Police Scanners

Louisville, KY

#1 Oct 25, 2011
Who still has a police scanner that works

Please give details on Make and Model of your scanner
if it is still working and place where you purchased it.

Know there are still people have working scanners so please
don't post on "NOT WORKING ANYMORE" scanners
Only interested in the Kind that is working.

Thanks for information
yep

Shelbyville, KY

#3 Oct 25, 2011
there are no scanners out there that will pick up the fpd they are all digital
hahahaha

Orlando, FL

#5 Oct 26, 2011
Buy a digital scanner. They are exspensive
radioshack

Frankfort, KY

#6 Oct 26, 2011
has a converter. I heard it was about 60bucks
frankfort

Frankfort, KY

#7 Oct 26, 2011
Radio shack told me that there was no scanner that will decode because the new digital that the police have is scrambled.
brenda

Shelbyville, KY

#8 Oct 26, 2011
Have one on my iPhone it's an app but not sure if it picks up fpd
scanner man

AOL

#9 Oct 27, 2011
any digital scanner gets frankfort police but not the old analog ones.
Police

United States

#10 Oct 27, 2011
Quit worrying about everyone else and worry bout your self
oh no

Louisville, KY

#11 Oct 27, 2011
go ahead and waste your money on a $400 digital scanner and have a $400 paper weight, it wont pick up the new digital police radios.
NoScanner

Frankfort, KY

#12 Oct 27, 2011
You're out of luck in Franfort. Even top of the line digital scanners won't pick up the traffic now. The first responders (EMS, police, sheriff, etc) have all moved to new digital radios that are based on Nexedge. There are currently no scanners on the market that decode Nexedge. The state police still use APCO 25 so the higher end trunking scanners will still pick them up but the local stuff is off the radar for now until someone comes out with a Nexedge scanner. Even then, the signal is probably encrypted so it won't do any good without the encryption key. Looks like my Bearcat 996T is going up on eBay.

The meeting agenda where they were approved for purchase:
http://www.frankfort.ky.gov/downloads/task,do...

Link to RadioReference.com that talks about Nexedge:
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/NEXE...
Teardrop

United States

#13 Oct 6, 2012
Idont care what white people they smell like wet dog
thatsright

Frankfort, KY

#14 Oct 8, 2012
the digital, encrypted, multi-channel radios, that even do some side-banding on the fly to get transmissions through even when a channel is being used, that the locals, and most other places too, are using would take you a week to decode a 1 second transmission IF you had a dozen powerful computers working on it constantly. The keys are even rolled constantly, so from one transmission to the next you don't have the same signal pattern to deal with. The only thing that doesn't fully change is the initial header info but that will give you absolutely no clue to decode what's there. I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just expensive and illegal.

By the way, your wifi connection can be decrypted in less than an hour with a low end netbook, giving anyone nosy enough complete monitoring of all your traffic as well as anything else your network has
Death

United States

#15 Oct 9, 2012
Police Scanners wrote:
Who still has a police scanner that works
Please give details on Make and Model of your scanner
if it is still working and place where you purchased it.
Know there are still people have working scanners so please
don't post on "NOT WORKING ANYMORE" scanners
Only interested in the Kind that is working.
Thanks for information
I don't know about FPD or FCSO but KSP has a person at each post that set their radio. The trooper turns his radio in to supply at Post 12 (Frankfort) and they have a radio tech that whips it clean. Then when another trooper needs a radio, they are issued out. He then takes it to the post he works out of and their radio tech sets it for the area he works (exm:Post 13 Hazard will have a different frequency then Frankfort post). So what works for somebody else might not work for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min PLEASE 174,852
Mr Wells 26 min CHOPPER 5
will Camy get out 27 min come at me bro 2
Minor stabbed 33 min Well 7
I'll Lindsi Dews Bailed out by Monday Morning 34 min Well 4
DHL /ex excel a joke 1 hr Nasty 19
fcso audit accepted 4 hr Bad Habit 4
Chris Quire and Kathy Carter 5 hr dummysnfrankfort 22

Frankfort Jobs

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages