Bistro 241 is off and running

Bistro 241 is off and running

There are 14 comments on the State Journal story from Mar 2, 2011, titled Bistro 241 is off and running. In it, State Journal reports that:

The new restaurant that opened today, March 1st on West Main Street, Bistro 241, is going to be a great addition to fine dining in Frankfort.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at State Journal.

lovesbistro

Frankfort, KY

#1 Mar 2, 2011
Awesome resturaunt everything about it is fabulous! Congrats guys.
I Totally Agree

Louisville, KY

#2 Mar 2, 2011
I enjoyed a great lunch there with friends today. Food was great and service was top notch. Can't wait to have dinner...soon!
Agree

Frankfort, KY

#3 Mar 3, 2011
Food was delicious, but it was pricey.
Rainaonyx

United States

#4 Oct 13, 2011
The bistro is a joke
Roland Deschain

Washington, DC

#5 Oct 14, 2011
Rainaonyx wrote:
The bistro is a joke
Is it still open?
Ukcatsno1

Frankfort, KY

#6 Nov 12, 2011
Yea, it's really gone downhill since Chef Mike left!! Rumor has it the co-owner was crazy, paid all her bills but didn't pay him. Big mistake...you got to pay the Chef. I never see anybody in there anymore. I think it will be closed soon. That lady has no idea on how to run a business or keep employees or customers!

Since: Oct 11

Washington, DC

#7 Nov 14, 2011
Mrs Deschain and I ate dinner there last week and it was excellent. I had the tuba and she had the stuffed pork chop. Service was a tad slow but we weren't in a hurry. Appetizer, Mains, dessert and drinks was $65. I think it was reasonable, and it was definitely delicious. We're going back this week.
Ugh

United States

#8 Nov 14, 2011
Roland Deschain1 wrote:
Mrs Deschain and I ate dinner there last week and it was excellent. I had the tuba and she had the stuffed pork chop. Service was a tad slow but we weren't in a hurry. Appetizer, Mains, dessert and drinks was $65. I think it was reasonable, and it was definitely delicious. We're going back this week.
You should really try the tube steak.
Former Employee

Frankfort, KY

#9 Nov 15, 2011
Ukcatsno1 wrote:
Yea, it's really gone downhill since Chef Mike left!! Rumor has it the co-owner was crazy, paid all her bills but didn't pay him. Big mistake...you got to pay the Chef. I never see anybody in there anymore. I think it will be closed soon. That lady has no idea on how to run a business or keep employees or customers!
Chef Mike was a very sad excuse of a chef. He coudn't train anybody, and treated his staff really poorly. Everybody in the Culinary world, knows that he is one of the Chefs to watch out for. He has a lot of his customers fooled.

The restaurant itself was doomed for the start. They have really bad management; they where very disorganized, and they are extremely lacking in kitchen staff.
Who is

Frankfort, KY

#10 Nov 18, 2011
Who is the chef there now?
okay

Frankfort, KY

#11 Nov 19, 2011
Ukcatsno1 wrote:
Whoever this is whatever "Chef" Mike told you, isn't the whole story. Before you get on topix and make claims be sure you're not getting your story from a disgruntled "chef".
Tangeray

United States

#12 Dec 17, 2011
I agree with you ukcatsno1 regarding the co-owner Brenda Dinkins Allen being a crazed lunatic for trying to run a business in the first place. She has no people skills and is irrational and does not know how to treat customers, staff or empoloyees. This woman is clearly motivated by money and nothing else... no scruples... I would never do business with her. She has got a rep as far as Frankfort KY to the border of Texas and it is littered with carcasses of her trying to step on people to get to the top. I heard her las job fired her and that's why she tried to get in the restaurant business... she is washed up as an attorney....What a piece of work! I heard the restaurant is already closed.. did not even make it a year... geeze:>)
Anonymous

Frankfort, KY

#13 Jan 1, 2012
You obviously don't know Brenda Allen if that's how you describe her just because you "hear" these things does not mean their true she was fired from her job because she knew how corrupt they were and wanted too stop them.And how can you say she doesn't treat staff and employes right when she always makes sure they get paid first and that she doesn't get a penny of the income without her employes getting paid.And what do you mean by washed up attorney? She owns her own law firm and gets multiple clients a day. And you also said you "heard" the restaurant was closed well clearly you heard false again,its still up and running.So next time you try to talk negatively about somebody on the internet at least know what you are talking about
greg

Hollywood, FL

#14 Jan 1, 2012
Its great to have resturants like this in frankfort. we are sick of the ones on 127, so we drive to lexington and louisville to take my baby out fir a gorment bite.
i really dont want to get into this fued, but who the fu(k is mrs Deschain???!?? You talk about her like she is the queen of England and we should know her... i bet she pays ur way and bought u an anal plug for christmas.nn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's the girl working in the ER at FRMC 29 min Eww 17
blonde headed victoria smith 1 hr Mad white woman 14
juniper hills pool 3 hr Unreal 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 141,455
Ban Firework 4 hr hank snow 4
are they setting off fireworks tomorrow 4 hr Ban the 4th 6
Amanda Ingels 5 hr What 10
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages