What happened to Ronnie Hockensmith

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Working Mom

AOL

#1 Apr 7, 2010
Just seen in paper where he passed away. Did he go to WHHS?
1tfigures

Frankfort, KY

#2 Apr 7, 2010
OH here we go.. Leave the man alone. Let him rest.
A close friend

Louisville, KY

#3 Apr 7, 2010
Yes, he did go to WHHS. He died of a brain anuerism. Very sad. Had two young children and a sister that just passed away not even 6 months ago! Please pray for the family!
Working Mom

AOL

#4 Apr 7, 2010
I'm sure you don't know me, but both of my boys went to WHHS and I knew him thru them. If I'm right Billy was a brother and he was close to my son that passed away in 2004. In fact after my son got sick and was wheelchaired Billy came to our house picked my son up and took him to O'Charlie's and they would watch games. I have been forever thankful to him for that. My son always said people stare at you when your in a wheelchair and Billy got him thru that and out in public. My heart goes out to the family, losing one child is bad enough I couldn't imagine losing two.
FkftBorn

Lawrenceburg, KY

#5 Apr 7, 2010
I went to school w/Ronnie and I knew his sister, as well. It's a sad thing that their parents are having to deal with and my heart breaks for them.

1tfigures - jump to conclusions much? No one was bashing the family or the deceased. Someone was wanting to know what happened. I don't think that Working Mom would be wanting to call the family and ask - that would be rude. As bad as Topix sometimes is, it is also a way to find out what has happened to someone you think you might know, so that you can either give condolences later on or maybe make plans to attend the wake.
Skull-n-crossbon es

Frankfort, KY

#6 Apr 7, 2010
1tfigures wrote:
OH here we go.. Leave the man alone. Let him rest.
Hey people can ask questions here, if asking questions pisses you off then avoid the topic and move on.
bosslss

Frankfort, KY

#7 Apr 7, 2010
Is this the Ronnie Hockensmith that worked on appliances, and use to have a shop in Hawkegan? I hope not.
concerned as well

United States

#8 Apr 8, 2010
bosslss wrote:
Is this the Ronnie Hockensmith that worked on appliances, and use to have a shop in Hawkegan? I hope not.
No, it's his son.
1tfigures

Louisville, KY

#9 Apr 8, 2010
Asking questions doesn't piss me off.. when people are truely concerned. On this site, when you put someones name out there, some one regardless if they new this man or not, will always post something negative and THAT is my point. Ronnie HATED topix because of this very reason. So if me, a friend, expressing concern about his name on this site pisses you off, then Mr Cross Bones,you move on to the next topic. If that is me "jumping to conclusions" then it is what it is. I'm just concerned. He has children old enough to know of this site.
Skull-n-crossbon es

Frankfort, KY

#10 Apr 8, 2010
1tfigures wrote:
Asking questions doesn't piss me off.. when people are truely concerned. On this site, when you put someones name out there, some one regardless if they new this man or not, will always post something negative and THAT is my point. Ronnie HATED topix because of this very reason. So if me, a friend, expressing concern about his name on this site pisses you off, then Mr Cross Bones,you move on to the next topic. If that is me "jumping to conclusions" then it is what it is. I'm just concerned. He has children old enough to know of this site.
Yeah whatever. Not pissed, just dealing with this psychotic topix place alot and not really willing to put up with the crap that is served out daily. Have a wonderful day.
Working Mom

AOL

#11 Apr 8, 2010
1tfigures wrote:
Then why didn't you inquire before leaving a nasty response. I was truly concerned.
1tfigures

Louisville, KY

#12 Apr 8, 2010
Because it's the nature of this site.. that's all. My initial response was to protect him. So to you I do apoligize but I don't apologize for my concern for his name on this site.
dont know them

Frankfort, KY

#13 Apr 8, 2010
I don't know anyone involved, just saw his picture and obituary in the SJ. What a shame to have a life cut so short. Let's all pray for him and his family.
Skull-n-crossbon es

Frankfort, KY

#14 Apr 8, 2010
Deepest sympathy to the family for their loss. God bless.
knew him

Frankfort, KY

#15 Apr 8, 2010
I knew him this is so sad, and he has 2 young kids, my prayers are with the family in there time of need
FkftBorn

Lawrenceburg, KY

#16 Apr 8, 2010
I wasn't trying to instigate anything other than concern for the family - I'm sure that the other people on this thread are/were doing the same. I understand your wanting to protect, but it could've been handled with a little more tact, is all I'm trying to say. I'm truly sorry for the family - having lost 2 children is something a parent should NEVER have to do.
bosslss

Frankfort, KY

#17 Apr 11, 2010
concerned as well wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's his son.
My deepest sympathies go to his family, and friends. Sorry for your loss
Was his

United States

#18 Apr 13, 2010
Ronnie hated this site leave his name off here if you have questions ....ask his family
Was his

United States

#19 Apr 13, 2010
He and I both signed the petition to ban this gaw awful site, he would have a fit if he knew his name was on here
Was his

United States

#20 Apr 13, 2010
Working Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why didn't you inquire before leaving a nasty response. I was truly concerned.
If you were "truly concerned" why did you not contact his family instead of putting his name up here on this evil site? This only gives people a chance to drag his name through mud that did not know him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min USA 167,481
I am the newest topix legend 20 min NSider 47
I love Joel osteen 21 min Helpys Helper 26
Meth 29 min wtf 10
shasta maupin 30 min wtf 8
Fake women 1 hr Ewwgross 8
Paul Reed (Dec '09) 2 hr Daughter 75
Sheriff Melton's son arrested on drug charges 11 hr Morgan 123

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web