Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,586)

Showing posts 71,701 - 71,720 of81,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Interesting study just came out about Hoodoos that are located in California. I've always thought the Red Rocks in Cali have a wildness and gret beauty about them.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
It's odd huh. Lala and I took care of those ailing; AW & Abeliever & Blueminer drove or is driving big rigs,Nope and Ms. E Font appear to be great teachers; Betty like Lala and I provide humane services . And if one of us doesn't have a bout with Arthur , it sure is creeping upon us. We are like a big pot of stew. And I did not mean to leave anyone out...I'm sure you'll fit somewhere.Hehe.
Sorry Misty eyed, I just went on a few runs with a big ole burly friend I use to call my bodyguard. He was like having another brother. Grew up together. I had said I would like to get away for a few days and he jokingly said come on you can be my co-pilot. So I did. He thought I was to "foo foo" for a road trip. I proved him wrong. Had the time of my life, met some great people, seen some beautiful country in other states. I miss that big ole lug. He died about 10 years ago.

I am an Army Brat and retired recently after 30 years with the Dept of Defense. If I had my do overs, I would have put ten more in. I miss it all from time to time. I am too young to retire. But I am enjoying it. Just need a partner to walk off into the sunset with. haha
kevin

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how to contact me-- I'll tell you.
I'll use Ten Beers to PM ya. If ya don't mind.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Someone is showing their true colors. Glad that last left before I could finish reading it.

Seriously???
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't drive a big rig and never have, but I have helped keep some on the roads both financially and locating the better paying loads and handling all the paper work including driver pay. But we have since down-sized to just the one the son drives and I don't even do the paper work any more.
I do drive a pickup, a 4 wheeler, a farm tractor, and a lawn mower and if gas gets any more expensive, I might just drive a mule. Maybe I can get them to install a hitching rail at the Church. Wonder what McDonald's folks will think when I ride that mule thru the drive-thru? LOL
Sorry, about that. Yeah, I've put fuel and gas, and even changed a blade on a push mower. I'd sure like to see you and that mle going through the drive thru. Like to have a camera to get a picture of the employees' faces. ROFL.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Verdict issued on skeleton found under parking lot: It's King Richard III

The project used 21st-century forensic science to solve a 500-year-old mystery surrounding one of William Shakespeare's best-known villains.

Shakespeare's play, "Richard III," made the king out to be a scheming monster who killed children to get to the English throne.

The bard gave Richard III dramatic lines that are still evoked today, ranging from "the winter of our discontent" to "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"

And then there's the matter of reburying the remains: Authorities said the skeleton would get a proper interment in Leicester Cathedral, not far from the parking lot where it was found. The cathedral's canon chancellor, David Monteith, said planning for an interment ceremony in 2014 has already begun, and he expressed the hope that after more than 500 years, Richard III "may come to rest in peace, and rise in glory."

Read more and view pictures:
http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/04...

Not quite the burial he planned I bet. Hands bound, blows to the head. History.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I don't drive a big rig and never have, but I have helped keep some on the roads both financially and locating the better paying loads and handling all the paper work including driver pay. But we have since down-sized to just the one the son drives and I don't even do the paper work any more.

I do drive a pickup, a 4 wheeler, a farm tractor, and a lawn mower and if gas gets any more expensive, I might just drive a mule. Maybe I can get them to install a hitching rail at the Church. Wonder what McDonald's folks will think when I ride that mule thru the drive-thru? LOL
I'm just hoping I am not in line behind you on a hot summer day! Road apples
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

A good bat story for a change:

Bats reveal clues to viral immunity

Bats can harbour some of the world's most deadly viruses without ever getting sick and researchers in Singapore are trying to find out how they do it. By investigating the creatures' genetic structure, the scientists hope to eventually find the key for humans to fight infectious disesases. Elly Park reports.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/bats-r...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

No No No, The real Ancient Wolf is alive and well and sharing a condo in Argentina with Hitler and Elvis. Me ? Who knows?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

kevin wrote:
<quoted text>I'll use Ten Beers to PM ya. If ya don't mind.
Ok.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Hemburn, where did watch the Super Bowl, New Orleans? haha Where are you and little biscuit?

I thought at first it was Beyonce's light show, but she had her own generators for that, an irate SF fan, haha, terrorist test maybe, but a curse was not one of them. After reading this I can understand that bud commericial and enjoyed it the second time here. The video is there. haha

Voodoo priestess: Curse didn't cause Superdome blackout

Legend has it that New Orleans' Superdome is vexed by the angry spirits of the poor souls once buried beneath the stadium, their remains uprooted by backhoes during construction in the early 1970s.
And you can forget the Curse of Beyonce because her half-time show used its own generators.

The stadium is built over the old Girod Cemetery, where 30,000 people, including many victims of cholera and yellow fever epidemics, were buried.
This ad for Bud Light, featuring Stevie Wonder and his hit song "Superstition," aired during the second quarter of Super Bowl XLVII.

To read more and see the Bud commercial that makes way more sense to me now. Stevie and "Superstitution" was a genious commerical, but I am sticking with the Bud horse one as my favorite.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/04/16...

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I hope they can start to develop an immunity to that "white nose" disease..
(Is that what it's called? I don't feel like Googling for the answer right now. I had a blood sugar drop, a really bad one again, a little while ago and am not feeling very perky right now. Posting here is keeping me awake. I'm afraid to go lay down yet).
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
No No No, The real Ancient Wolf is alive and well and sharing a condo in Argentina with Hitler and Elvis. Me ? Who knows?
haha, I didn't get but the first line and seen your name there and it was gone. I think we probably know who that was.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Misty eyed, I just went on a few runs with a big ole burly friend I use to call my bodyguard. He was like having another brother. Grew up together. I had said I would like to get away for a few days and he jokingly said come on you can be my co-pilot. So I did. He thought I was to "foo foo" for a road trip. I proved him wrong. Had the time of my life, met some great people, seen some beautiful country in other states. I miss that big ole lug. He died about 10 years ago.
I am an Army Brat and retired recently after 30 years with the Dept of Defense. If I had my do overs, I would have put ten more in. I miss it all from time to time. I am too young to retire. But I am enjoying it. Just need a partner to walk off into the sunset with. haha
My brother put in six years with Army Reserve as a medic. I have an ex uncle if you will served in Vietnam. We might age, but that doesn't mean we can't feel young. I had an elderly lady in a wheelchair clobber me with her big handbag one time. LOL. Vivacious little Lady. She loved life and sure did get around and did not like to go to bed...Hehe. As for getting a partner...if you're still feeling young Anything can happen;) ;) when you least expect it. Sorry once again for being too far off base...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

The lights out in New Orleans could have been the work of Marie LeBeau.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
(Is that what it's called? I don't feel like Googling for the answer right now. I had a blood sugar drop, a really bad one again, a little while ago and am not feeling very perky right now. Posting here is keeping me awake. I'm afraid to go lay down yet).
You got that right. That is why I said "good" bat story. All those diseased bats in Ky and Indiana last year was spooky. They serve their purpose like the bees we take for granted.

You be careful with that sugar drop. I left you some stuff to keep your busy for a little while. haha

I hope you feel better.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Marie LeVeau, either old Arthur or Marie made my finger hit the wrong key LOL check her out on Google.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> My brother put in six years with Army Reserve as a medic. I have an ex uncle if you will served in Vietnam. We might age, but that doesn't mean we can't feel young. I had an elderly lady in a wheelchair clobber me with her big handbag one time. LOL. Vivacious little Lady. She loved life and sure did get around and did not like to go to bed...Hehe. As for getting a partner...if you're still feeling young Anything can happen;) ;) when you least expect it. Sorry once again for being too far off base...
Don't be sorry, it took me back to visit a memory of a good friend lost to me among a lot of friends and family I have had to learn to live without. What don't kill you makes you stronger.

There are some little ole ladies out there that just have nothing but piss and vinegar in them. Lively as all get out. I love to watch that Betty White show where the seniors punk the youngsters. It is hilarious. Some lame moments, but always gives me a laugh.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I hope you feel better soon. Have you tried eating apples and oranges. And I know, Yoplait is colored and sweetened with beet juice. All those natural sugars should help. Try to have a nice evening...I wish you better health.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
The lights out in New Orleans could have been the work of Marie LeBeau.
You could be right. She was the Queen.

Marie Laveau, Voodoo Queen & Faith Healer

http://www.mysticvoodoo.com/marie-laveau.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,701 - 71,720 of81,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

103 Users are viewing the Frankfort Forum right now

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Khatru 123,021
Larry Perkins getting threads erased 18 min Bogus 11
drug bust today 34 min Mike 42
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Republicans Are Stupid 25,964
Sheriff Melton are you SCARED??? 1 hr Three choices 58
Frankfort Family Care - Drs. Yamraj (Oct '11) 2 hr Kensi 103
Campfire Kitchen 3 hr OutofCntrl 8
4thDistrict Magistrate 10 hr Donar 341
•••
•••
•••
Frankfort Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Frankfort Jobs