First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Hail Satan!”

Since: Dec 12

Hell

#23 May 3, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm willing to bet you haven't the foggiest idea what Matthew 7 means.
Matthew 7:1 states, "Judge not, lest ye be judged." It means do not judge or you will be judged the same way.
Question

Coxs Creek, KY

#24 May 3, 2013
Satanic Priestess wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 7:1 states, "Judge not, lest ye be judged." It means do not judge or you will be judged the same way.
That's a really good example of really bad Biblical interpretation. Also known as "proof texting", taking something out of context to try to make a point. You (and millions of others before you) have misinterpreted its meaning. Yes Christ says “Judge not, lest ye be judged.” But the passage doesn't end there.

Christ follows up his warning with an explanation: "For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

In Matthew 7, then, Jesus isn't telling us not to judge, in fact he’s *telling* us to judge. He's saying, however,(a) judge yourself first, and (b) don't judge anyone by a standard you aren't willing to be judged by yourself. In Matthew 7 Jesus speaks against hypocrisy, not judgment.

“Hail Satan!”

Since: Dec 12

Hell

#25 May 3, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a really good example of really bad Biblical interpretation. Also known as "proof texting", taking something out of context to try to make a point. You (and millions of others before you) have misinterpreted its meaning. Yes Christ says “Judge not, lest ye be judged.” But the passage doesn't end there.
Christ follows up his warning with an explanation: "For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
In Matthew 7, then, Jesus isn't telling us not to judge, in fact he’s *telling* us to judge. He's saying, however,(a) judge yourself first, and (b) don't judge anyone by a standard you aren't willing to be judged by yourself. In Matthew 7 Jesus speaks against hypocrisy, not judgment.
Everyone has their own interpretation of things, even things not associated with the bible. You have your interpretation and I have mine. It does not mean either one of us is wrong.
I was raised in a baptist home and went to church every time the doors were open. I even went to a christian school. I did not have a choice in going. I was forced to go. I was told the holy spirit interprets things and gives the person the interpretation. I know more about the bible than the average person does. I refuse to believe the lies and contradictions the bible has (and it has a lot of contradictions).
So, before you judge me, look at yourself and make sure you are perfect and have never done anything wrong.

“Hail Satan!”

Since: Dec 12

Hell

#26 May 3, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a really good example of really bad Biblical interpretation. Also known as "proof texting", taking something out of context to try to make a point. You (and millions of others before you) have misinterpreted its meaning. Yes Christ says “Judge not, lest ye be judged.” But the passage doesn't end there.
Christ follows up his warning with an explanation: "For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother,‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
In Matthew 7, then, Jesus isn't telling us not to judge, in fact he’s *telling* us to judge. He's saying, however,(a) judge yourself first, and (b) don't judge anyone by a standard you aren't willing to be judged by yourself. In Matthew 7 Jesus speaks against hypocrisy, not judgment.
By the way, your (b) is basically the same thing that I said in different words.
You really are a dumbass.
Guardian Angel

Charleston, WV

#27 May 3, 2013
The bible also said,ye,without sin cast the first stone.This from the woman they were going to stone to death .By,the way I was raised pentecostel from a baby.
Jar Head

Florence, KY

#28 May 5, 2013
They grow them ponytails so their boyfriend will have something to hold on to while he's beatin' up that ass.
paul frankfort

Barnesville, OH

#30 May 12, 2013
flat head freddie you know when you see him he has a fat head and big ears and can't grow hair on that ugly head of his.and dates cross dresser from frankfort and new york
preacher man

Barnesville, OH

#31 May 12, 2013
the prayer by johnny paycheck is the kinda person that you are flat head freddie you judge people by there looks not whats in there hearts that makes you a fool. i bet you stand at the front doors at church and turn people away .jessus had long hair
Jar Head

Florence, KY

#32 May 12, 2013
preacher man wrote:
the prayer by johnny paycheck is the kinda person that you are flat head freddie you judge people by there looks not whats in there hearts that makes you a fool. i bet you stand at the front doors at church and turn people away .jessus had long hair
When Jesus comes back he will be wearing a flat top like me.
preacher man

Barnesville, OH

#33 May 13, 2013
when jessus returns he will be riding a harley davison and letting his long hair be blowing in the wind .
Jar Head

Florence, KY

#34 May 13, 2013
preacher man wrote:
when jessus returns he will be riding a harley davison and letting his long hair be blowing in the wind .
I will sit him down and give him a flattop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min ChromiuMan 132,247
shooting on taylor avenue - what happened 21 min tragedy 3
how many ppl has she gave it too? 1 hr shestricky 1
alot of questions about suboxone.what ins. cove... 2 hr questions 1
wooldrige jewlers are crooks 2 hr true 15
policeoncams.com 2 hr WOW 2
road block 3 hr Gotaway 15
10 year old dies of herion over dose 12 hr Well 9
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Frankfort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Frankfort

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:49 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:49AM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans: Live Score and Analysis for Tennessee
Bleacher Report 8:59 AM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans: Live Indianapolis Score and Analysis
NBC Sports 9:45 AM
Report: Hakeem Nicks needs TD catch for $250,000 bonus
Bleacher Report11:21 AM
Luck Sets Colts' Single-Season Passing Record
NBC Sports11:58 AM
Wayne hurts groin, Shipley carted off sideline - NBC Sports