Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#22 Mar 7, 2013
Al Czervik wrote:
<quoted text>So tell what you see in my remarks that makes you think i am anti Hispanic ?
Why do you even care if Hispanics become the majority in Frankfort? Why did you make that comment in the first place?

Location hidden

#23 Mar 7, 2013
Farmer Joe wrote:
Now ther REAL reason he uses the "HATE" word is to build a case to get people banned he does not agree with. Then he SENDS IT TO TOPIX TO GET THEM BANNED.
Prove it or STHU.
Farmer Joe

Honey Creek, WI

#24 Mar 7, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it or STHU.
Farmer Joe wrote:
Now ther REAL reason he uses the "HATE" word is to build a case to get people banned he does not agree with. Then he SENDS IT TO TOPIX TO GET THEM BANNED.
"Prove it or STHU".

Well, well, well, it looks like we have struck a nerve with Punjab. "STHU", such bad language, simply horrible!! His methods have been exposed!!! He uses the "HATE" word then twists statements around, then RATS to the FA. If anyone should be BANNED it's Punjab!!
Farmer Joe

Honey Creek, WI

#25 Mar 7, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you even care if Hispanics become the majority in Frankfort? Why did you make that comment in the first place?
Let me answer this. When the majority RULES, IT RULES!!!
Wow

Michigantown, IN

#26 Mar 7, 2013
Farmer Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me answer this. When the majority RULES, IT RULES!!!
Then why, farmer joe, does a handful of people dictate what happens in this town???
Get a grip

Frankfort, IN

#27 Mar 7, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why, farmer joe, does a handful of people dictate what happens in this town???
Because topix can't band whats not on their site.. I agree, alot of stupid shit is happening in town..
Al Czervik

West Lafayette, IN

#28 Mar 7, 2013
Farmer Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Farmer Joe wrote:
"Prove it or STHU".
Well, well, well, it looks like we have struck a nerve with Punjab. "STHU", such bad language, simply horrible!! His methods have been exposed!!! He uses the "HATE" word then twists statements around, then RATS to the FA. If anyone should be BANNED it's Punjab!!
Yeah!!! Farmer Joe ..., Poor ole PoopJab has the crack pipe one to many times.
Rumor patrol

Frankfort, IN

#29 Mar 7, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list the handful of people you think are running this town.

Location hidden

#30 Mar 8, 2013
Farmer Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Farmer Joe wrote:
"Prove it or STHU".
Shut The Heck Up is bad word?

Again, prove that I have reported posters to Topix and gotten them banned. I state for the record that I have done nothing of the sort.

Location hidden

#31 Mar 8, 2013
Rumor patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list the handful of people you think are running this town.
Yes, please do.
Angela

Palatine, IL

#32 Mar 8, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you or Angela a member of the hispanic community? And if so why do you support the changing of the FHS mascot?
Since you asked, I am hispanic, and a proud member of the Frankfort community. It just seems it's time for the community to have a mascot that reflects the community "at large" (mostly hispanic). It's time for a change.
Al Czervik

West Lafayette, IN

#33 Mar 8, 2013
Congratulations Angela on a well thought out and reasonable response, unfortunately you responded to a person who is unable to comprehend that type of response or is unable to listen to a opinion other then their own .
Angela

Palatine, IL

#34 Mar 8, 2013
Al Czervik wrote:
Congratulations Angela on a well thought out and reasonable response, unfortunately you responded to a person who is unable to comprehend that type of response or is unable to listen to a opinion other then their own .
Thank you very much for your nice reply. Based on some of the other posts on this thread "Punjab" is NOT a nice person and likes to get people banned. Even if you disagree with someone, you should not try and silence them, people should be able to speak their thoughts.
Tradition

Tampa, FL

#35 Mar 8, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you asked, I am hispanic, and a proud member of the Frankfort community. It just seems it's time for the community to have a mascot that reflects the community "at large" (mostly hispanic). It's time for a change.
Not wanting to make anyone made, especially Angela and Punjab, but traditions are traditions. I do not desire to see the Mascot changed because of the "community at large".

My parents attended FHS as did I. My teens are there now and struggle with the language barriers and the teachers having to deal with those same barriers.

I have been forced to learn a third language since my job entails working with the public. I doubt anyone wants to learn latin, but I had to for my education and my job. But to be forced to learn another language (spanish) is a little over the top for me since I was raised in a country where we speak "english".

How would you feel if I spoke latin to you when I was dispensing medicines?

Again, I am not trying to be a bigot or racist... I just like the traditions of the past when it comes to our alma matter and our current language.
AGREE

Frankfort, IN

#36 Mar 8, 2013
Tradition wrote:
<quoted text>
Not wanting to make anyone made, especially Angela and Punjab, but traditions are traditions. I do not desire to see the Mascot changed because of the "community at large".
My parents attended FHS as did I. My teens are there now and struggle with the language barriers and the teachers having to deal with those same barriers.
I have been forced to learn a third language since my job entails working with the public. I doubt anyone wants to learn latin, but I had to for my education and my job. But to be forced to learn another language (spanish) is a little over the top for me since I was raised in a country where we speak "english".
How would you feel if I spoke latin to you when I was dispensing medicines?
Again, I am not trying to be a bigot or racist... I just like the traditions of the past when it comes to our alma matter and our current language.
I agree. I was born and raised here and raised my 2 kids here. My mother was even born and raised here. If you are going to live in America then learn English...this is not being racist it's being a full on american. If I moved to China then I would expect to learn chinese. And while I think being bilingual is a good thing..it should not be required to live here. Nothing is more irritating than standing in a line and hearing a bunch of hispanics speaking spanish behind your back and you have no idea what they are saying not to mention that it's rude. If you're going to live here then learn the language...not too much to ask. And leave our traditions as is. We shouldn't have to change a mascot that has been in place for decades just to please a "large majority" and yes I have friends who are hispanic and very nice people but they speak english!
Get a grip

Frankfort, IN

#37 Mar 9, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
My position!! I am an American that was born here and learned to speak Spanish at a very young age and German. I have since taught my child to speak fluent in German and Spanish and yes he knows English. My question is, should I be able to have my child go to school and refuse to speak English and Spanish and just have him speak German. I am sure most teachers don't speak German but should I mandate everything be put on the back of his paper, homework in German? Would that be right and ok with all or would I have to have him change. The point is, we cater to the hispanics when in fact we shouldn't. So, should they have to put all his homework in German and have a translator for him because I refuse to have him speak only German...
GOOD POINT

Frankfort, IN

#38 Mar 9, 2013
Get a grip wrote:
<quoted text>
My position!! I am an American that was born here and learned to speak Spanish at a very young age and German. I have since taught my child to speak fluent in German and Spanish and yes he knows English. My question is, should I be able to have my child go to school and refuse to speak English and Spanish and just have him speak German. I am sure most teachers don't speak German but should I mandate everything be put on the back of his paper, homework in German? Would that be right and ok with all or would I have to have him change. The point is, we cater to the hispanics when in fact we shouldn't. So, should they have to put all his homework in German and have a translator for him because I refuse to have him speak only German...
I AGREE WITH YOUR POST! I WAS ALSO TOLD BY MY DAUGHTER THAT THEY WERE ALLOWED TO USE CALCULATORS ON THE ISTEP TEST. I KNOW WHEN I HAD TO TAKE THAT TEST YOU COULDN'T USE A CALCULATOR. MY PERSONAL OPINION IS THAT THE HISPANICS AT THE SCHOOL DO NOT SPEAK GOOD ENOUGH ENGLISH FOR THEM TO COMPREHEND WHAT THE TEACHERS ARE TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO THEM. THE SCHOOL DOESN'T WANT IT'S FUNDING TO END, SO THEY LET THE KIDS USE CALCULATORS ON ISTEP????? I DON'T KNOW THIS FORSURE, BUT IT IS MY OPINION. AND I THINK THAT IT IS PATHETIC!

Location hidden

#39 Mar 11, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I suggest you contact your elected school board representative and get that item on their agenda. You have done that, haven't you?

Location hidden

#40 Mar 11, 2013
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on some of the other posts on this thread "Punjab" is NOT a nice person and likes to get people banned.
Please list these people that I have gotten banned, then provide the proof that it was my actions that triggered the banning. Thank you.
Voter

Lafayette, IN

#41 Mar 11, 2013
WOW! 38 posts about racism in some form or another. The original post was supposed to be about supporting the high school so that they might win some national recognition. Wouldn't that be great for Frankfort. Instead you all have turned it into another tirade about hispanics.

Sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Weeks 47 min playa 7
Clinton prairie 4 hr Murphy 18
American Body Shop 14 hr Sue 28
Frankfort Auction Pavillion Thu LaLa 3
clinton prarie football players are quitters an... Wed Give it up 2
Business owners with a criminal record (Mar '14) Wed Warners mow better 42
landscaping Wed Gloria 11
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match

Frankfort Jobs