wonderin

Richmond, KY

#1 Aug 9, 2009
I heard that the plant will be shut down in about 90 days and they are starting to downsize the salary people! I was wonderin if it was true? I worked at Winchester plant till it finally closed and heard the rumor!! I hate to see it go but I'm glad that some salary people get to go through what we did its called I'm sorry good luck finding a job!!!
rumorcatcher

Frankfort, KY

#2 Aug 9, 2009
I heard that the plant was slated to close because you guys made cheap ass shit. Better get it together or you'll be gecoming to the unemployment office for some aid.
who cares

Winchester, KY

#3 Nov 12, 2009
rumorcatcher wrote:
I heard that the plant was slated to close because you guys made cheap ass shit. Better get it together or you'll be gecoming to the unemployment office for some aid.
You must be a complete dumbass..learn how to spell! Further more, if you had ever worked for the horrible place called Gecom then you would have more compassion for the ones who have already lost their jobs!
Gecom

Floyds Knobs, IN

#4 Nov 13, 2009
most of us here have known each other for 10 - 15 years some even 20.We are more like a family then co-workers.It's a sad situation.
who cares

Winchester, KY

#5 Nov 15, 2009
Gecom wrote:
most of us here have known each other for 10 - 15 years some even 20.We are more like a family then co-workers.It's a sad situation.

I totally understand, I worked for Ohi for 12 years and then Gecom took over and it went to hell! I was also really close to my co-workers. I worked in the Winchester plant. I KNOW first hand what you are going thru. I lost my job in April. I am not going to tell you that it was easy, because at first, it wasn't. But, it does get easier! Keep your head up!! There is a reason for everything and God will open another door for you!
RobertWIlsonsbud dy

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Jan 10, 2012
I worked at OHI in Winchester from 97 till 2004. It was a good place to work. met alot of great people there. I feel bad for anyone who has lost thier jobs. We were a close knit bunch we fought alot and still cared for each other. hated like hell to see Winchester go. Hang in there all my comrades who are holding on to thier jobs. You the man Robert WIlson.
BigDog

Frankfort, KY

#7 Jan 10, 2012
I worked there for 19 years before voluntarily leaving, it's true we was and still are a family, a unique breed. The best place I ever worked. I know, knew everyone there and it's true that when GeCom took over it went to hell. But that's why they bought Ohi was to put their biggest competitor out of business. "You can take the people out of Ohi, but you can't take Ohi out of the people' I love all you guys.
spelling bee jr

Frankfort, KY

#8 Jan 11, 2012
tell em unc

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9 Jan 19, 2012
Gecom is still open and doing great. We have been busy and most employees get a lot of overtime. We will not be closing any time soon
huh

Frankfort, KY

#10 Jan 20, 2012
I thought you worked at buffalo WW outta here?

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#11 Jan 20, 2012
My hubby works at Gecom and I work in the front office, I am opening Buffalo wild wings but until then I work at Gecom
BW3 plans

Frankfort, KY

#12 Jan 20, 2012
Outtahere01, you gotta make money some how until it opens. See you in the spring time. Keep on working on the plans and don't listen to what anyone say's. We are happy you went in on the deal
billy

United States

#13 Apr 20, 2012
outtahere01 wrote:
Gecom is still open and doing great. We have been busy and most employees get a lot of overtime. We will not be closing any time soon
its closeing in june
Welll

United States

#14 Apr 20, 2012
What does gecom do exactly?
Gecom

Lexington, KY

#15 May 3, 2012
What does anyone know about the supervisor Charles Lowery? Heard he was screwing someone there while his wife was home.
concerned

United States

#16 May 4, 2012
I heard it was some temporary while her boyfriend was at work.
Wondering

Greensburg, IN

#17 Apr 29, 2013
Is this place closed yet?
jat

United States

#18 Apr 30, 2013
No it is not
Hot

United States

#19 Feb 17, 2016
Where is ed / Eddie Gatewood ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pricky Tricky Ricky 7 min Aunt Bea 45
Simon House Trash 27 min Comment 7
Need a Good Realtor 28 min Cracker 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 51 min ChromiuMan 167,723
Brad Redman/Meth dealer 59 min joke 6
Lean machine motorcycle shop 2 hr Cracker ass cracker 14
Joanne wilburn 2 hr Bigman420 10
Sheriff Melton's son arrested on drug charges 22 hr I Seduced Her Man 135

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages