Bessemer school superintendent interv...

Bessemer school superintendent interviews to start

There are 50 comments on the AL.com story from May 15, 2011, titled Bessemer school superintendent interviews to start. In it, AL.com reports that:

The Bessemer Board of EduA cation has narrowed down its field of candidates for school superintendent from 26 to five and plans to begin interviews Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AL.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
go hot dogs

Cicero, IN

#1 May 16, 2011
what school is this for
Dah

Frankfort, IN

#2 May 16, 2011
What is this? What is this all about????
Doe

Indianapolis, IN

#3 May 17, 2011
If you clicked the link above, you would have read that Dr. Les Bivens has applied for a superintendent position in Bessemer, AL.
CeCe

West Lafayette, IN

#4 May 17, 2011
We could only get so lucky and see him waddle away.
OMG

United States

#5 May 17, 2011
Bel Biv DeVoe wanting out before he gets to move into the Taj Mahal! Hope he takes the rest of the school board with him.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#6 May 17, 2011
Maybe we could sell the Taj Mahal when he leaves!
Ignorance

Indianapolis, IN

#7 May 18, 2011
So just so we can get this straight...
1) How can Dr. Bivens be totally responsible for the Rudd property?
2) After the way our city has treated him and called him names, why would anyone want to stay here?
3)Where is the outrage for our test scores?
4) Where is the outrage for our lack of teachers and administrators living in our community contributing to our tax base - moreover, being role models in our community?
5)We gripe and complain but when is the last time anyone on here has volunteered their time to our community?
6)Heaven forbid anyone hold our administrators accountable - Is is okay that almost 1/2 of our incoming freshman are not at reading level? Mmmm...where have they been three years prior to becoming freshman?
7)Why do we feel it is acceptable that our AD disciplines athletes differently? Does anyone know the whole story?
8)Why was our community suckered by a man who could care less about us and left our school system in shambles? Thank you so very much Kevin Caress supporters! Wake up Frankfort - ask around to see all of the things that were NOT done the years prior.

Signed,
A parent who is so embarrassed by our community, its ignorance and white trash attitudes.
andone

Frankfort, IN

#8 May 18, 2011
Well said ignorance!!!! How about this one we have a local hero police officer that risked his life without thinking twice to save a 84 year old woman from a burning house but just received a letter from Bevins telling him he was no longer needed for Frankfort's Freshman Basketball coach , which he has coached for the last two years. This police officer was born and raised in this community and so was his family. And we wonder why our community and school system is in the shape it's in. Shame on the Frankort school board for allowing this happen. What a wonderful role model our students / basketball players just lost.
Shamed Hot Dog

Frankfort, IN

#9 May 18, 2011
andone wrote:
Well said ignorance!!!! How about this one we have a local hero police officer that risked his life without thinking twice to save a 84 year old woman from a burning house but just received a letter from Bevins telling him he was no longer needed for Frankfort's Freshman Basketball coach , which he has coached for the last two years. This police officer was born and raised in this community and so was his family. And we wonder why our community and school system is in the shape it's in. Shame on the Frankort school board for allowing this happen. What a wonderful role model our students / basketball players just lost.
Don't forget about the last superintendent Dr. Careless, he got rid of officer Wes right before Careless left the school system.

I believe it is time to get rid of all those on the school board and start fresh but unfortunately their terms expire at different dates. Keep this in mind that Dean Huddleston and Chuck Herndon's term ends this June 30th, 2011. VOTE THEM OUT!

Sandra Stevenson - June 30th, 2012
Joyce Jacobs - June 30th, 2012
Carol Bartley - June 30th, 2012
Ron Kelly - June 30th, 2014
Dennis Cleaver - June 30th, 2014

Keep these dates in mind. Start voting them out one by one.
Shamed Hot Dog

Frankfort, IN

#10 May 18, 2011
One more thing. These school board members aren't that smart. I mean look at the fiasco with the Rudd building. Anyone, especially these people, should know that you must do a search to find out if taxes are owed on a property before you purchase. Huddleston of all other school board members should have known about this since he is was in financing at Farmers Bank.

This fact alone should tell you the kind of people we have making decisions for our schools. Even I knew you had to do a title search on a property if it is a tax or sheriff's sale.

Unbelievable!
the rest of the story

Washington, DC

#11 May 18, 2011
andone wrote:
Mr danner was the 3rd choice for the freshman basketball job when he was hired. He's not respected by the kids probably because he acts like one of them. Dont believe me?look at his Facebook page.

There's more to giving to your community than just being a cop. And he is just a cop. A poor one at that.
Picky

Frankfort, IN

#12 May 18, 2011
Huddleston might as well say goodbye to his position on the school board. I know a few people who are dedicated to the community and school, who have no personal agenda to no one, but the tax payers. I believe there will be a complete turn over on the board and it will be for the best!
Mary Dose

Frankfort, IN

#13 May 18, 2011
Where and When can you sign up to run?
This information needs to be out there too!
Aka

Chicago, IL

#14 May 18, 2011
the rest of the story wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr danner was the 3rd choice for the freshman basketball job when he was hired. He's not respected by the kids probably because he acts like one of them. Dont believe me?look at his Facebook page.
There's more to giving to your community than just being a cop. And he is just a cop. A poor one at that.
"the rest of the story" you seem to follow Mr. Danner pretty close, is there a reason for that? Do you have children that attend the school or play basketball? Have you talked to any of the students or players that may have been around Mr. Danner? I'm sure Mr. Danner is not perfect nor would he claim to be I'm sure but are you? Maybe you should check with the school to see how much Mr. Danner got paid compared to the amount of hours I'm sure he put in! Remember you WILL be judged the same way you judge other people!! People with a glass jaw should NOT run their mouths! Also kinda funny how you would know that Mr. Danner was 3rd on the list unless your involved with the school system or someone that is gave you this information! God bless everyone!!!
Aka

Chicago, IL

#15 May 18, 2011
"the rest of the story" Explain what Mr. Danner's facebook so childish?? Is anyone's Facebook page adult like, not sure about that!
andone

Frankfort, IN

#16 May 18, 2011
I don't beleive he was 3rd choice but it doesn't matter what order of choice he was. He took on that thankless, under paid coaching job and did a good job at it. Like AKA stated there are endless hours in coaching, but I'm assuming you would not know that, you are one of those un grateful citizens that sit back and find fault with everyone usually a sign of jealousy. And if you think putting your life on the line everyday is being a bad cop I will take a bad cop anyday. When you get into a civil servant position you are open to ridicule everyday and I just thank God everyday that there are still people like Mr. Danner that will take on the role of a Police officer.

Since: May 11

Greenfield, IN

#17 May 19, 2011
Hope Biven goes and I hope the door hits him squarely in his big fat ass. The man has been and always will be a disaster for the community AND THE SCHOOL CORPORATION.

If Bessemer School Corp ask any questions around this town, NO Way he gets a job with them. OUR LOSE AGAIN!!!!!
Ignorance

Indianapolis, IN

#18 May 19, 2011
Mr. Danner just rec'd his life lesson on how the "system" works. Just as when a new city administration comes in, jobs shift. Our new basketball coach should be able to decide who he wants on his staff. If he sees that Mr. Danner's skill as a coach is good, he might again coach. Perhaps his skills as a role model might be better served strengthening our elementary programs.

Once again, as shown in the post above, we have people in our community that just don't get it. Just exactly what has Dr. Bivens done that has caused an absolute disaster? There may have been a few decisions that have caused some logistical problems for parents, but has he done anything that has caused great harm? Quite honestly, our downward spiral was caused more than 2 years ago. It would also be nice if people would realize that monies in Capital Projects CANNOT be used for transportation or general funds. Still cannot wrap around the idea that people want to bash someone, but don't become enraged at our students lack of success.
ignorance is bliss

Frankfort, IN

#19 May 19, 2011
Ignorance wrote:
Mr. Danner just rec'd his life lesson on how the "system" works. Just as when a new city administration comes in, jobs shift. Our new basketball coach should be able to decide who he wants on his staff. If he sees that Mr. Danner's skill as a coach is good, he might again coach. Perhaps his skills as a role model might be better served strengthening our elementary programs.
Once again, as shown in the post above, we have people in our community that just don't get it. Just exactly what has Dr. Bivens done that has caused an absolute disaster? There may have been a few decisions that have caused some logistical problems for parents, but has he done anything that has caused great harm? Quite honestly, our downward spiral was caused more than 2 years ago. It would also be nice if people would realize that monies in Capital Projects CANNOT be used for transportation or general funds. Still cannot wrap around the idea that people want to bash someone, but don't become enraged at our students lack of success.
the people are represented by the school board. the school board hires the sup. the sup, through his admin directly affect the students. if the people want a sup that will invest in this community and be part of it while he or she goes about the job, then go tell your board members what you want! no more in this $115k job!
KnockOut

Chicago, IL

#20 May 19, 2011
Stop talking about the pay if you want to coach you know you don't get paid well. And role model lol great joke you all forget that being a cop or firefighter doesn't automatically make you a great role model. And he is not a great role model you can't take girls on ride alongs and have sex with them on the job in the police car. And this go for you too Alan brown. So stop acting like some great coach got the short end of the stick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot Dog Festival 6 hr The Inquirer 13
Jim Moyer you crack me up! Tue The Inquirer 9
Poll Does Frankfort Want A 10 Million Dollar Police ... Jul 27 MohammedIsMyCopilot 14
Selfies Jul 25 Allen 5
National guard carrying real weapons Jul 25 Retired Military 4
old cvs bulding (Jul '14) Jul 24 Welcome 21
Too bad for the truth Jul 22 Voted for Progress 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages