Department of Correction SAP Information

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 11

Waco, KY

#1 Oct 17, 2011
I am doing research on how to get my husband into a substance abuse program through the DOC. He can not be released from jail until successful completion of the program. I have found a list of the rehabs that they contract through. I was just needing information on how I can get him into one faster. His parole was reviewed and wasn't updated in the computer until 7 weeks later. So now he will be 7 weeks behind on a program. I had to call to see why he hadn't been reviewed yet. To my surprise he had been and we was unaware of it.
Please if anyone knows of anyway I can get this finished faster so that my husband and our babies father can come home and be with us again I would be truely greatful.
Lonely Prison Wife
i know

Frankfort, KY

#2 Oct 17, 2011
I don't know of any way to do this but if you don't mind I will pray for you and your family. Every child needs their father and I pray he gets back to you in a speedy manner.
a friend

Frankfort, KY

#3 Oct 18, 2011
the reason why his parole showed up 7 weeks earlier is becouse inmats go to see the parole board 2 months early now but still dont get out till its 2 months later and for the SAP it goes by when its ur turn to go they wont let u out till u go to SAP now

Waco, KY

#4 Oct 20, 2011
i know wrote:
I don't know of any way to do this but if you don't mind I will pray for you and your family. Every child needs their father and I pray he gets back to you in a speedy manner.
\

I can not believe how sweet your responce was. I have tears in my eyes thinking that a stranger will pray for us. You are a God sent angel. We have two daugthers together, one is 10 and the baby is 14 months old. It breaks my heart because the oldest knows what is going on and she is dissapointed in her Daddy. The baby only knows that she visits a man on a phone once a week. She doesn't know that is her Daddy. Thank you so much. I pray that your prayers reaches heaven. May God bless you for such a brave duty that you have taken on to pray for a family that you don't know. Know you are in my prayers.... Once again, thank you. It means alot to me.

Waco, KY

#5 Oct 20, 2011
a friend wrote:
the reason why his parole showed up 7 weeks earlier is becouse inmats go to see the parole board 2 months early now but still dont get out till its 2 months later and for the SAP it goes by when its ur turn to go they wont let u out till u go to SAP now
That is not what happen. You misunderstood me. He was suppose to go up for parole in August. The girl that he got in trouble with got shipped off to a program. But yet he hadn't heard anything about his status. So I called Frankfort to ask why hadn't we heard about his parole review. I was informed that the parole board reviewed his file on 8/11/2011, but it wasn't put into the computer. But the girls was put into the computer. So therefore no letter was sent out about what he had to complete. When I called is when it was updated in the computer.
So he was reviewed but there was a mistake made in Frankfort. Now he is going to be 7 weeks behind on his treatment because of this problem.
I want to know is there anything that can be done where it was a mistake in Frankfort???
i know

Frankfort, KY

#6 Oct 21, 2011
prisonwife2011 wrote:
<quoted text>\

I can not believe how sweet your responce was. I have tears in my eyes thinking that a stranger will pray for us. You are a God sent angel. We have two daugthers together, one is 10 and the baby is 14 months old. It breaks my heart because the oldest knows what is going on and she is dissapointed in her Daddy. The baby only knows that she visits a man on a phone once a week. She doesn't know that is her Daddy. Thank you so much. I pray that your prayers reaches heaven. May Godbless you for such a brave duty that you have taken on to pray for a family that you don't know. Know you are in my prayers.... Once again, thank you. It means alot to me.
You are more than welcome. It never hurts to throw an extra prayer up to the big guy. Tell your oldest to stay strong. Everybody makes mistakes but Jesus died so we don't have to be perfect. She just needs to know that her dad will be home soon and he has learned from his mistakes and will be a better dad because of it. God bless.
been there

Frankfort, KY

#8 Oct 22, 2011
if your husband is in jail it would be easier for you to contact another jail that has a sap program.it depends on if he is a class d inmate.marion county jail is a good one and if you will call there and talk to barry brady and tell him your situation he may be able to get your husband there.you may have to pay for the transportto get him moved there.its not an easy program to complete,but if he is serious about it i can help alot..there are other things that he can do to shorten his time..again,it all depends on where he is and if he is a class d inmate..whats his name and ill get you some more information..to check on his status you can call 1-800-511-1670.
windering

United States

#9 Nov 7, 2011
my bf is in sap now. his parole was deferred n dont go back up for 10 months. he heard this wk dept of corrections is looking at reviewing inmates that are currently in sap n let them out before parole n upon completion of sap. has anyone else heard that?
been there

Frankfort, KY

#10 Nov 8, 2011
i spent many years in prison and you hear rumors all the time and latch on to them in hopes of getting out early..none of it is true..no matter what you hear it is best to stay in the programs because in the long run it helps!!
worried

Harrodsburg, KY

#11 Nov 21, 2011
My bf is in jail in danville..he got 2 years,he already done has 6months in and goes up for parole in Jan..Do you think they will make him do sap still or do you think he will make parole..when he goes up he will already have 7 months in..
Alananantz7

London, KY

#13 Dec 30, 2013
Trying to help my soninlaw to get in the sapp program he is a great guy and my girl misses him so much if anyone can help let me know
been there

Whitesburg, KY

#14 Dec 30, 2013
if its something to do with drugs they SAP you and Frankfort is slow good luck
dangerous

Frankfort, KY

#15 Dec 30, 2013
another thing we the tax payer have to pic up the tab on because someone cant control themselves but im sure a lot of you will say their trying to get straightened out well so let me have it
lmille

Louisville, KY

#16 Jan 16, 2014
What does an inmate have to do in order to receive parole upon completion in the S A P program?
lmille

Louisville, KY

#17 Jan 16, 2014
I'm trying to find some information for my brother who has been given quite a few chances on probation and he keeps screwing up and getting a off pretty easy, l his " slips" are minor drug offences but his judge told him this last time that he the choice of either Drug Court or SAP. And I was trying to find info on both programs. If anyone could help me with this I would really appreciate it. Mainly looking for SAP info ...( parole upon completion ). Thank you!
dangerous

Frankfort, KY

#18 Jan 16, 2014
lmille wrote:
I'm trying to find some information for my brother who has been given quite a few chances on probation and he keeps screwing up and getting a off pretty easy, l his " slips" are minor drug offences but his judge told him this last time that he the choice of either Drug Court or SAP. And I was trying to find info on both programs. If anyone could help me with this I would really appreciate it. Mainly looking for SAP info ...( parole upon completion ). Thank you!
wow quite a few chances- minor drug offences-this last time give up on him an let HIM do his time we are going to pay for it either way an before anyone says it this is the problem to many chances
welp

United States

#19 Jan 16, 2014
lmille wrote:
Parolees are not eligible for Drug Court; only probationers. He will have to apply for SAP while in custody.
jayjay

Lexington, KY

#21 Feb 9, 2014
i have a son that is class d . he sign up for the sap program he is waiting for a place , he wants to be located in a sap program in Louisville, ky how can you fine out they have a place available. there.
help is here

United States

#22 Feb 12, 2014
Tell them they need to talk to a Classification and Treatment Officer (CTO) in their prison. They should know who they are. Or a " case worker" as some of them call them.

Space in SAP programs is limited, and the waiting list can be long. Be patient.
ONE ANGRY TAX PAYER

Campbellsville, KY

#23 Apr 27, 2015
i would like to talk about what goes on in this SAP program... can someone please tell me how assigning inmates to be "hall monitors" or snitches can be positively effective in a substance abuse program. There is staff that i know is being paid with my tax money that is supposed to be monitoring the inmates. Are they trying to get people killed or beaten? How is it fair to make a person have to choose their safety over their freedom.

I know someone that was close to completing his SAP program but because he may have seen other inmates doing things they were not supposed to be doing and didn't report them or "snitch them out" he was kicked out of the program and was sent back to jail. Where in the first week, he was woken up out of his sleep by 5 other inmates and beaten which resulted with him receiving 8 stitches in his head.

This is not right, my intuition is telling me that the people that are supposed to be in charge of the SAP Program are abusing their authority or just not doing their jobs all together, at this particular halfway house in Louisville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Bzoink 177,290
Quire has nice breasts 13 min Its 8
Election results for sheriffs race 13 min Dump Fat Pat 16
There is a new Sheriff in Town 14 min I love it 2
Sheriff Quire 17 min Welcome Sheriff Q... 1
where online are franklin county election results! 41 min grrr 1
If Melton loses I lose $5,000 bet. 49 min Hi Hopes 13
Something strange On the creek 1 hr Okay 28
starway drive in 1 hr Roy 37

Frankfort Jobs

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages