mommy

Genoa City, WI

#1 Aug 31, 2011
Looking for a day care for my 1 yr old.. need 730-530. Any suggestions?
Abc

United States

#2 Sep 1, 2011
Deff not the nest preschool
Mommy

Frankfort, KY

#3 Sep 1, 2011
Yeah i agree with Abc, i took my kids out because of all the trouble i had with them people,,,But Southern Preschool and Noahs Ark are really good daycares and they are really good with the children
Abc

Frankfort, KY

#4 Sep 1, 2011
Took my child out because they was spraying the kids in the face with water. 1 yr olds. They are not dogs, they are children.
former resident

Frankfort, KY

#5 Sep 1, 2011
My sons attends FirstCare, which is part of the First United Methodist Church. A beautiful building, fabulous teachers, and very accomodating hours. You can view pictures on the website for the church.
mommy

Genoa City, WI

#6 Sep 1, 2011
Do you know the rates to any of these? I need good but cheap :(
Mommy

Frankfort, KY

#7 Sep 2, 2011
Southern Preschool is on the STARS program, and my kids go there, just research about the STARS program in your area and you will find what you are looking for... :)
NO

Frankfort, KY

#8 Sep 2, 2011
Do NOT enroll at southern! They are horrible so is the nest. First care is great and I agree with noahs ark but def not southern. I regret ever having my child there. Read the thread already started about southern. That stuff is TRUE!!
Hey

United States

#9 Sep 2, 2011
Noahs ark is great. Open 530 am to 6pm. Good with kids
no no no

United States

#10 Sep 2, 2011
Do not send your child to southern..the owners are not good people and don't care about the kids only about money and making themselves look good. I loved the nest and miss hardin when my son went there but that's been over 10 years ago and im sure they probably don't have the same teachers anymore. Id stick w a church..they usually have the best teachers, lessons, and price!:) good luck!
Mommy

Frankfort, KY

#11 Sep 2, 2011
Well from my opinion and with my kids going their at Southern they are really awesome. My 3 year old came home after a couple weeks of being their and she finaly caught on6 to her abc's, can count all the way to 25 by herself, and also knows her months and seasons, i mean dont get me wrong someone elses opinion may be different then mine but from my eyes they hve been nothing but good and wonderful to my kids.
Abc

Frankfort, KY

#12 Sep 2, 2011
no no no wrote:
Do not send your child to southern..the owners are not good people and don't care about the kids only about money and making themselves look good. I loved the nest and miss hardin when my son went there but that's been over 10 years ago and im sure they probably don't have the same teachers anymore. Id stick w a church..they usually have the best teachers, lessons, and price!:) good luck!
Mrs hardin hits the kids. Shes really mean to them
no no no

United States

#13 Sep 2, 2011
I did not ever know that about her..my son adored her..most days he would have rather been up front w her then in his classroom..its so hard to chose day cares anymore bc it seems as if everyone has had bad experiences everywhere! And that's a shame bc these kids are our future! The main problem is child care doesn't pay well so you get what you pay for..I worked at childrens universe for 3 years and not only did I only make 5.75 an hour..butttt my checks would bounce atleast once a month! Its so sad really! Good luck finding a good center for your little 1:)
tantrum

Lafayette, CA

#14 Sep 5, 2011
Your individual experience depends on your child's temper and the staff's ability and training to deal with it. If your child doesn't cause problems, it will be happy at pretty much any daycare. If your child causes trouble, then you might have a negative experience.

Go, do yourself a favor and check out the facilities and staff. Any reputable location will be happy to show you around and let you talk to the teachers.

Once you placed your child, go and visit to see what is going on and if your child seems to be happy. Again, any reputable location will let you do that.

And yes, for the most part you get what you pay for.$5.75/hr is minimum wage. Think a person getting that will be happy to wipe your child's snot nose?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No smoking at state office buildings 4 min Too funny 156
So What's the Real Word on Hudson Hollow... 5 min uh huh 14
Reece where are you 2 hr Looking for BJ 1
Chris Ballenger "aka Hybrid" (Oct '10) 2 hr Laurie_Toadvine 99
Linney's Pizza 2 hr Town Critic 17
Amanda brown 2 hr Town Critic 13
slamm: the wrath of kubla khan 2 hr Sidelines 5
The Dragon 22 hr Former customer 31

Child Abduction Emergency for Franklin County was issued at December 18 at 6:35PM EST

Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Frankfort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Frankfort

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:00AM