First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Angela

Fountaintown, IN

#62 Mar 25, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to Frankfort Schools and the Falcon was the mascot for Frankfort Junior High which at the time I attended was 7th and 8th grade and was located where the jail is now. As far as changing the mascot I don't understand the purpose behind it? Alot of generations that attended Frankfort are still around and I can't imagine them being okay with the change. Leave things alone and move on to another topic.
Times have changed in Frankfort (from the old days) with the increase in hispanic population. So maybe, I say maybe, the mascot should also change to reflect the large hispanic population numbers. That being said, it will only be a matter of time until this happens. Maybe not this year, but in the next three to five.
Truthbetold

United States

#63 Mar 26, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Times have changed in Frankfort (from the old days) with the increase in hispanic population. So maybe, I say maybe, the mascot should also change to reflect the large hispanic population numbers. That being said, it will only be a matter of time until this happens. Maybe not this year, but in the next three to five.
I don't think population should have anything to do with the mascot... You can't tell me there aren't Hispanics out there that DON'T own a dachshund?? So race shouldn't have sh*t to do with the mascots change whatsoever. I also don't feel that it matter what it's changed too. We should be more focused and worried about our children's education and what's going on inside the schools rather then what our school is representing as a mascot on the basketball court and the name on the back of the jerseys. Dachshund, falcon, monkey, lizard, etc... Shouldn't be a concern. Change it and have something different for the community to represent or leave it for old times sake?? Doesn't matter I don't believe.
DB Coooper

West Lafayette, IN

#64 Mar 26, 2013
Angela is just playing the race card with us.Since when is dog a Mexican dog? How do I judge the race of my cat? Are the groundhogs Asian? Is a Rossville Hornet a racist?
What

Frankfort, IN

#65 Mar 26, 2013
So why don't we just change the name of our town too! Geeze it's been called Frankfort for what a 120+ years now? Let's see...how about Franxico or Mexifrank? Seriously..if you don't like it move..plain and simple. How dare you come here and think you even have a right to suggest changing anything!! Most of us were born and raised here along with several generations. We don't go to Mexico and demand they change anything so get over yourself or move! And no I am not a bigot. I have hispanic friends and african american friends. You don't hear african americans that live here demanding anything it's hispanics like you that give all of them a BAD name! And I agree with Truthbetold, it shouldn't be about the mascot it should be about the quality of education. Speaking of which Frankfort lags behind the other schools because of all the hispanics that can't speak english. I for one and sick and tired of my tax dollars catering to ESL classes. Sorry but that's how I feel about it so Angela it's time to move on!
Angela

Carthage, IN

#66 Mar 27, 2013
What wrote:
So why don't we just change the name of our town too! Geeze it's been called Frankfort for what a 120+ years now? Let's see...how about Franxico or Mexifrank? Seriously..if you don't like it move..plain and simple. How dare you come here and think you even have a right to suggest changing anything!! Most of us were born and raised here along with several generations. We don't go to Mexico and demand they change anything so get over yourself or move! And no I am not a bigot. I have hispanic friends and african american friends. You don't hear african americans that live here demanding anything it's hispanics like you that give all of them a BAD name! And I agree with Truthbetold, it shouldn't be about the mascot it should be about the quality of education. Speaking of which Frankfort lags behind the other schools because of all the hispanics that can't speak english. I for one and sick and tired of my tax dollars catering to ESL classes. Sorry but that's how I feel about it so Angela it's time to move on!
First, I don't consider you a bigot. No name calling on my end. Only Punjab does that to get people banned. Second, Frankfort is often referred to as "Little Mexico" by folks outside of Frankfort. This does not bother me either. Edcation is good because people attending Frankfort schools will need to learn both spanish and english. This will be helpful in life. Like it or not the population is changing in Frankfort as with the rest of the nation. I know change is difficult but you must adjust.
What

Frankfort, IN

#67 Mar 27, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I don't consider you a bigot. No name calling on my end. Only Punjab does that to get people banned. Second, Frankfort is often referred to as "Little Mexico" by folks outside of Frankfort. This does not bother me either. Edcation is good because people attending Frankfort schools will need to learn both spanish and english. This will be helpful in life. Like it or not the population is changing in Frankfort as with the rest of the nation. I know change is difficult but you must adjust.
Right back at you...I was born and raised here so you should adjust to our town and our customs. I have no problem with hispanics acknowleging their customs and I personally enjoy them also but don't come here and expect us to change everything to suite you. No disrespect intended.
truthbetold

Frankfort, IN

#68 Mar 27, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>First, I don't consider you a bigot. No name calling on my end. Only Punjab does that to get people banned. Second, Frankfort is often referred to as "Little Mexico" by folks outside of Frankfort. This does not bother me either. Edcation is good because people attending Frankfort schools will need to learn both spanish and english. This will be helpful in life. Like it or not the population is changing in Frankfort as with the rest of the nation. I know change is difficult but you must adjust.
I fully agree with What and every single word that had been said. It is very wrong of someone to come or groups of people to demand or judge for us to change anything in our town. Things have been the same for so long that it shouldn't start changing now. I'm pretty sure Hispanics receive the same options and varieties in their education as everyone else. When Hispanics started to come in numbers, we never demanding anything of them to change along with their culture other then giving them the experience of learning our language and that's really to benefit them. I also hate to say it but when you say that a lot of people outside this town call it "little Mexico" or " mini Mexico" this doesn't only happen outside this town but inside this town as well. Not only that, but every single time it is said, it's NEVER followed by anything good to say about Hispanics. Not saying this is right by any means because it is NOT but, just letting it known that it is not said because of the fact that the population of Hispanics is growing and starting to become majority of population! Back to main reasoning... Lets focus on our children's education and leave population and race out of it all.
MrT

United States

#69 Apr 3, 2013
Yes I loved Frankfort grew up there and yes the Mexicans have over ran that town. 90% of them are illegal and its bull that there allowed to stay. Most of them are the ones that are bringing the drugs into the town and I know that from past experience
Well

Beijing, China

#70 Apr 3, 2013
MrT wrote:
Yes I loved Frankfort grew up there and yes the Mexicans have over ran that town. 90% of them are illegal and its bull that there allowed to stay. Most of them are the ones that are bringing the drugs into the town and I know that from past experience
Looks like Punjabby is offering up a confession. That explains his mental situation.

11 more steps to go Punjabby...
Farmer Joe

Laurel, IN

#71 Apr 3, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like Punjabby is offering up a confession. That explains his mental situation.
Punjab has serious mental problems. I suspect he has no job/skills and nothing to do, other than to be on the MB. It's sad to see someone fall apart like this, but that is life.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#72 Apr 4, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
This makes no sense. If I was going to personally confess anything why would I do it under a different name?
Peggy

Seymour, IN

#73 Apr 4, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
This makes no sense. If I was going to personally confess anything why would I do it under a different name?
Because this is the way you work. Why don't you go away, no one wants you here.

Location hidden

#74 Apr 5, 2013
Peggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Because this is the way you work. Why don't you go away, no one wants you here.
The way I work? I don't use unregistered sockpuppets like many of you, posting under 2, 3 or more names. I only post under this registered topix account. If you don't believe that then frankly that's your problem, not mine.

Have a nice day.
tgreye

Indianapolis, IN

#75 Apr 5, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I work? I don't use unregistered sockpuppets like many of you, posting under 2, 3 or more names. I only post under this registered topix account. If you don't believe that then frankly that's your problem, not mine.
Have a nice day.
How many socks do you bite down on, Punjab?

Location hidden

#76 Apr 8, 2013
tgreye wrote:
<quoted text>
How many socks do you bite down on, Punjab?
? I don't understand the question. Please explain.
Farmer Joe

Arlington, IN

#77 Apr 8, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
? I don't understand the question. Please explain.
You probably don't. How much cheese do you eat each night?
Truthbetold

United States

#78 Apr 11, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
You know... Everyone... I don't feel that Angela is actually pulling a race card at all. If I've actually got my facts correct (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm pretty sure Angela is actually White herself and she's only suggesting her thoughts off her own home environment. Having three half Hispanic kids and having a dog of that kind herself as a family pet, she has completely based her thoughts around this. But like states Angela, good thoughts from ur own everyday environment and you learned fluent Spanish on your own and helps you in your relationship, but mascot and other things in Frankfort shouldn't revolve around the population whatsoever. We were here. Always have been here. They chose to come here. Find jobs. Committ to ppl here. And they should be the ones to adjust to our atmosphere. That includes learning English, adapting to our schooling and our traditions we have been set on for years. We welcome with open arms but expect respect and open arms from them as well to what they are walking into in Frankfort!! Lets get more involved in our education and helping every single child no matter race on getting through school to graduation n ready for the big real world. Screw the mascot change!!
Lola

Frankfort, IN

#79 Jun 12, 2013
As a Hispanic woman (born and raised in Frankfort), I wanted to tell you Angela that you are a complete idiot. You turned an entire topic about voting for the mascot into race. Yes this topic is old but I don't get on topix very often. Since when does a Chihuahua represent Hispanics? If they were to seriously consider that change I would find it very offensive. I also would not support the change of the mascot because of a growing Hispanic population (or any other race for that matter).

Farmer Joe repeats the same rant over and over about Punjab twisting words into "hate" and trying to get people banned, even after being asked to show proof of it. I picture him as a one-toothed hick sitting behind the computer not knowing what to respond to Punjab so he repeats the same thing over and over. I kept rolling my eyes seeing him make the same post! LMAO!!

And I am happy to see that it pisses people off to hear people speak Spanish. I will be sure to do it more often when I'm out in a store or somewhere public. I speak both languages very fluently and I agree that people who move here from any country should make an effort to learn English, but I also have THE RIGHT to speak whatever language I want. So since it pisses off people who claim to not be bigots, I will do it more often! Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Administrator of Parkview 4 min Reality 19
City wants back Ambulance service (Nov '13) 1 hr anoy 27
Trouble at Parkview (Jun '14) 2 hr Cassie Call 49
federal charges in rape cover up (Mar '14) 10 hr INFOWARS 49
Cole Chambers: CC Most Wanted Thu Richard K 10
Merry Christmas Dec 25 Prancer 2
mike Red perkins and frank hail selling heroin ... Dec 24 Sassy 15
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web