Random Acts of Kindness

Random Acts of Kindness

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

ColdFusion

Matawan, NJ

#1 Aug 9, 2013
Day after day we are inundated with stories of hatred, violence, kidnappings, drug addiction, murders, shootings, rape etc... I want to share with you the article I read about a person at the airport. Upon trying to pay for luggage while checking in, their card was promptly declined. Not knowing what else to do, or any other resources at hand such as cash- they stepped out of line trying not to hold it up. The person behind them paid for their luggage and left a note on the receipt asking them to "pay it forward" and in turn do a kind deed for someone in the future. I think sometimes we do not consider the little things that can mean so much to brighten someone elses day. One day in Main Street Market, an elderly lady seemed to be having some difficulty reaching items on the shelf and asked me if I would help. We got to talking, and I ended up spending the next half hour helping her shop for groceries and loading her car. I don't always think about doing these things, but I ought to more often. A little random act of kindness can go a long way. Have you "paid it forward" lately?

Since: Oct 13

Frankfort, IN

#2 Feb 6, 2014
Yes I have !
JDub

United States

#3 Mar 5, 2014
Mindy walker Hines needs some random acts of kindness she was shot in her home on east green on January 15 and no one from the community has stepped up to help her. She has been out of work since then and is raising her two grand kids she has custody of. Not one community church or program has tried to help this single woman who was shot in her own home putting laundry away in a 7 year old child's bedroom.
SOSAD

Goshen, IN

#4 Mar 8, 2014
JDub wrote:
Mindy walker Hines needs some random acts of kindness she was shot in her home on east green on January 15 and no one from the community has stepped up to help her. She has been out of work since then and is raising her two grand kids she has custody of. Not one community church or program has tried to help this single woman who was shot in her own home putting laundry away in a 7 year old child's bedroom.
This is the first I have heard of this? Don't recall seeing anything in the paper or hearing it on the radio. Please give more information so if someone wants to help then they know where to go. Have you set up an account at a bank? Other than posting on here YOU need to take the initiative and get the word out and I'm sure you will find that people will be more than willing to help!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parks Super 4 hr skillet licker 13
Slurpy 9 hr Inspector 3
Frankfort Apartments (Feb '17) 16 hr sadtimes 148
Lazy Sheriff Sun Proud American 24
Hispanic Car Lots? Sun Proud American 15
is frankfort on its way to bankruptcy (Dec '15) Oct 20 Real Frankfort Ci... 24
Kevin Obrien (Jan '17) Oct 19 Sees thru you 58

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance