Natural Gas VS. Coal Vs. Nuclear Energy

Natural Gas VS. Coal Vs. Nuclear Energy

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

OpinionsMatter

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Sep 3, 2013
Any inputs on what you think about King Coal and the environment? Are carbon credits helpful for the environment? What about natural gas as an alternative fuel source for vehicles? Is metalurigical coal on the rebound? Nuclear power: is it safe? Do you know anyone affected by Chernobyl? I do. Look at some of the pictures online of Chernobyl.
OpinionsMatter

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Sep 3, 2013
Also check out 3 mile Island
OpinionsMatter

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Sep 3, 2013
OpinionsMatter

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Sep 3, 2013
OpinionsMatter

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Sep 3, 2013
Natural Gas?

Human Waste to supply power for a home? http://www.youtube.com/watch...
OpinionsMatter

UK

#6 Sep 3, 2013
Uno

Frankfort, IN

#7 Sep 3, 2013
It is so refreshing to get off work and find some intelligent conversation on topix..:) I chose "nuclear power" to discuss, because generally people tend to have an irrational fear or distrust and view it as risky business. The fact is, coal mining and its entirety causes over "10,000 deaths" (Cunningham, 2011, pg.197) in the United States each year. On the other hand, nuclear power has not been the result of a single known death in our country. We have enough nuclear fuel to produce power for a very long time and it does not contribute to global warming. Professor Robert Socolow said "if we doubled the nuclear power plants, we could eliminate 1 billion tons of CO2 emissions" (2009, seminar). Perhaps the HTGCR would be a safer route than the PWR or the RBMK. I do not agree with the excess waist and the storage of the waist.
Uno

Frankfort, IN

#8 Sep 3, 2013
Waste not waist yes the iPad changed my words!! Lol no big surprise!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why errbody hatin on J Roc? Jun 25 King of All Wieners 23
Any where to camp around here (May '15) Jun 19 King of all Wieners 6
Sad for Frankfort Jun 19 King of all Wieners 10
Sports complex Jun 17 Semper Fi 37
I'll say it (Nov '15) Jun 15 King of all Wieners 4
Are there any Painting classes in Frankfort (Dec '15) Jun 15 King of all Wieners 2
Drug problem in Frankfort Jun 15 King of all Weiners 16

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages