best memory of thornhill
Pam

AOL

#444 Mar 5, 2010
nou wrote:
Pam, What is your last name - care to share?
Sure, why not, I have nothing to hide, it was Lee now it is Roberts, but can I ask you why you wanted to know? & thank you for asking by the way. I am an old TH-yun that have since moved on but will always love TH.
WILDCAT WILLIE

Midway, KY

#445 Mar 7, 2010
R.I.P. DOUG SULLIVAN cus.
WILDCAT WILLIE

Midway, KY

#446 Mar 7, 2010
we lost a THORN HILL brother
nou

Louisville, KY

#447 Mar 7, 2010
Pam, I was thinking of another Pam. I too live in TH of about 2 years, bu have moved. I have enjoyed the stories.
Pam

AOL

#448 Mar 8, 2010
nou wrote:
Pam, I was thinking of another Pam. I too live in TH of about 2 years, bu have moved. I have enjoyed the stories.
thank U for responding & it was ok to ask....these are great memories posted here for sure and I hope they will continue, but we lost one of the greatest TH-yuns recently and we need to cherish all the wonderful memories we have of him, R.I.P. my good friend, Doug Sullivan. we love you!
nou

Louisville, KY

#449 Mar 8, 2010
i heard that Doug had died. i am very sorry. he was a good person and had a huge heart. i knew he had some health problems. life is a gift and it is longer than it seems and yet we are hear one second and the next gone. I am sorry for his family and friends.
Jackye and Billy

Simpsonville, KY

#450 Mar 10, 2010
Another true Thornhillian has passed.~ RIP ~ STEPHEN DOUGLAS SULLIVAN... he was like our brother, we grew up with him, PG, and Jimmy. They were always at our house or we were at theirs. I remember Doug smiling all the time, and always trying to make people laugh. He was one of the nicest guys in TH. He and my brother Scotty were always good friends from the beginning to now the end of Doug's time in this world. I believe Doug is now where he has been wanting to be for a very long time, with the Lord. I will always remember Doug, and I know we have lost a true family friend. Doug, we love you and will miss you!
Pam

AOL

#451 Mar 10, 2010
Jackye and Billy wrote:
Another true Thornhillian has passed.~ RIP ~ STEPHEN DOUGLAS SULLIVAN... he was like our brother, we grew up with him, PG, and Jimmy. They were always at our house or we were at theirs. I remember Doug smiling all the time, and always trying to make people laugh. He was one of the nicest guys in TH. He and my brother Scotty were always good friends from the beginning to now the end of Doug's time in this world. I believe Doug is now where he has been wanting to be for a very long time, with the Lord. I will always remember Doug, and I know we have lost a true family friend. Doug, we love you and will miss you!
I am with you on this, Jackye. RIP Doug. We love you.
just me

Frankfort, KY

#452 Mar 12, 2010
the purvis's..the caseys
GAG

Frankfort, KY

#453 Mar 12, 2010
Yes that is two bad boys.

Since: Sep 09

United States

#454 Jul 10, 2010
I too grew up in Thornhill. Lived on Grand Avenue back when there was a strip of land with trees in the middle of the street.
Remember when it would snow, they would close some of the streets and you could sleigh ride from "Granny Triplett's" house all the way to Dailey Ave! And sometimes, Charles Triplett would take us for a ride on his toboggan, if the snow was deep enough. What fun we had.
During the summer my best friend, Sissy Smith, and I would play and read together everyday.
I have so enjoyed the thread, sure has brought back a lot of memories.
THS

Frankfort, KY

#455 Jul 10, 2010
The apple truck that came from Indiana, playing softball in the tennis area across from Thornhill school. Hitting homerun in Mr Woods lot! Making friends thatI now hook up with on facebook. Being a cheerleader at THS and winning the champship in 1973 with four other girls Kathy Cook Vance, Sheila McGaughey Hedges, Karen Ellis Penn ?, Pam Manley?, Margaret Smith Ellis Chaney! When I left there in 1973 never thought I would get my GED there in 1991! We all need to support this building or it will be just a memory.645
Pam

Wesley Chapel, FL

#456 Jul 12, 2010
I would love to see this thread start up again, Loved reading all the wonderful post of memories of TH
Please, share your great memories with us,
Thank you again!
jls

Frankfort, KY

#457 Aug 2, 2010
hey wildcat willie, Mark is at moms this week.
peewee

Frankfort, KY

#458 Aug 3, 2010
I grew up in bellepoint went to thronhill all the time when i was young especial levies pool room.That was 50 years ago.
mserlynn

Madisonville, KY

#459 Aug 3, 2010
Hi i lived on fields ave for 4 years before moving her to lousiville
Former Thornhill brat

Booneville, KY

#460 Aug 3, 2010
1980's - I can remember walking up Henry Street to Thornhill school. My teacher in sixth grade was Ms. Lewis, we were the last class of 6th graders to attend Thornhill. They switched them to Elkhorn Jr. High. Some names I remember are:

Loman
Terry Cox
John Ray Cox
Jerry & James Redmon
Steve Rutledge
Ammons
Manley
Cummins
Paul Rodgers & his brothers
Dean
Spaulding
Manns
Vicki Poole
Steve & Stewart Perkins
Timmy & Kenny Perkins
Lisa Perkins
Howe
Tammy Walker
Nanacy & David Courtney
Cindy Wise
Mary Temple
Lee & Earl Weber
Donnie, Doug, Susan, Libby & Claudia Smith
Saundra Willis
Gary & David Stanley
Rearden
Dale & Debbie Hudson
Jeff & Scotty Hudson
Stephanie & Jennifer Waddle
Dews
Hazletts
Tony Anglin
Angela Peffer
Conway Boys
Billy Hensley
Wesley Peyton
Stacy Mace

That is all I can think of at this time. I think it is "old timers".
The Quinns
The Athas
The Montforts
Jennifer Cohorn

Frankfort, KY

#461 Aug 7, 2010
This is jenns brother and Thornhill was my favorite place in the world,I still drive thru just to look around, me,joe smith,james smith,jason capley,chris manley,cory harrod and a few more were very tight and the most fun any kid could imagine to have and im sure they would all agree.. AHHHH GOOD OLE THORNHILL!!!
allen

Frankfort, KY

#462 Sep 24, 2010
BAC wrote:
A thought crossed my mind the other night when I read a posting about Alan Manns. It was derby day 1978 and Alan had a keg at his house. I think Steve and Nute Quinn were there. At exactly 12:34 Alan said “ok, don’t ever forget where you were at this very moment. It’s 12:34 on 5-6-78.– 1234 5678 ” I think I remember that just about every derby day. Of course we all raised our glasses and cheered. On another note, Margaret wrote about her family and I had a flashback of all-night bowling. We could always depend on Doris to pick us up in the SmithMobile no matter how late or had bad the weather. It was usually around 4:00 in the morning when we decided we were ready to go home. Not only would I never allow my girls to stay out all night to go “bowling”, they were always too lazy to be out that late! cj
---far out i didn't even remember that.
allen

Frankfort, KY

#463 Sep 24, 2010
dave sent me this site. wasn't born there, still feel like part of alot of the families i grew up with.moved to daily ave. at start of my 4th grade yr. other than my wife,my 2 best friends david murphy, scotty lee. i can tell some storys on these guys, but not here. i miss it all to. i could set here for hrs. & write these memorys, but i'm a 2finger typer. memorys is something nobody can take from u.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min Harrumph 170,663
Camry Montgomery 36 min huh 4
News Kentucky lawmaker accused of sexual assault 1 hr little Timmy 57
Jus got out of court rolling through the countr... 1 hr Stan the Klan man 1
Elkhorn Middle School 2 hr Roach 6
Tabitha 3 hr Pathetic 2
Anybody's good food 4 hr Food clown 1

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages