Minimum wage question
Hurst

Frankfort, KY

#1 Mar 16, 2013
Minimum Wage jobs weren't meant for families to live off of. I find it to be interesting that we need help in the drilling, trucking and numerous other Blue Collar fields yet we focus on raising minimum wage. Why not encourage those who are wasting the best years of their lives flipping burgers and stocking grocery shelves to enter into one of the trades?
Wut

Frankfort, KY

#2 Mar 17, 2013
YES! Exactly. The argument they make for raising minimum wage is that a person can not provide for a family of two working 40 hours per week at that pay grade. Well... that's how it's supposed to be. If you're not going to college then you need to go work in manufacturing, blue collar, or learn a trade. If they raise minimum wage it taxes the business owners and rewards those who will not take their participation in the work force to the next level. By design its a supplementary income, not a subsistance income. Instead of laying a heavy tax on business owners to make them pay non-skilled labor more money they need to use some federal money to make it easier for people to get training on their own and get into higher paying jobs that are higher paying for a reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate a drunk 31 min Brad 19
Elected Officials 1 hr Jason 28
candice birkhead 1 hr BkL 3
Bill May in bed with FPB 1 hr Bruce 10
Servers and cashiers 1 hr Kenneth 6
City commissioner 1 hr Adam 1
Poll Who's has the best network in Frankfort? 1 hr Town Critic 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages