United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

It isn't about scouting. It is everything about desecrating anything that someone else may hold as morally straight. It isn't about acceptance. It is everything about forcing or coercing others into embracing compliance. Goodbye BSA.
junkman

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

i am sure they will be sharing tents.and the badges will be for cooking,sewing,shopping,dressm aking,etc.
what is wrong with the world we live in today.
gays should have no different rights.it wrong wrong
wrong.bunch of sickos
funny

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I'll be sure to let all other gays know who you are and what you've been saying about them.
between

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

What a bunch of bigoted idiots.
ANON

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

between-I definately agree. junkman-Just because a guy may be gay, doesn't mean that he is any less interested in learning what the boy scouts learn. It does not mean that they are interested in "girl" things. What about the BSA hiding what some of the leaders have done to boys for years? What does that make those leaders? If they are having sex with boys, doesn't that make them gay also? The same thing with priests. They are the sickos!
between

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sooo.....if there are lesbian girls in girl scouts, are they going to ban them?
Ballyhoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Agreed. Pedophiles are sick. And not to imply that any gay/lesbian individual is a pedophile. Some of us as parents choose to align our offspring with what we deem to be appropriate. I opt not to permit my children to hang with drunkards, gamblers, hookers, addicts, and satanists. Not because they are necessarily "bad" people, but I have an obligation to protect my children from behavior that I consider offensive or possibly influential to thier yet immature rationalization ability. The direction that they may choose to follow in adulthood will be thier choice. I would prefer that another adult not be permitted to instill or advocate that which I object to. This is MY child. Despite what some may choose to believe, raising my child in the manner that I deem appropriate is my obligation and my right and I am free to protect them as I see fit. Obviously, the BSA will not be a future consideration.
bottom line

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

between wrote:
Sooo.....if there are lesbian girls in girl scouts, are they going to ban them?
Queers are queers bottom line.
Ballyhoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Those choosing to be offended by my honesty is free to be offended. I find immoral behavior to be offensive.
ANON

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Ballyhoo-Immoral behavior(mostly by men)is found in a lot of areas. You better watch out at church & in whatever sports you allow your kids to play. They are every where.
Ballyhoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

ANON wrote:
Ballyhoo-Immoral behavior(mostly by men)is found in a lot of areas. You better watch out at church & in whatever sports you allow your kids to play. They are every where.
You're absolutely correct. It isn't my intent to bash, judge, nor condemn. I wish only to protect my children. Atleast up to the point that they desire that I not. I don't believe that to be unreasonable. I do believe it to be responsible.
A change in culture

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Ballyhoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely correct. It isn't my intent to bash, judge, nor condemn. I wish only to protect my children. Atleast up to the point that they desire that I not. I don't believe that to be unreasonable. I do believe it to be responsible.
I tend to agree with you. I realize that homosexual people are now all the rage. What once was a shame is becomming more accepted all the time. And Obama is pushing same sex marriage.
So what is wrong with a 12 year old boy having an openly gay scoutmaster, or teacher, or religous leader? Kids can be shaped and influenced. If their leader is open and above board about who he loves, what will keep my son from getting the ideal that that is the ideal for him?
I wonder if our culture is not already influencing our young males. Are they experimenting more and being conditioned to believe that anything is ok and normal?
xxxx

Portage, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

A change in culture wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree with you. I realize that homosexual people are now all the rage. What once was a shame is becomming more accepted all the time. And Obama is pushing same sex marriage.
So what is wrong with a 12 year old boy having an openly gay scoutmaster, or teacher, or religous leader? Kids can be shaped and influenced. If their leader is open and above board about who he loves, what will keep my son from getting the ideal that that is the ideal for him?
I wonder if our culture is not already influencing our young males. Are they experimenting more and being conditioned to believe that anything is ok and normal?
Yes we have to put our morals and beliefs in our pockets so as not to discriminate against these sick people. why would you encourage gays and or pedifiles into your childrens activities. I wouldnt want my children to be subjected to that. And the one who guarantees that i have a gay child. you are wrong i dont.
My best friend is gay

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

All you haters need to get a clue. Gay's don't wish the life they are dealt on anyone and aren't going to turn your children gay.
Get real

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Are you serious? It isn't about hating and people do have a clue. Recognizing immorality and abnormality while attempting to protect children is right on track. In fact, it is exactly what parents should be expected to do.
WWJD

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

I honestly cannot believe some of the comments that I am reading...you people are something else!! You are in Frankfort, not up in a hollar in Pike Co., and it's 2013, not 1950. From listening to the internal hatred you all have, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you have attempted to purchase a negro in the past....lmao!! Seriously, get a grip and reign in thy self-righteous souls. This has NOTHING to do with what your little self-righteous children are exposed to...don't lie to yourself or anyone else. This all boils down to the hatred you hold for anyone with beliefs different from thine own. Do you seriously think that they are going to start dressing up in skirts and the gay scout leader is going to be bringing his partner along on activities? If so, you are sorely mistaken. The BSA is, however, saying that you one person is just as good as any other. You don't seriously believe that there have never been any gay scoutmaster's until now? Come on. And, for the dumba*s that compared gays to drunkards, gamblers, thieves, or pedophiles, you seriously need to take a long look in your mirror and quit throwing stones fr your glass house that you've built for yourself. Whom one chooses to love, man or woman, has absolutely no bearing upon what type of person they are. A gay person should have the right to love, and marry, whomever they wish. If you aren't part of the marriage, what harm is it to you? The facts speak for themselves, in that 40-60% of all first time marriages (between and man and a woman...you know, the way it's supposed to be) will end in divorce. And, the rates of divorce are higher with each successive marriage. Hmm, sounds to me like the man/woman thing doesn't always work out, either. But, I digress. The scouts being open to everyone is the way it should be, regardless of their race, religion, or sexual preference. Another fun fact, did you know that the majority of violent and/or serious crimes are committed by people who self identify as being straight? But, it's always those darn gays and negro's messing everything up, isn't it? For those of you who wish to remain part of a boys club which doesn't allow people different than you, there's always the KKK...you can even wear a sheet and make campfires. What pathetic idiots. When St. Peter greets you one day and he's in the form of a black man in drag, you're gonna sh*t your pants....lol.
EducateYourself

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

A change in culture wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok - so....if going by YOUR logic, just by being around a gay person, a boy will get the idea that he should be gay too? Are you saying that gay people CHOOSE to be gay? If so, then you're wrong.
Now, let's go to a different scenario, but use your logic from your post.......
You 12yr old boy is a good student and does what you tell him to do around the house, yet his father makes digs at you, puts you down and makes you look stupid. By your logic, your 12yr old boy would be seeing this behavior by a male he looks up to and would think that he should adopt the same way of doing things. Correct?
My point is that just because a 12yr old boy is around a gay man/woman does NOT mean that they will "turn gay". The scoutmaster will not be dressing in drag or wearing make-up or flitting about being afraid of bugs. I'd be willing to bet that he would teach that 12yr old boy how to treat others and not be so narrow-minded on things. Life lessons can be taught by anyone - gay, straight, black, white, rich, poor......you don't have to already thing they're horrible because you fear the difference in that person.
Ballyhoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

There are some the believe beastiality to be normal, acceptable, and tolerable too. Not I. And I also choose not to permit my child to associate with those expressing that belief. No. They cannot go to dog or cock fights either. Simply because one chooses to swim the backstroke does not give that person the permission, implied or suggested, to introduce my offspring to it. Intolerance? Not at all. I simply choose not to consume chocolate and I limit that which my child consumes. Not because it's inherently evil, but I know there to be better choices. With that said, my brother passed of aids related TB. Don't try to sell me on the fruits of the gay lifestyle. There is a strong likelihood that he would still be with us today had he taken a different path. No. I won't have someone trying to introduce my offspring into "experimentation". My reasoning is rational and well thought even if offensive to some. Yes, life lessons can be taught by anyone, but there are some lessons that my child will need to wait to learn. My decision. Get over yourselves.
WWJD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Ballyhoo wrote:
There are some the believe beastiality to be normal, acceptable, and tolerable too. Not I. And I also choose not to permit my child to associate with those expressing that belief. No. They cannot go to dog or cock fights either. Simply because one chooses to swim the backstroke does not give that person the permission, implied or suggested, to introduce my offspring to it. Intolerance? Not at all. I simply choose not to consume chocolate and I limit that which my child consumes. Not because it's inherently evil, but I know there to be better choices. With that said, my brother passed of aids related TB. Don't try to sell me on the fruits of the gay lifestyle. There is a strong likelihood that he would still be with us today had he taken a different path. No. I won't have someone trying to introduce my offspring into "experimentation". My reasoning is rational and well thought even if offensive to some. Yes, life lessons can be taught by anyone, but there are some lessons that my child will need to wait to learn. My decision. Get over yourselves.
To begin with, no one is offended by your simple-mindedness. Not even sure where to begin, as I honestly feel bad for you, as now I know that your inner hate is born of unresolved issues that you have yet to deal with in having a gay brother who, unfortunately, died from an aids-related illness. As a professional, I strongly encourage you to work with a therapist. But, even with your mental illness, I have to address some of your points, so that others realize how wrong you really are. First, the more you post, the further you stick your foot in your mouth. Where in the world do you get the notion that your child is going to be exposed to "experimentation"? It's not as if the BSA is going to have classes on whether water-based or silicone lubes are best. They will still go on hikes, not frolicking in meadow...lol. And, don't expect a BSA-sponsored production of Brokeback Mountain any time soon. I mean, really, be realistic. For you to being gay to beastiality...really? Please provide me with any example of a modern society where beastiality is an accepted practice. Beastiality, along with pedophilia, are both extreme social deviations, and are considered mental illnesses in their own right. Check the DSM-IV. And, you compare being exposed to a gay person to a food which you think is bad for you? Not even sure where you pulled that one from. Btw, fun fact....dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, and has been shown to decrease blood pressure. Now, on to your assumption that being gay means you will die of aids. I think you need to educate yourself on HIV. The current medical guidelines recommend testing all patients under the age of 65 for HIV...they do not specify based on sexual preferences. The fact is, anyone who has unprotected sex with anyone, is at risk for obtaining HIV...it doesn't discriminate. Furthermore, HIV is now considered a chronic medical condition, on the same level as diabetes or heart disease, as it can be managed with medications in the exact same way as those conditions. The only people that develop, or die, from aids in this day and age, are those who don't test and are diagnosed too late, and those who don't take their medications/do what their physician tells them. Again, no different than a patient dying from diabetes or heart disease when they are diagnosed too late or don't do what they are told. The only way to transmit HIV is through blood or sexual fluids, and, if the person who has HIV is medicated and their viral load suppressed to an undetectable level, the risk of them transmitting the virus to a negative partner is less than 4%. Just some fun facts for you. So, I'm sorry that your brother died needlessly, but, even if he had "taken a different path", there is no guarantee that he wouldn't have met the same fate. You really do need therapy to deal with the issues you have repressed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Frankfort Forum right now

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min diverse interests 122,777
sheriff scandals 4 min Shadow On The wall 49
Sheriff Melton are you SCARED??? 8 min Shot caller 20
fire department 13 min Next level 11
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 16 min hum 81,203
loretta russsell 28 min blue eyes 7
Chinese buffets 1 hr Mr. Rodgers 4
4thDistrict Magistrate 1 hr Citizens 324
•••
•••
•••
•••

Frankfort Jobs