Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81771 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65860 Aug 2, 2012
* about a mile away
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65861 Aug 2, 2012
trusted wrote:
Take it easy , yall. Calling it a night.. Here is you both a song to rest your minds.
Go to sleep my little babies, Moma's done gone with red dress on dont need no other little babe
Go to sleep my little babie, You and me and the devil makes three, dont need no body but the babe....
The dog and the rooster were a little early, perhaps it was the moon shining so bright they thought it was almost daybreak. Beautiful moon out...

Blue Moon of Kentucky keep on Shining

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#65862 Aug 2, 2012
Hello AW, I agree with the health comment, one never knows what will hit him next. Fortunately, this is the best I've felt since 1975!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65864 Aug 2, 2012
I agree Pete. I was almost a goner 3 years ago and I enjoy every day that the ol' ground hog is not delivering my mail yet.

But it does make one realize that material goods are just not very important as long as you have some food and reasonable health. Might have to eat beans instead of steak, but that is okay too. I like beans.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#65865 Aug 2, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I agree Pete. I was almost a goner 3 years ago and I enjoy every day that the ol' ground hog is not delivering my mail yet.
But it does make one realize that material goods are just not very important as long as you have some food and reasonable health. Might have to eat beans instead of steak, but that is okay too. I like beans.
Realistically beans with rice or some other kind of grain is far better for one than the steak anyway. Beans and grains together make complete protein. I like beans too, I've yet to find any kind of beans I don't like.

Scotts Vegas

#65866 Aug 2, 2012
But I still gotta have that polish kielbasa cooked in my beans.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65867 Aug 2, 2012
Pinto beans with a little salt pork and onion and some sweet pickle relish... yum

Green beans with ham hock and chopped onion..

Red beans and rice

Baked beans... they are all good, maybe i should get off here and start cooking. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65868 Aug 2, 2012
You folks have a good day. The dog decided that it was not quite daybreak yet. I will catch some more zzzzzzzs and then see if any baby chicks hatched overnight. Thanks for the wee hours entertainment.

Scotts Vegas

#65869 Aug 2, 2012
15 bean soup! I don't know if you guys have ever had it but it's a real treat. I also like the relish in mine.

Scotts Vegas

#65870 Aug 2, 2012
Good rest of the day to both of you! I slept about 3 and woke up wide awake. Reckon I'll go water the maters, then decide on trying to crash or getting a jump on the day.

“Crossing the road”

Since: Jun 12

I hope I make it!

#65871 Aug 2, 2012
I'm sure not going to western KY.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#65872 Aug 2, 2012
Goodmorning. If you are following the Olympics, you may notice this one has been a very political event from the first timer going off. The games are a world event but NBC has went Nazi on controlling broadcast, competetors are intentionally being banned in protest for stupid rules changes, sponsorship blocking and a host of other dark deeds. This Olympics will be more remembered as a foundation for improvment to future games.

On the lighter side, the number one complaint by London visitors, bird crap. Seems Englands pigeons have a good eye for picking out tourist and bombing them, and every park bench and statue in the kingdom. Long live the queen.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65873 Aug 2, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>That is a very good observation. The event took place in the winter and the wind is typically out of the North that time of year. It would have only taken a few hours to disperse 40 miles South of the plant.
RP, since I don't live in that area, I don't know if the birds were tested to see what killed them. It could have been something they drank or ate as well, 99% of the public doesn't know that UF6 gas is the deadliest poison above nerve gases or biological germ warfare. It can kill ANY living thing in milliseconds of contact with it.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#65874 Aug 2, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The dog and the rooster were a little early, perhaps it was the moon shining so bright they thought it was almost daybreak. Beautiful moon out...
Blue Moon of Kentucky keep on Shining
It was so awesome.... Good day to you AW .Maybe your rooster is like mine, his time clock is out of whack. lol
Here is you all a GREAT DAY
May a great day come your way
May your road be easy and your ride pleasant
May your heart not be troubled but still touched
May your mind be filled with pleasant things and
May no harm come your way, to you or those you love....
Day all.....

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#65876 Aug 2, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Goodmorning. If you are following the Olympics, you may notice this one has been a very political event from the first timer going off. The games are a world event but NBC has went Nazi on controlling broadcast, competetors are intentionally being banned in protest for stupid rules changes, sponsorship blocking and a host of other dark deeds. This Olympics will be more remembered as a foundation for improvment to future games.
On the lighter side, the number one complaint by London visitors, bird crap. Seems Englands pigeons have a good eye for picking out tourist and bombing them, and every park bench and statue in the kingdom. Long live the queen.
Speaking as a casual observer of an otherwise boring spectacle, I'd just like to remind you that NBC is carrying the coverage, so that may explain the politicism of the coverage. They experienced a glitch, just last night, as a matter of fact. The Chinese badminton team, as well as a few other badminton teams, cheated and conspired to lose their respective games on purpose. This was so that they could drop to the next bracket, in order to avoid having to play better teams. The two hour glitch occurred when no one at NBC could find a way to blame it on George W. Bush. Finally, in desperation over "dead air," NBC was forced to do something totally foreign to them..... tell the truth.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65877 Aug 2, 2012
My friend said he found a note on his refridgerator that said "It is not working and I am going home to mama".

He said he did not understand, because he looked into the refrigerator and the light was on and his beer was cold.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#65878 Aug 2, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My friend said he found a note on his refridgerator that said "It is not working and I am going home to mama".
He said he did not understand, because he looked into the refrigerator and the light was on and his beer was cold.
Glad the beer was cold, Scruffy Nuts.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#65879 Aug 2, 2012
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking as a casual observer of an otherwise boring spectacle, I'd just like to remind you that NBC is carrying the coverage, so that may explain the politicism of the coverage. They experienced a glitch, just last night, as a matter of fact. The Chinese badminton team, as well as a few other badminton teams, cheated and conspired to lose their respective games on purpose. This was so that they could drop to the next bracket, in order to avoid having to play better teams. The two hour glitch occurred when no one at NBC could find a way to blame it on George W. Bush. Finally, in desperation over "dead air," NBC was forced to do something totally foreign to them..... tell the truth.
Of course it had to be politics. Your entire life is politics and stale jokes.
hilarious

Pikeville, KY

#65882 Aug 2, 2012
funny

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#65885 Aug 2, 2012
Fraggle Wabbit wrote:
<quoted text>
RP, since I don't live in that area, I don't know if the birds were tested to see what killed them. It could have been something they drank or ate as well, 99% of the public doesn't know that UF6 gas is the deadliest poison above nerve gases or biological germ warfare. It can kill ANY living thing in milliseconds of contact with it.
If that's what killed them, I suppose a lot of other living creatures would have taken a "dive" also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is the beat local lyricist? 13 min MissingHipHop 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min ChromiuMan 141,501
Best milf 32 min keith 25
5 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in Frankfort (Feb '11) 2 hr just wait 99
Bartender with the dumb hair at B-dubs. 2 hr That Guy 2
News Martin Luther King Jr. monument brings rights a... (Oct '11) 6 hr rebel111 15
blonde headed victoria smith 7 hr Hmmm 16
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages