Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,681

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85012 Feb 2, 2013
@ AW and Abeliever I read your e-mails, but I was not able to answer them. I kept getting error messages when I tried to send the e-mails. Thank you very much for keeping me in the loop. Catch you later when my computer glitches are fixed. Paula
HilLogic

London, KY

#85013 Feb 2, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I know the message was for Nope. I agree, Thanks.
You're welcome,'Misty eyed'; it just seems like the right thing.
HilLogic

London, KY

#85014 Feb 2, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you HL. Point taken and I agree with you 110%. I feel an "eyeball that isn't mine" peering at me from somewhere deep within the inner bowels of Topixland.. ROFLMBO!!
NOW, to find that darn link.....
By the way, this coffee is yummo.
I am relieved everyone agrees on the aforementioned subject.
I don't have a built-in webcam; mine is portable. I have always unplugged mine after use. I am always cautious in everything I do online. Never give out too much personal information; prevent tracking cookies; erase history after each log out, etc. I realize some of you are personal friends, but I think sometimes some of you divulge more information about yourselves than is safe. I like the down-home quality of this thread, but we should keep in mind that we are still on the www and anyone can read what we say from any place in the world. I think the very thing that makes this thread so popular is also the one that makes it most vulnerable. I have been concerned about this since the ominous posts, and most especially for the one they were directed toward. I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but I just ask everyone to please exercise caution and stay safe.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85015 Feb 2, 2013
I agree with everything you just said, HL. Great post!!

I feel that I'm as safe here as I can possibly be, considering the "www" of it all. No one knows exactly where I am, exactly where I live, and they couldn't "trace" me even if they tried.. I've been careful enough in that aspect.

I even had the foresight to cover that web cam lens, gosh, maybe a year or so ago now? It just gave me the creeps for some reason.

Intuition is our best friend. We all have an inner voice and we need to learn how to listen to it.

The rest of me as far as my likes and dislikes is an open book. I've never even said if I was Eskimo, Caucasian, Asian, animal, vegetable or mineral, hehe. No one that I know personally in real life even knows that I get on here, LOL! I'm pretty strange that way...

Even my FaceBook account is very vague. The required email address for sign up is and was nothing more than my 'spam catcher'. Also, the "friends" I have are never random. I either KNOW them, or they don't get the okay to view my stats, etc.. As for those games on FB? An utter nuisance in my opinion. I don't even click "likes" on those viral photo's.

As for Topix, I'm nothing more than an "eyeball", living out in the middle of nowhere with more critters than I know what to do with sometimes, hehe!
ROFLMBO!!
HilLogic

London, KY

#85016 Feb 2, 2013
That's all good to hear,'Nope'; you and I share a lot in common in the caution department.
I enjoy reading your posts about you, your critters and your daily events. I don't have as much time to post, or even thoroughly read all the posts as most of you do, but I enjoy the time I can spend communicating with all of you.
I think I'll turn in now, it's been a long day. It was good talking with you. I hope you sleep well. Goodnight.

#85017 Feb 2, 2013
I've got a lot on my mind tonight. Most of it dealing with today's events. How strange life can be.....

You sleep well. I myself just looked at the PC clock after my last post to you and I gasped aloud. I thought it was around 10:00 or so. To look and see that it was 1:00 a.m. just floored me. I still don't know where today went.

Hopefully I feel like going to lay down soon. You rest well and hopefully we can all chat again tomorrow. It's nice talking to you as well.

Goodnight!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85018 Feb 2, 2013
I woke up to stoke my fire and to have my cup of java regardless. I don't have a problem with disabling Java, old Arthur does that quite often.

I don't have a web cam, there is nothing here worth looking at... nothing to hide... nothing to fear... "IF GOD BE FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US"? That is a statement I have read and heard many times but I like to interpret it as "IF GOD BE FOR US, WHY DOES ANYTHING ELSE MATTER"?

One final point.. Ugly GURL was not spelled with an "I" and I doubt seriously that a VW Microbus has lasted since the Hippies painted them with flowers back in the 60s and took them to anti-Vietnam rallies.... except in an old man's memory, vivid imagination, and a junkyard.

#85020 Feb 2, 2013
'Mornin AW. I'm still up too, but I'm heading that way right now. Just caught your post as I was about to log off. Get some rest if you're able. It's been a very strange day and I'm achy too.. This pain in my darned back is about to tip me sideways. Leaning seems to help somewhat, but you can only lean so far.

Spring will hopefully be here before we know it. I need to get outside more than I have been. I think that's the ticket..

Goodnight.

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
HilLogic

London, KY

#85021 Feb 2, 2013
I went to bed and couldn't sleep. You are absolutely right, AW; I guess we all need to be reminded from time to time that God is still the One in control of all things. That thought alone brings a lot of peace. Whatsoever time I am afraid I will trust in Him. He will keep me in perfect peace as long as my mind is stayed on Him. Thanks, AW; sleep well, Friend!
bud

Hazard, KY

#85022 Feb 2, 2013
hundreds of birds die, you all don,t care.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85023 Feb 3, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I woke up to stoke my fire and to have my cup of java regardless. I don't have a problem with disabling Java, old Arthur does that quite often.
I don't have a web cam, there is nothing here worth looking at... nothing to hide... nothing to fear... "IF GOD BE FOR US, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US"? That is a statement I have read and heard many times but I like to interpret it as "IF GOD BE FOR US, WHY DOES ANYTHING ELSE MATTER"?
One final point.. Ugly GURL was not spelled with an "I" and I doubt seriously that a VW Microbus has lasted since the Hippies painted them with flowers back in the 60s and took them to anti-Vietnam rallies.... except in an old man's memory, vivid imagination, and a junkyard.
i kinda chuckled when i read this and thought to myself...
you are quite possibly the eldest threader here, and im pretty sure i may be the youngest poster who frequents. your elder opinion on things we should bother to fear in this life and what things are important in general.
my younger generational stupidity on everything.... they both lead to the same outcome..... if big brother wants me... they can come on and bring it :)
i dont know... just an observation i guess. maybe just funny cause its 3 am but funny to me.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85024 Feb 3, 2013
HilLogic wrote:
I went to bed and couldn't sleep. You are absolutely right, AW; I guess we all need to be reminded from time to time that God is still the One in control of all things. That thought alone brings a lot of peace. Whatsoever time I am afraid I will trust in Him. He will keep me in perfect peace as long as my mind is stayed on Him. Thanks, AW; sleep well, Friend!
Thanks but I already did sleep well lol. I banged my head on the keyboard several hours ago and just got back up. I will most likely go again after a few games of spider solitaire to make my head bounce on the keyboard again. Good night/morning to you too, and GOD BLESS and keep you and yours.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85025 Feb 3, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i kinda chuckled when i read this and thought to myself...
you are quite possibly the eldest threader here, and im pretty sure i may be the youngest poster who frequents. your elder opinion on things we should bother to fear in this life and what things are important in general.
my younger generational stupidity on everything.... they both lead to the same outcome..... if big brother wants me... they can come on and bring it :)
i dont know... just an observation i guess. maybe just funny cause its 3 am but funny to me.
Hello Betty regardless of the hour. You are most likely correct that I am the oldest on here and you are the youngest and I am Thankful and feel blessed that the perverbial generation gap does not exist here. Take Care and always keep in mind the really important thing.. THE CREATOR and I am happy that you now get to work with HIS critters even if it is taking your turn in cleaning up the doodoo LOL

Since: Dec 12

Sycamore, IL

#85026 Feb 3, 2013
@Nope & Oglala Would you please send me a message and tell me what exactly is going on? I don't really want to ask out in the open. But what is the deal about a funeral, a stalker, etc? I can't piece it all together.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85027 Feb 3, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Betty regardless of the hour. You are most likely correct that I am the oldest on here and you are the youngest and I am Thankful and feel blessed that the proverbial generation gap does not exist here. Take Care and always keep in mind the really important thing.. THE CREATOR and I am happy that you now get to work with HIS critters even if it is taking your turn in cleaning up the doodoo LOL
haha yes the one constant in my life thus far is there has always been a lot of doodoo..lol

joe poodle has finally settled back into his bed and i think i will try and do the same.

enjoy your morning :)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85028 Feb 3, 2013
I wish I'd chosen another line of work like animal care. Working in a geriatric center scars one for life. It's a traumatic experience not being able to be by your dying pts side because you are unable to neglect the others. I had a patient wailing and crying my name for me to be there beside her, but the nurse said go do your round. By the time her daughter got to mean hour or so later, the patient was gone. Her last words...my name. It's difficult living with that memory. I'll dig ditches or clean critter poo before I'll go back. Restless here. Again.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85029 Feb 3, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
I wish I'd chosen another line of work like animal care. Working in a geriatric center scars one for life. It's a traumatic experience not being able to be by your dying pts side because you are unable to neglect the others. I had a patient wailing and crying my name for me to be there beside her, but the nurse said go do your round. By the time her daughter got to mean hour or so later, the patient was gone. Her last words...my name. It's difficult living with that memory. I'll dig ditches or clean critter poo before I'll go back. Restless here. Again.
I know where you are coming from and heard many cry out in the 2 years I visited the facility. But fortunately, I was able to be by the side of my father, mother, and wife as they passed over. I too am restless, and gave up on sleep for the time being and have biscuits in the oven. LOL Dog is taking care of my part of the zzzzzzzzs.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85030 Feb 3, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I know where you are coming from and heard many cry out in the 2 years I visited the facility. But fortunately, I was able to be by the side of my father, mother, and wife as they passed over. I too am restless, and gave up on sleep for the time being and have biscuits in the oven. LOL Dog is taking care of my part of the zzzzzzzzs.
Saw my mother several days ago, her little short haired dog had a sweater because of the cold. It hadn't seen the children in over a year. She yelps yes, yes. We interpret it as dog language of course. Hehe. Dog will smell those biscuits soon enough. I bet. that tongue will start hanging out. You have a pleasant morning with him and your breakfast. I smell that wood stove over here. It is wood isn't it?;) Anyway, you have a good one.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85031 Feb 3, 2013
Good Morning to the bird threaders minus one. Not quite so cold here this morning, but snowing some more. A good day for me to worship GOD at home.

I might get out Granny's old paperback Hymnal from 1923 and hum along with "Precious Memories", or just go to Youtube and listen to Willie doing it.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85032 Feb 3, 2013
Good morning, bird threaders. I am heartbroken about one of our own's demise. I am thankful that I didn't respond to him with a nasty retort. Life is fragile, isn't it. It amazes me that I have such deep feelings for people I have never met. I was never an online chatter, but I was attracted to this site because of the diversity of conversational topics. I have been listening to Willie recently. My favorite is "Blue Eyes Crying."
The Good Lord has given me a reprieve, at least for the moment. I almost left this world 10 months ago, and had many months of "touch and go" life, hanging by a thread. I got some further bad news when I went for my doctor appointments. I now have some congestive heart failure and have to go to a cardiologist. I think that my bout with illness this past spring and summer took more of a toll than I realized. I am just hoping to stay on this earth long enough to raise our little guy, then I will gladly go on. I pray that Our Creator will honor my request. If not, I hope that our little guy will be raised by a friend who is closer to me than some of my relatives. Anyway, I have placed this problem in the hands of the Lord, and I will have to trust in his Care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connie 19 min Family Member 5
Williams accused of ethics violation (Jun '07) 24 min voter 54
I have a couple of simple questions for Christi... 1 hr Believer 75
90 lbs of cocaine found on Mitch's inlaws ship 1 hr guest 3
Napier gaining 1 hr not LEO 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr RSK 131,397
need to know! 2 hr pleaseplease 9

Freeze Watch for Franklin County was issued at October 30 at 2:20PM EDT

Frankfort Dating
Find my Match