 Jan 30, 2013
Incidentally, I am also a "professional". That fact doesn't invalidate anyone else's arguement, nor does it strengthen my own. Yea, I'm a professional, but I am a parent first. That is what I consider most important.
WWJD

United States

#26 Jan 30, 2013
Ballyhoo wrote:
Incidentally, I am also a "professional". That fact doesn't invalidate anyone else's arguement, nor does it strengthen my own. Yea, I'm a professional, but I am a parent first. That is what I consider most important.
Pardon, but you still have never addressed what you "think" that your children will be subjected/exposed to, and in as much, from what you are protecting your children. This fact, in and of itself, again results in your posts being seen as meaningless ramblings of a frustrated person with a lot of internalized fear/ignorance/hate. Also, you keep repeating that your job as a parent, and protecting your child, is so important to you. Most people who have to repeatedly endorse and praise oneself for doing what is natural, tend to be compensating for the knowledge that they are doing a shi*ty job to begin with.
Ballyhoo

Pittsburgh, PA

#27 Jan 30, 2013
WWJD wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon, but you still have never addressed what you "think" that your children will be subjected/exposed to, and in as much, from what you are protecting your children. This fact, in and of itself, again results in your posts being seen as meaningless ramblings of a frustrated person with a lot of internalized fear/ignorance/hate. Also, you keep repeating that your job as a parent, and protecting your child, is so important to you. Most people who have to repeatedly endorse and praise oneself for doing what is natural, tend to be compensating for the knowledge that they are doing a shi*ty job to begin with.
The more you type, the less significant you become. You are expressing YOUR frustration. Your repeated condemnation and personal attacks are indicative of that. It matters not to me that you agree, or not. You aren't entitled to an explanation, although I've attempted to pacify your obvious need of one. Do what you feel is natural for you. It matters not if I consider it to be unnatural. You don't need my approval. Sensitive much?
WWJD

United States

#28 Jan 30, 2013
Ballyhoo wrote:
<quoted text>The more you type, the less significant you become. You are expressing YOUR frustration. Your repeated condemnation and personal attacks are indicative of that. It matters not to me that you agree, or not. You aren't entitled to an explanation, although I've attempted to pacify your obvious need of one. Do what you feel is natural for you. It matters not if I consider it to be unnatural. You don't need my approval. Sensitive much?
Not sensitive whatsoever...lmao...I've thoroughly enjoyed analyzing you. Lol, you are the person, dear one, who is getting upset...and your writing indicates that. I find it hilarious, however, that you ramble incessantly, yet provide no intellectual basis for your argument, and no facts. Not frustrated, not sensitive at all...just think you should provide your reasoning/facts, as I have done. But, it's obvious that wont happen....lol.
Ballyhoo

Pittsburgh, PA

#29 Jan 30, 2013
Yea, okay.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#30 Jan 31, 2013
It's not a bad idea. It's much better than joining a hate group.
xxxx wrote:
Title says it all.
Anon

Frankfort, KY

#32 Jan 31, 2013
Ballyhoo wrote:
No issues to resolve. Thanks for the facts though. I still have an obligation to protect my child and will do exactly that. Regardless of the facts. Don't feel bad for me. I'm quite alright with me as you are with you. Journals of so called facts won't convince me to wrecklessly jeopardize the well being of my child. I've witnessed the damage. I do agree about the chocolate and am familiar with blood borne pathogens and the associated treatments. Still no need to subject my child to them though. As for my need of therapy, I don't advocate a deviate lifestyle. I'm cool with that.
So, did you "protect" your child from your brother and his deviant lifestyle? Did you love your brother before AND after you learned of his deviant lifestyle or did you abandon him so he wouldn't jeopardize the wellbeing of your child?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ksu 11 min You Asked For This 10
stefanie weber CHR 1 hr ive seen her 4
david wilson (Feb '11) 2 hr AnnDowney 11
Brian Hibbs 2 hr watchout 1
crystal - used to be cashier at wal mart (Feb '13) 2 hr curious 11
Who will be our next Mayor? 3 hr Lucy 54
Rambunctious 3 hr El Lame-o 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages