No tax break for grocery store

Feb 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WLFI-TV West Lafayette

A grocery store wanting to come to Frankfort will not receive a tax break from the city.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Thanks Mayor and Woods

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

You won't help them, but you'll spend taxpayers money to get Ivy Tech in here with no creation of new jobs.
Thank you so much
What a joke

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Yet people will still continue to shop out of town in Lebanon & Lafayette because there is no variety in the stores in Frankfort.
Not surprised at all they voted this down. I'm sure the good old boys had a celebration after the meeting to pat themselves on the back.
Why

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

didn't Woods remove himself from voting? I don't care what anyone says, that was a conflict of interest.

Sad that you can comment taxpayers money to a two million dollar project that will most likely be a bust in 5 years as well as transfer employees to frankfort, but only hire one or two, but can give a new building and a new business who offers new full time and part time jobs a break.

Maybe you should take some of the tax abatements that you give Dameons and spread it among small businesses. I don't see them hiring anyone or building anything new.
kids games

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Thanks Mayor and Woods wrote:
You won't help them, but you'll spend taxpayers money to get Ivy Tech in here with no creation of new jobs.
Thank you so much
Your understanding of the truth is blinded by your hate. The mayor does not VOTE in these matters, just the council.Question for you, what do you think having between 500 and 1000 people coming into our town daily will do for our small business owners. Why do you think our industry on the west side of town is making an investment in Ivy, they benefit by having a more educated work force.Please if you want to make comments on here, at least make them believable or logical.
Get a grip

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

kids games wrote:
<quoted text>Your understanding of the truth is blinded by your hate. The mayor does not VOTE in these matters, just the council.Question for you, what do you think having between 500 and 1000 people coming into our town daily will do for our small business owners. Why do you think our industry on the west side of town is making an investment in Ivy, they benefit by having a more educated work force.Please if you want to make comments on here, at least make them believable or logical.
Did the Mayor or the council bring Ivy Tech here? After all, if your logic is true, then the city council brought Ivy Tech here since they agreed to fund this project. Oh and by the way, the Mayor didn't vote on this matter either. Or are you one of those that give the Mayor all the credit until its a controversial matter, then the Mayor isn't involved I see. Keep on drinking that green stuff....

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Why wrote:
didn't Woods remove himself from voting? I don't care what anyone says, that was a conflict of interest.
Yes, he abstained from voting on this issue.
old man

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

well the paper just said the cost of ivy tech is 2x what it was going to cost! what the hell is wrong with this picture? you guys that think this is a good deal are half nuts. im just glad im running my own money! i forgot your running my money too! poor me and the rest of frankfort.
Get a grip

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

old man wrote:
well the paper just said the cost of ivy tech is 2x what it was going to cost! what the hell is wrong with this picture? you guys that think this is a good deal are half nuts. im just glad im running my own money! i forgot your running my money too! poor me and the rest of frankfort.
I didn't think it was a good when it cost 2.1 million but now 4.1 million, wow great investment for this fine city. Where in the world will they get this money??? Maybe Shan Sheridan can do another live on 65 and raise a ton of money like he did last. Or did he??
What a joke

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

old man wrote:
I can't wait to hear the Mayor explain himself on this one!! How deceiving.
some thought please

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Get a grip wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the Mayor or the council bring Ivy Tech here? After all, if your logic is true, then the city council brought Ivy Tech here since they agreed to fund this project. Oh and by the way, the Mayor didn't vote on this matter either. Or are you one of those that give the Mayor all the credit until its a controversial matter, then the Mayor isn't involved I see. Keep on drinking that green stuff....
Keep on with the rederick, in the year you have been raging on the mayor you have convinced exactly 0 people of your point, at that rate he will be mayor as long as he wants.
some thought please

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Get a grip wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think it was a good when it cost 2.1 million but now 4.1 million, wow great investment for this fine city. Where in the world will they get this money??? Maybe Shan Sheridan can do another live on 65 and raise a ton of money like he did last. Or did he??
Lets hear you say something educated. Answer this, how much of the total cost will be on the backs of the taxpayer. All of it, 50%, 30%,10%.
Get a grip

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

some thought please wrote:
<quoted text>Lets hear you say something educated. Answer this, how much of the total cost will be on the backs of the taxpayer. All of it, 50%, 30%,10%.
Well, since you have all the answers and I cannot say anything educated, I will let you explain the true cost. I just simply do the math and form an educated answer from what was stated in meetings and what the paper wrote and what Shan Sheridan stated on WILO.

So with that said, its my understanding 1 million dollars has been donated and according to the paper, the project is at 4.1 million dollars. Shan Sheridan stated that IVY Tech would be paying zero to come here and then in meetings, it was discussed the city/county would fund the rest. So I guess all of it, 50%, 30%, 10% would not factor in. I guess the tax payer would be paying 75%. Now that is how I do the math, why don't you fill the rest of us in on what the tax payer will be paying? I am rather curious...

Get a grip

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

some thought please wrote:
<quoted text>Keep on with the rederick, in the year you have been raging on the mayor you have convinced exactly 0 people of your point, at that rate he will be mayor as long as he wants.
He will be Mayor as long as he wants with people like you buying into rhetoric or REDERICK as an educated person such as yourself would spell it. Or just maybe sometime in the near future, people such as yourself will figure it all out. I highly doubt you will figure it out as you continue to look past the obvious..
Hmmm

Portage, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

kids games wrote:
<quoted text>Your understanding of the truth is blinded by your hate. The mayor does not VOTE in these matters, just the council.Question for you, what do you think having between 500 and 1000 people coming into our town daily will do for our small business owners. Why do you think our industry on the west side of town is making an investment in Ivy, they benefit by having a more educated work force.Please if you want to make comments on here, at least make them believable or logical.
Did anyone say the mayor voted??? Reread the posts above.

Do you seriously believe that 500 to a 1000 students will be at FRANKFORT? You should check with Muncie and see how all that "increased" business worked out for them.

I hope the industry makes a huge investment now. Again the city shows it's lack of real estate knowledge. Can you say flood plain??? Can you say walk from Old Stoney to the courthouse and chat with Mark Mills? Or get on www.clintonco.com and click on GIS and get some info. Despite what Stan Smith says, this project will be way more than 2.1 million.

The city is acting like another agency... big plans, vote it thru, then head to the bank because we dont have the money
Huh

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

kids games wrote:
What investment are they making?
Tired of all the Crooks

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Just another day in Franktucky, A bunch of smoke and mirrors run by liers, thieves and hillbilly hypocrites. Things that make you go...hummmmmm. STUNNING!!

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

This ol guy WROTE this post Feb 8 and it was "Snatched" out I have read all this and it KINDA fits here too so just read and glean: Just thought it "Interesting " your profound words that were Judged Brilliant and Agreed with, were stated; "Instead of Slamming "people" here, we should be lifting "him" up in prayer"? First of all, this venue is NOW the only venue allowed for the public to voice their opinions. The TIMES has started EDITING letters to the editor, and WILO is so enthralled with your Million Dollar "Kasper" Secondary Education Mess they have no Time to listen to the people. There are more than ONE person "bashed" in here (as you want to call it). The people have really ONE right left, THAT my friend is the VOTE! And YES they have voted ALL of these people in office, but THAT doesn't mean that they have to LIKE or put UP with every thing that the incumbents are doing. Pray for them Of Course! We are CALLED to Pray for them! But Consittunionally WE THE PEOPLE have a RIGHT to stand up and SPEAK when we SEE and KNOW that WRONG is Being Done. There was ONE Man that was perfect my friend and they threw HIM on a cross! Just remember where you are. You are in a PUBLIC venue where people ARE allowed to Speak their minds. Something that is NOT allowed very much more in this country. Now as this ol guy will say......... Nuf said!
I know who you are

Forest, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Tired of all the Crooks wrote:
Just another day in Franktucky, A bunch of smoke and mirrors run by liers, thieves and hillbilly hypocrites. Things that make you go...hummmmmm. STUNNING!!
Welcome back Martin
Confused

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Every factory in the industrial park has been given tax abatements to build in this town and they can afford the taxes. Why can't our city give abatements to the little guys?
The Mayor

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

is quoted on WLFI and on WILO as saying the police aren't equipped with what they need. Really? That's not what he said several months ago.

I agree with "Confused". Business is business. Whether it's wholesale or retail.

Jobs Mr Mayor, is what it's all about. You ran on the Obama platform of "change". How about changing the councils understanding about bringing some new retail jobs into the city instead of doing the same ol' tax abatement for manufactures, trucking companies, and an accountant?

Have you not figured out that Ivy Tech will be moving teachers from other campuses to teach here? Our city won't get the complete tax credit for those employees.

Come on son... do something for us, the citizens and not just a dentist, bar owner, coffee shop owner, and the baby clothes store owner.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of53
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Frankfort Forum right now

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Frankfort PD enforcing face-to-face visits with... 30 min wow 11
mayor announced friday on wilo another factory ... 1 hr wow 15
Is Richlle Lutz the council person Clinton Coun... 3 hr The grapevine 119
Business owners with a criminal record 12 hr Ghost 21
Based on the forum last night at C.C. Lutz and ... Thu frankfort times suck 12
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Wed Bounty 1,284
the race for sheriff Wed Faucett for sheriff 86
•••
•••